Follow

Amadeus Cho

Character » Amadeus Cho appears in 644 issues.

The eighth smartest person on the planet, Amadeus Cho has a hypermind which allows him to run a virtually limitless amount of calculations in his head. Recently, he shouldered Banner's burden of being the Hulk, granting himself the power he always wanted and having to deal with his own monster. After a climactic fight in the heart of Manhattan where he reconciled his personalities, he's now a slimmed down Hulk with a new superhero identity, Brawn, who leads the Agents of Atlas in defending Asia.

Amadeus Cho and his fans. . .

TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Edited By TypingKira

Why aren't there more fans of Amadeus Cho? He's the comedic every-kid. Someone lots of people can relate to, even if he is a hyper mind and involved with our dear friends the Greek Freaks. Seriously, I don't think this kid gets enough panel time, considering what a rare and wonderful character he is. He's not particularly good-looking and he's kind of a wise guy, but a voice of reason that a few characters respect (or at least learn that he's right. The Hulk, anyone?)
    Anyone out there with me?

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By jayskee

I'm a cho fan
    XRiskyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By XRiskyX

Not a fan but I certainly like little Amadeus.

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
    turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By turoksonofstone
    @jayskee said:
    " I'm a cho fan "
    Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#4  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

ive never read anything with him in it, nut grom what i hear hes pretty cool. 

i think i might try to find some tpbs of slotts run of mighty avengers
    Avatar image for curbsideprophet
    CurbsideProphet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By CurbsideProphet

I love Amadeus he's awesome. I also like how he's called the 7th smartest person in the world. It amuses me that they're rating everybody on a smartness scale. I wonder how far it goes?

TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TypingKira
    @CurbsideProphet: Well, Hank Pym made it up, so guess who's at the top? ;D Amadeus was downgraded to the 8th (which is stupid). 

WHo doesn't love amadeus? 
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#7  Edited By SC  Moderator

I am a fan, but he can almost be written a bit as a Gary Sue. Also I am a huge fan of humor in comics, and he brings that, but I am an even bigger fan of intelligence and intelligent comics, and sometimes I prefer reading those things in a more serious context, not... to say I prefer serious personalities with comic characters, often inherently they are funny, but a lot of the time, intelligence as its applied in comics tends to be... writers probably have fun with it, I hope they know that intelligence isn't something that can truly be defined in such a linear fashion, nor does being in the upper echelon of intelligence equate to being effective in the same way comic characters are. In that respect I can find Cho (or really more his writers - but even they just follow which is an industry standard beyond intelligence as well, into everything) annoying.  

Loved him in iHerc. Would prefer if they put more emphasis on how Cho ranks intelligence as a personality quirk of his. Plus his rankings are usually wrong. lol

Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Donnieman v5.1

I think he's quite a cool character and a great supporting cast member.

TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TypingKira
    @SC: Kinda funny that you comment on this when you do, I was just thinking about putting him in the FF. . . lol 

I see what you mean, it's hard to define JUST how smart someone is, and a big problem is that in a lot of ways that Cho is kind of dumb. I think they mean it in terms of IQ scores though, more than actual intelligence.  

Him in almost anything is a welcome edition to any book, he was great in iHerc, i agree. 
    TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TypingKira
    @Donnieman v5.1: I tend to agree :D
    Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Donnieman v5.1
    @TypingKira: Yay =D
    TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TypingKira

Why is this thread so popular all of a sudden? 

Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Donnieman v5.1
    @TypingKira: I blame my following feed x)
    TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TypingKira
    @Donnieman v5.1: Yeah, you do that. Just blame all your problems on your feed!!!
    Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Donnieman v5.1
    @TypingKira: I wasn't aware mine posting in here was a problem :'(
    TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TypingKira
    @Donnieman v5.1: No, it's not at all, it's very welcome!!!!! It's just that this thread has been on for 4 months and only got 4 posts. 
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @TypingKira said:
    " @SC: Kinda funny that you comment on this when you do, I was just thinking about putting him in the FF. . . lol  I see what you mean, it's hard to define JUST how smart someone is, and a big problem is that in a lot of ways that Cho is kind of dumb. I think they mean it in terms of IQ scores though, more than actual intelligence.   Him in almost anything is a welcome edition to any book, he was great in iHerc, i agree.  "

Well it depends, in some ways its easy to define, just how you apply that in relation to other people is hard, and what that means even more specifically, but many writers just consider what characters have done smart sounding things and consider the ones that do the smartest sounding things must therefore be the smartest. When thats probably like the most flawed thinking one can have lol 

The same principle applies to IQ scores, and its basic logic that Cho would realize even if he did have a high IQ, its only within the database of where and how he was measured. His writers could also underrate Alyssa Moy in this instance as well. Anyway characters intelligence can come of weird given writers writing if intelligence. Depending on the time of book (serious vs lighthearted) usually I prefer to read my smart characters under Ellis, Hickman, Morrison, or Carey. They tend to know the intricacies involved with intelligence and how to apply it in comics. 
    TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TypingKira
    @SC: Hmm. . . Now that you mention it, that is something a lot of writers do. . . I'll keep that in mind. 
    Avatar image for curbsideprophet
    CurbsideProphet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By CurbsideProphet
    @TypingKira:
    Eff Hank pym
    TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TypingKira
    @CurbsideProphet: LOL, I'm with ya buddy 
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @TypingKira said:
    " @SC: Hmm. . . Now that you mention it, that is something a lot of writers do. . . I'll keep that in mind.  "

I'm sure you would write him great by the way! ^_^ You have a healthy respect and appreciation for characters and that shows though in your work.  

Oh, and for fun and because its helpful in some ways various sites have free science documentaries you can find though google. A lot of the smartest, or considered smartest people today and though history, had really peculiar habits or were also considered really dumb because of their social habits, Quite a few of the greatest mathematicians... had horrible and tragic ends... Consider savantism as well, as well as people who receive damage to the brain that lets them unlock previous unseen artistic abilities and even switch accents lol 

My favorite historical scientist use to be really scared of people. 0_o and his contributions could only be applied after his death when people could actually see what he was up to... sad but sort of funny too. I like to think that the smartest humans on Marvel Earth are characters we might not know, because they lack the ability to be known, or can only apply their intelligence in limited fields, like mind controlling ants to make origami, because lets face it, the usual suspects for intelligence are a bit quirky but they still function pretty normally. I mean even compared to other super smart people in history and i though comics was meant to be an exaggeration of life? Oh, and please remember Valeria is über smart.. lol my competitive side emerges... 
    TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TypingKira
    @SC: Aw, thanks!!!! 

I've actually watched a lot of those. I spent the first years of my life being a science nerd and I love the science channel. And I've seen a lot of specials on savantism. It's kind of sad that these people have such beautiful, brilliant minds, but such strange habits or fears.  

LOL, I'll remember that. 
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @TypingKira said:

" Why is this thread so popular all of a sudden?  "

LMAO, I only just realized. ^_^
    TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TypingKira
    @SC said:
    " @TypingKira said:
    " Why is this thread so popular all of a sudden?  "
     LMAO, I only just realize. ^_^ "
    I was all like, 'wait, I posted this 4 months ago. Why now?'  

Really, it's all your fault though. It's like when you post on something, everyone else wants to too. LOL
    Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Amadeus Cho is a pimp

TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TypingKira
    @Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
    Amadeus Cho is a pimp
    Quoth for truth. :}
    Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TypingKira
    @Emperor Gonzo Noir: OMG I love that song!!! I listen to it every time I read something with Amadeus in it. He like, really needs a book. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.