ironhawk22's All-New X-Men #1 review

X-Citing New Era for the X-Men!

Cover: Fantastic two sided cover, I love the writing on the bottom for MARVEL NOW(!!!).

Art.

The art is great, one small complaint is on some pages the colors are a bit dark and the letters are kind of smeared.

Story and Script.

One word: Iceman. Iceman steals the show in this issue with his humor. I really like Cyclopes NOW(!!!), I've never been a huge fan but I find him much more interesting as of late. The new characters in this issue seem interesting as well.

Something I don't like so much is how Magneto is kind of just there, not really doing much. I really like Magneto(thanks to X-Men: Magneto Testament; which I may talk more about in the not so distant future). The development with Beast is extremely interesting. Another fault with this issue is the last pages were spoiled like months ago.

Overall: Pick it up!

Other reviews for All-New X-Men #1

All-New X-Men #1 Review 0

Cover - 5/5Would I pick-up the comic based on the cover alone? Are the alternate covers appealing? Does the cover portray what happens in the issue?Art - 5/5Do I personally like this artist's style? Does the artist stay true to the characters appearance?Color/Ink - 5/5Does the work blend well with the artist? Is the coloring/inking enjoyable and easy to distinguish what's happening?Layout - 5/5Does the layout of the issue make it easy to read? Does the issue have a good flow of the plot and keep...

SHAKEY START, STRONG FINISH : ALL NEW X-MEN #1 0

There are a lot of questions I have coming from 20 years away from reading the X-men on a regular basis. Mainly , why is Cyclops , the one man who could always be counted on to follow Xaviers dream, working with the Brotherhood and acting like a terrorist?I understand he did for a bit in the "Ultimate" Universe , but those books made sure no one was a likable character.It did not take me long to get into the story and accept this is how things are now. I understand this Marvel Now" thing is sup...