capn_carrot's Ame-Comi Girls #5 - The Chosen, Part 3 review

Enter Hawkgirl

The latest issue continues the Sinestra/Black Lantern storyline by introducing two new versions of familiar characters. I enjoyed the Hawkgirl origin more than that of Alanna Strange but both create interesting version of well-established characters. Although the themes the comic is dealing with at times aren't what one would call subtle the story is well-told and I want to spend more time with both characters. From here we get the Black Lanterns attack on Thanagar and the beginning of a resistance led by Alanna Strange which we are told will take place on the villain's next target - Earth. I'm enjoying the spirit and design of this series more than most of the (far grittier and more muted) New 52.

You can find more of my reviews (with images) on RazorFine Reviews