Follow

Amanda Conner

Person » Amanda Conner is credited in 910 issues.

An Irish-American comic book artist, perhaps best known for her work on the Power Girl series.

Watch Amanda Conner Draw Silk Spectre

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

People have been pretty vocal about the upcoming BEFORE WATCHMEN spin-offs. Those against the idea feel they are unnecessary and the idea is just wrong. Obviously it's best to hold off judgment until actually seeing what DC has planned beyond the released announcement. There is an incredible list of creators involved and that in itself is enough of a reason to check them out.

For example, the lovely and talented Amanda Conner is busy working on the SILK SPECTRE mini with Darwyn Cooke writing. That is a killer combination right there. For a taste of what we can expect, check out this time lapsed video Jimmy Palmiottitweeted this morning. It was a commission she did at Mega Con 2012.

We'll have to wait until summer for more.

No Caption Provided
    wikiwickerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By wikiwickerman

That was pretty awesome.

Rise2Ragnarok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Rise2Ragnarok

I was there watching this when it happened! She did a Power Girl sketch for me right before she did this one =)

jsphsmth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By jsphsmth

Cannot believe the quality of the talent DC has lined up for Before Watchmen. I am SO looking forward to this.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By sethysquare

Abso-fu*king-lutely brilliant.

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Vortex13

Geez Amanda Connor is amazing.

jubilee042

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By jubilee042

thats what i call a masterpeice

Pussmangus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Pussmangus

:( I'm still sad i couldn't find her during the con o.o

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By ReVamp

Pretty good.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#9  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

It's ridicules how well some people can draw, especially just straight up putting it down like that.

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Decept-O

Very beautiful to say the least. Looked like she used Prismacolor art markers, a Faber-Castell brush marker ( I think ), and a Copic marker. However I can't identify the brand of the orange brush highlight marker. Looks like Bristol board.

OK being geeky regarding the tools she used but all I know is the end result is fantastic!

Been thinking about the whole Before Watchmen thing and I think it could be a great thing to have additional stories in that universe. I mean, plenty of things happened prior to the Watchmen graphic novel in terms of the timeline and all so why the heck not. Unless DC plans on charging an arm and a leg for the comics which won't be a good thing.

gangly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By gangly

Amanda Conner; master of the sultry smirk.

I still think the whole Before Watchmen project is an insult to Moore, fans, and creativity in general, but at least one of my favorite artists is getting paid. :/

KidSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By KidSupreme

That is pretty amazing!

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Bestostero

awesome! Silk Spectre was always one of my favorites

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @gangly said:

Amanda Conner; master of the sultry smirk.

I still think the whole Before Watchmen project is an insult to Moore, fans, and creativity in general, but at least one of my favorite artists is getting paid. :/

Why do you think that?
    davelecave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By davelecave

Wow.

jsphsmth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jsphsmth

@gangly: It probably is insulting to Moore, but I would imagine that he was given multiple opportunites by DC to be involved.

Not so much an insult to fans. If somebody doesn't like a character, concept, or comic, then they don't need to buy it.

Definitely not an insult to creativity. Moore rehashed the Charlton Comics characters rather than create his own, so why can't these other amazing writers do the same?

gangly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By gangly

@spiderbat87: Well, I really don't wanna start the argument here, as it's a forum about an awesome video of a wonderful artist. But here's my basic point:

The Before Watchmen project is only happening out of pure greed and need to make headlines by DC. The fans never really wanted it, the man who used his life's experience and knowledge to create these amazing characters and worlds expressively is asking for it to not happen (which to any artist with integrity should be enough), and (possibly) worst of all is that they're using considerable funds to pump in to this quick cash grab, instead of paying all of these talented people to perhaps try something new. Get these great teams together to create their own masterpeices, not to needlessly sully a work of art.

As I said though, this really isn't the place to start the flamewar, so I'll end the rant there. Plenty of time to yell later. ;)

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @gangly said:

@spiderbat87: Well, I really don't wanna start the argument here, as it's a forum about an awesome video of a wonderful artist. But here's my basic point:

The Before Watchmen project is only happening out of pure greed and need to make headlines by DC. The fans never really wanted it, the man who used his life's experience and knowledge to create these amazing characters and worlds expressively is asking for it to not happen (which to any artist with integrity should be enough), and (possibly) worst of all is that they're using considerable funds to pump in to this quick cash grab, instead of paying all of these talented people to perhaps try something new. Get these great teams together to create their own masterpeices, not to needlessly sully a work of art.

As I said though, this really isn't the place to start the flamewar, so I'll end the rant there. Plenty of time to yell later. ;)

no flames here but Moore didn't create any of the characters, if he didn't want them used he could have done it through a creator owned company with totally original characters also Moore had planed all long to do prequels before the falling out with DC, the only reason he is pissed is because there doing it without him but he could have just as easly got involved if he wanted to
    TheOptimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By TheOptimist

Oh darn, I was hoping she was going to be drawing Silk Spectre II for the commish... still going to enjoy it but...

And just because... I'll say not only am I excited for Before Watchmen... I have been waiting for it and have wanted it... so... cool.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Absolutely LOVE Amanda Conner, and by what I see here this is a Silk Spectre masterpiece! Come on summer, aren't you here yet?!

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21  Edited By Deranged Midget

She's incredibly talented.

CrimsonTempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#22  Edited By CrimsonTempest

I miss her art. Seriously. This makes me miss it that much more. Great comission from Mrs. Conner!

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By NightFang3

That was cool.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#24  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

thats cool

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#25  Edited By The Impersonator

@sethysquare said:

Abso-fu*king-lutely brilliant.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#26  Edited By fodigg

Darwyn Cooke & Amanda Conner? Sorry, Mr. Moore, but I'm reading this and going to like it.

erichr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By erichr

When the Comicvine crew goes to cons, you guys need to do videos in this style. I totally dug the commission contest videos, and this was also super cool. Nothing like seeing something be created from nothing. And I'm sure most artists wouldn't mind it either!

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By doordoor123

She's the one artist I'll buy absolutely anything from.

@gangly said:

Well that is your opinion. DC Comics is a company. Anything any company does is out of greed. If not, why would they have a company? Watchmen has been kept untouched until now due to DC's respect towards it but it was a cash cow just sitting there waiting to be touched. If they can do it, why not? The original Watchmen stands on its own anyhow. You don't even need to pick up these books and the original can still be preserved. These aren't meant to hurt the original; only to fill in some gaps for some readers who either miss the universe or would like to see some background.

DC is putting these great creative teams on a book like these because they still respect the book the came before. And many of these writers ARE trying new things. Many of the New 25 is "new" and some of them are doing really great things in that. If they wanted to try to create their own masterpieces they would do creator owned work (and many of them are doing that but it isn't where the money to pay the bills are)

gangly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By gangly

@doordoor123 said:

If they can do it, why not?

This makes me so sad.

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By doordoor123

@gangly said:

@doordoor123 said:

If they can do it, why not?

This makes me so sad.

Why? Did you not read the rest of my post? It benefits the fans and the company mutually. If you don't want to buy it, you don't have to.

sinful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#31  Edited By sinful

Now All we need is a Greg Land Drawing Video.

ReadItNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#32  Edited By ReadItNow

Well now after seeing how awesome her work has been in the first three issues, this is even more exciting!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.