the_cyan_lantern's Amazing Spider-Man Presents: American Son #1 - Patriot Act review

American Son: Should I Pick It Up?

Summary:

Following Siege, H.A.M.M.E.R. Tech must now be confiscated but certain items have been taken. Now with Harry's father recently fired and the suit shown in the media, Harry has agents watching him and no friends to turn to.

The Good:

If you have not been following all of Siege and only picked up the 4 main issues, this book really gives you a nice intro to who is American Son and why he is relevant. Reading the book you really get a good sense of how Harry is effected by his "Crazy Sause"  faced father and the friends around him. Another good was the art. You can really see and feel Harry's emotions pour out as people are either giving him symphony or making him upset.

The Bad:

There was no really no bad that could leave you unsatisfied. Plus there is a good cliff hanger end that gives you a reason to pick up #2.

Verdict: 4 out of 5

It wasn't the perfect comic but it really held up it's own story and I can see myself picking up #2,3, and 4
Posted by SilverZeo

The American Son arc in SPider-Man made me forgive the Web Crawler, as well as Marvel, for OMD. But they brought up the OTHER story arc that the fans aren't a 100% behind on.