The Fourth Kind.....

#1 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27083 posts) - - Show Bio
While watching Halloween (see my wonderful review) I came across a trailer for a new film titled the Fourth Kind, a film supposedly about a doctor based in Nome Alaska who encountered several patients suffering from sleep disorder who all claimed to have been abducted. Now this starts as a rather fabulous premise on its own, woot i think another great abduction film.. but there is more this film claims to have been taken from true events!  Much like Blair Witch Project the film is using propaganda, getting people talking trying to find out is this the truth etc, i say well done! if it is true, brilliant film, if not brilliant advertising!  

as you will see in the trailer below, the film surrounds both filmed footage with Milla Jovovich playing the doctor and the other part footage from the doctors ACTUAL sessions!   

watching the trailer i was shivering with fear as i personally am utterly petrified of Aliens, yet I love to scare myself! I will be going to see this film for sure, will you? Do you think its all a bunch of phoey? or have you any real info about Nome? I would love to hear it!
#2 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27083 posts) - - Show Bio

I forgot to mention Arrow wont let me go see this :-( lol

#3 Posted by Vortex13 (12223 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks very interesting. As long as the camera work is not as bad as "Blair Witch Project" I'll probably go see it. It looks nice and freaky. Of course I don't actually believe in alien abductions, but anything for a thrill lol.

#4 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4157 posts) - - Show Bio

I am not sure if I want to see this, I saw the Blair Witch Project when it was in theaters and ever since then I have a hard time trusting movies that claim to be based on true events. Much like this Project Paranormal movie, scariest movie my eye. Although if I have nothing better to do and someone buys my ticket, who am I to say no :) But other then that I'd rather a true horror movie with all the blood, sex, and gore.

#5 Posted by Vortex13 (12223 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nova`Prime`: The horror movies that play a psychological fears are always more effective at scaring people. Gore, blood, sex, and guts, not scary in the least. Fun to watch definitely but they are not scary in the least.
#6 Posted by Final Arrow (24359 posts) - - Show Bio

We may go see it, personally I see it more a thriller then anything else. Mr on the other hand has a rather strong fear of aliens so this is why I refuse to take her LOL.

#7 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27083 posts) - - Show Bio
@Final Arrow: i was rather nervous sitting next to you in the theatre.... but it could be fun! btw your in trouble at home
#8 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

HA HA!!... fourth kind
#9 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27083 posts) - - Show Bio
@Emperor Gonzo Noir: your mentioned in my Halloween review! and what do you mean HA HA im lost....
#10 Posted by Final Arrow (24359 posts) - - Show Bio
@.Mistress Redhead. said:
" @Final Arrow: i was rather nervous sitting next to you in the theatre.... but it could be fun! btw your in trouble at home "
Yay what did I do this time
#11 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio
" @Emperor Gonzo Noir: your mentioned in my Halloween review! and what do you mean HA HA im lost.... "

Harvey Birdman : Attorney at Law reference, when ever I hear third kind I think of  this line Phil Ken Sebben said about anal probing (he even says"Ha Ha !! Third Kind)
#12 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27083 posts) - - Show Bio
@Final Arrow: hid the car keys! LMAO 

@Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
" @.Mistress Redhead. said:
" @Emperor Gonzo Noir: your mentioned in my Halloween review! and what do you mean HA HA im lost.... "

Harvey Birdman : Attorney at Law reference, when ever I hear third kind I think of  this line Phil Ken Sebben said about anal probing (he even says"Ha Ha !! Third Kind) "
lol 
#13 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio
" @Final Arrow: hid the car keys! LMAO 

@Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
" @.Mistress Redhead. said:

Harvey Birdman : Attorney at Law reference, when ever I hear third kind I think of  this line Phil Ken Sebben said about anal probing (he even says"Ha Ha !! Third Kind) "
lol  "

did you see the pic I post in the comments on your reveiw?(it's Rob Zombie's way of apologizing)
#14 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27083 posts) - - Show Bio
@Emperor Gonzo Noir: oh no i must have missed it, going to look now!
#15 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4157 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vortex13: And that's why I like those horror movies, because they are vastly funnier then most comedies. My problem is the whole "Based on True Events" label. It usually means a let down, sorta like the Exorcism of Emily Rose. I was expecting an Exorcist like movie, not Law and Order. Although I do want to see Paranormal Activity, to see what all the fuss is about. But my local theaters aren't playing it so I guess I am out of luck until it comes out on DVD, but it will probably be a huge let down like Quarintine.
#16 Posted by joshmightbe (24689 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nova`Prime`:
blair witch was possibly the most boring horror movie i ever saw
#17 Posted by Vortex13 (12223 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nova`Prime`: Well it doesn't have to actually be based on a true story for them to give that label. They did that for the original "Last House On The Left" and it was total bull. They can have a tiny sliver of truth that someone was murdered violently and turn it into a supernatural serial killer that is unstoppable.
#18 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4157 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe: That's a given, the second one was much better. And that's not very hard, a dog chasing its tail would have been better then that piece of crap.

@Vortex13: And that's what irritates me most, it definitely gets thrown around way to much, especially now a days.
#19 Posted by danhimself (22292 posts) - - Show Bio

that scared me

#20 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27083 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
" that scared me "
me too!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.