Alpha One (Superman Replacement)

#1 Posted by DEGRAAF (7896 posts) - - Show Bio

when i came across al;hpa one at first i just heard he was the fastest man on earth which got me interested thinking "how could he be faster than the Flash when superman isnt even that fast.) 

Come to find out he is practically a near perfect superman replica (in terms of powersand Looks) for DC. with him getting his own series trying to give him more of a background do think this could be DC's version of Superman incase another deal doesnt go thru with the Seigels? 

Simply put,      IS THIS SUPERMAN'S REPLACEMENT?

#2 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7224 posts) - - Show Bio

no. He's in his own universe.  He is the fastest man on earth, because he's the only one with powers on earth.  He's just a "what if superman was psychotic and had a god complex?" character

#3 Posted by MrCipher (276 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree. The whole tone of the world he's in is depressed and jaded. There is no "truth, justice and the american way" - no higher ideals or values.. He's a media spin doctor and capitalist (in a bad way).
#4 Posted by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEGRAAF said:
" when i came across al;hpa one at first i just heard he was the fastest man on earth which got me interested thinking "how could he be faster than the Flash when superman isnt even that fast.)  Come to find out he is practically a near perfect superman replica (in terms of powersand Looks) for DC. with him getting his own series trying to give him more of a background do think this could be DC's version of Superman incase another deal doesnt go thru with the Seigels?  Simply put,      IS THIS SUPERMAN'S REPLACEMENT? "
Superman has no replacements. Just re-told origins once in the while.
#5 Posted by DEGRAAF (7896 posts) - - Show Bio
@the human Juggernaut said:
"no. He's in his own universe.  He is the fastest man on earth, because he's the only one with powers on earth.  He's just a "what if superman was psychotic and had a god complex?" character "

Alpha one is Psychotic and has a god complex? Sounds like Marvels Sentry

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.