Was there Official Amalgam Bios?

#1 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't know how to ask the question in the title without making it too long but basically my question is this: when someone for example decides that Dr. Strangefate is Dr. Strange + Dr. Fate + Professor X, is that popular decision on the fans part or did DC/Marvel ever release something that stated who every Amalgam character was a combination of? And if they did, does anyone know where one can access it? I mean I know there are lists on Wikipedia and even here, but is there an official list or no?

#2 Posted by geometry (1243 posts) - - Show Bio

All I know is, Amazon had the powers of Wonder Woman and Storm. I think that's complete overkill if you ask me.

#3 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

I've never seen them either.

#4 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't remember any official statement that announced which Amalgam characters were a product of combining certain Marvel/DC characters.  At the time, the hype was more about getting people to buy the comics more than telling us who was in them.  In fact, I didn't know much about DC when Amalgam was published, so I had no idea who Starfire was (as in Shatterstarfire), so I was annoyed that Shatterstar was turned into a girl... seems strangely apt now :p  So I think that info has come from the fans over the years.

#5 Posted by jloneblackheart (5528 posts) - - Show Bio

they made trading cards but I don't have them. Maybe there is some info on them?

#6 Posted by sweatboy (816 posts) - - Show Bio

i've seen a who's who of the amalgam universe. The Preface of Marvel vs DC states that the project was inspired by fanmail asking for "who would win in Hulk vs Superman battle?" (now no one on comicvine would EVER wonder about such things, lol. Sorry i find battles unamusing, but comics and superheroes otherwise VERY amusing) So i guess SOME Amalgamations COULD have been fan made. I dont think they had polls on amalgamations, but at least we know our responses are taken seriously

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.