Follow

Alpha Flight

Team » Alpha Flight appears in 984 issues.

Alpha Flight is Canada's premiere superhero team. Amongst its members are Guardian, Sasquatch, Puck, Vindicator, and Northstar. Even Wolverine has been counted among their ranks.

Alpha Flight Cancelled?

EvilAndy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By EvilAndy

What was an 8 issue series was announced to be an ongoing series in Toronto a few weeks ago. Now it's been cancelled (apparently Greg Pak confirmed on Twitter). What the hell is going on there at Marvel? Did they announce the ongoing series just because they were in Canada and wanted to make some kind of splash or is this cancellation going to be followed up by a new #1 the next month like they did with Uncanny X-Men?

TheOptimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By TheOptimist

I was incredibly confused when they announced it as an ongoing, citing the potential success of the series when it was running at the same levels as Herc, which had a similar length as an ongoing... yeah, confusing might be an understating. When they announced it, I assumed they might launch an ongoing afterwards, but comments I read intended to make it very clear that the miniseries was BECOMING the ongoing... which leaves us mostly in a state of "I don't know" for the time being.

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By CATPANEXE

Nurtz! I'm really enjoying this book in particular.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#4  Edited By xerox_kitty

Anyone have any links to confirm this? The current Alpha Flight limited series is fantastic. I thought the ongoing would be a separate & new series afterwards. How can it be cancelled before it's even started?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By joshmightbe

You shouldn't be surprised, every time there is a rash of cancellations while an Alpha Flight book is being published the are usually the first to go cause apparently Marvel can only abide one Canadian on a regular basis.

EvilAndy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By EvilAndy

@xerox_kitty: I got the info here:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=48745

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#7  Edited By xerox_kitty

Thanks for the link. They're confirming that the current series ends with issue 8, which it was meant to anyway. I remain hopeful that it's just a break between titles (from limited and a new ongoing)... If it is a full cancellation, then I'll be very disappointed. This has easily been the best thing to come from Fear Itself & I've really REALLY enjoyed this new Alpha Flight series.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#8  Edited By papad1992

Marvel always shuns these guys, and Winter Guard!! I think Marvel doesn't like Canada or Russia!!

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By Darkchild

@xerox_kitty said:

Thanks for the link. They're confirming that the current series ends with issue 8, which it was meant to anyway. I remain hopeful that it's just a break between titles (from limited and a new ongoing)... If it is a full cancellation, then I'll be very disappointed. This has easily been the best thing to come from Fear Itself & I've really REALLY enjoyed this new Alpha Flight series.

agreed

armylife1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By armylife1124

Damn Alpha Flight has always been one of my favorite teams, but no one likes Canadians unless they come join a US group

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#11  Edited By Kairan1979

@papad1992 said:

Marvel always shuns these guys, and Winter Guard!! I think Marvel doesn't like Canada or Russia!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.