inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

The Good

The conclusion to the first arc is pretty nuts. It's filled with action and battles and buses flipping over. This issue is high octane, pun very intended. Reading this is like jumping into the final battle scene of any summer blockbuster film.

There is one big revelation here with Robbie and Eli. Mr Hyde recognizes Ghost Rider and makes mention of it. However, Eli doesn't know what he's talking about. This could mean a plethora of things. Maybe Eli is a brand new spirit of vengeance and hasn't been given the vengeance handbook. Maybe he's not a spirit of vengeance of all. As much as this was a cool part of this book, though, it leaves the reader with a ton of questions, which can be frustrating.

It's easy to fall in love with Tradd Moore's art, with Val Staples on colors. This whole issue is just eye candy. It's a delight to look at, and while Moore's style is a bit out there, is eerily fits the book. There's an insane amount of detail within each panel and so much going on within each page, and yet, that chaos never comes of as, well, chaotic. His art is very readable, even in some odd situations where things are supposed to look confusing.

By the end of the issue, there's this great feeling of retribution as Robbie has saved the day and everything is wrapped. Things that happened in the first couple of issues are resolved.

The Bad

The overall story and arc leaves a ton of unanswered questions. We're still not sure what's going on with Robbie and because of a few revelations from this issue, there's even more questions about what's going on with Robbie and Eli (who may or may not be the spirit of vengeance?). Although it's the first arc, it feels like we're missing so many things about this character.

Everything wraps up a little too nice. There isn't any lead in to the next arc. Understandably, issues don't have to give readers a glimpse into what's coming down the road but with something this new, it would be nice to have a small heads up with what we can expect next from this series.

The Verdict

The first arc wraps up in an action-packed finale that is an incredibly fun read. While there is some frustration with knowing where this series is headed and what's going on with Eli, the overall issue provides some beautifully crafted art and a non-stop action thrill ride. I'm really glad that the new Ghost Rider book took this direction. It feels fresh and so different from previous incarnations. This is a series you should check out.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

I love this title, Each issue seems to jump to the top of my read list.

BigL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2  Edited By BigL

I've only read the first issue of this series and I absolutely loved it. The nearest comic shop for me is 30+minutes away, so I go there only once a month but I was lucky enough to go today and picked this issue up. I had ordered issues 2-4 of this series online and I can't wait for them to arrive so I can read them. This is a series that has me hyped. The first issue seemed to me like a mix of Life is Hot in Cracktown and The Fast & Furious. The art is great too, especially on the cars

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

@br_havoc said:

I love this title, Each issue seems to jump to the top of my read list.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
    deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Okay, so, my fear of this issue being the end of the series was unfounded. I've been out of the loop on a few things and THE END kind of threw me and my stomach dropped.

I too was a little confused with Eli being unaware of Ghost Rider but instead of it being confusing bad, I was confused good. It was never properly explained how there could be two Ghost Riders so having this bit of dialogue made that lingering, untied string at least be acknowledged.

The art is just perfect. I am getting repetitive at this point, but it really is.

Jrod64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh my gosh. Incredible finish to the first arc. Loved the chain knife action. Great final issue by Tradd Moore and hopefully people continue to read this series and weren't just picking it up for his art, which was really good.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ClawFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By ClawFist

This and Ms. Marvel are my top pics every month thus far. The negatives in this review don't seem too bad to me. I like the mysteries carrying over into future arcs. I definitely don't want all the answers immediately, for me it's kind of refreshing. I'm sure some answers will probably come about when Robbie faces Johnny in issue 8, and oh boy am I looking forward to that. I'm liking the development Robbie is getting, and I like wondering if Eli is trustworthy. It leaves me tolerable questions that I don't mind waiting for, as long the answers are coming, and this arc tells me Moore knows what he's doing. This is definitely my favorite Ghost Rider out of them all :)

I just hope people are buying this ongoing. I really don't want Robbie to go away, and I fear he might be getting overlooked in favor of all the Avengers Now! stuff we're seeing. I didn't hear any news about All-New Ghost Rider at comic-con and I was dissappointed by that.

@ms-lola: In past issues of Ghost Rider, not All-New Ghost Rider, but with Johnny and Danny, it's shown there are actually several Ghost Riders at one time. Some look radically different, and they all ride something different. For a time, Danny was hunting them all down and absorbing their spirits. So it's still probable for Robbie to be a Ghost Rider, but I think a major difference here is that Eli Morrow is a human spirit. He may not be a Ghost Rider, I'm not sure exactly what's going on and I don't fully trust Eli. He could be lying about not knowing. I don't know, but the mystery about it all sure is fun, isn't it? :D

@theacidskull: I believe at the beginning of issue four, Eli pretty much explains and sort of foreshadows how their Ghost Rider is was able to defeat Mr. Hyde. He says they're getting stronger every day, that they're already stronger then they were the day Grumpy beat them into the ground. He might not be on Mr. Hyde's level in terms of raw phsyical power yet, but the explanation above is enough for me to believe Robbie could give Mr. Hyde a run for his money in the following issue. I'm wondering what kind of physical effects Robbie will suffer the longer he's bonded to Eli. So far we see the eye, and we see the markings, I'm wondering how far it's gonna get. :O

ClawFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By ClawFist

@theacidskull: He might've seemed more dangerous, but I think that goes with how much more powerful he's becoming. Morrally I did like how in the end he made his own decision regardless of what Eli wanted, and it was the most positive outcome of the choices available. We see that Eli isn't in control of Robbie, despite convincing him to shave his head. I always like seeing characters who can overcome their source of power when it can potentially result to negative outcomes.

deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clawfist said:

@ms-lola: In past issues of Ghost Rider, not All-New Ghost Rider, but with Johnny and Danny, it's shown there are actually several Ghost Riders at one time. Some look radically different, and they all ride something different. For a time, Danny was hunting them all down and absorbing their spirits. So it's still probable for Robbie to be a Ghost Rider, but I think a major difference here is that Eli Morrow is a human spirit. He may not be a Ghost Rider, I'm not sure exactly what's going on and I don't fully trust Eli. He could be lying about not knowing. I don't know, but the mystery about it all sure is fun, isn't it? :D

I had no idea there are other Ghost Riders (outside of the one with Thunderbolts). I thought there could only be one and that was why so many older fans were so upset when this series was announced. I know next to nothing about the character, I've never really paid much attention despite it having a premise I kind of lean towards (religion, God, devils and angels type of thing). Robbie is my first introduction. Thank you for correcting me, looks like I will be heading out to my library to get some older Ghost Rider books.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
    WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola: check out Ghost Rider:Heavens on Fire and Trials and Tribulations.

Avatar image for tylerdurden7272
    TylerDurden7272

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull:

Is Blaze or Ketch's presence felt in this book? I'm still not sure if should pick this up or not...

TylerDurden7272

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull:

Not even a mentioning of their names?? Why does Marvel always have to get rid of such great characters -_-

deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola: check out Ghost Rider:Heavens on Fire and Trials and Tribulations.

Thanks for the direction! I'll grab that first.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jrod64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Jrod64

@testament: Blaze has been mentioned by Dr. Hyde and Zabo but not by name. In this latest issue, Zabo says "It's you, you look different...and you drive a car now?" If you've seen the cover, Johnny Blaze will be in issue 8.

TylerDurden7272

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jrod64 said:

@testament: Blaze has been mentioned by Dr. Hyde and Zabo but not by name. In this latest issue, Zabo says "It's you, you look different...and you drive a car now?" If you've seen the cover, Johnny Blaze will be in issue 8.

Really? Cool. I might have to pick this up after all. I know he's still with the Thunderbolts right now but I don't see that lasting that long. And I hope we see Danny Ketch some time too

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#22  Edited By Teerack

I wish Robbie didn't shave his head. He looked SO much cooler before he saved his head. There didn't seem to be any reason for it either.

@testament said:
    @jrod64 said:

Really? Cool. I might have to pick this up after all. I know he's still with the Thunderbolts right now but I don't see that lasting that long. And I hope we see Danny Ketch some time too

I'm like 90% cure that's Danny Ketch. Johnny Blaze lost his Spirit of Vengeance and is free of the curse in Thunderbolts recently.

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.