joke thread: would you read an Alfred solo comic

#1 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

Would ya

#2 Edited by ___________________________ (238 posts) - - Show Bio

Good thing this was labeled as a joke or I might get confused.

For real though, who wouldn't check out an Alfred comic?

#3 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6142 posts) - - Show Bio

HOW IS THIS A JOKE THREAD???

IF AN ALFRED COMIC WAS $300 PER 20 PAGE ISSUE I WOULD DROP EVERY OTHER TITLE ON MY PULL-LIST AND JUST BY THAT. I WOULDN'T EVEN CARE IF IT WAS GOOD OR NOT.

#4 Edited by OmniBeast (475 posts) - - Show Bio

DON'T JOKE ABOUT MY DREAMS LIKE THAT.

Seriously though, I'd totally read an Alfred solo. Chances are we get to see some extra stuff in the mansion and bat-cave we normally don't see. We also get to see how babied bats actually is. Plus Alfred is a plane bad-ass. I think if Alfred wanted to, he could punch a hole clean through the fabrics of reality. One hit quit Supes to 5 other universes while destroying 17 others just from the shockwave of the punch. I think even The Presence would have to take a bow.

#5 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

@rulerofthisuniverse said:

IF AN ALFRED COMIC WAS $300 PER 20 PAGE ISSUE I WOULD DROP EVERY OTHER TITLE ON MY PULL-LIST AND JUST BY THAT. I WOULDN'T EVEN CARE IF IT WAS GOOD OR NOT.

#6 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6142 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by TheGoddamBatman (56 posts) - - Show Bio

Alfred solo title by Matt Fraction and David Aja.

#9 Edited by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=s-TgUcXkLfjI4AOm6ICwAQ&q=new+52+alfred+comic+deviantart&oq=new+52+alfred+comic+deviantart&gs_l=img.3...19678.22493.0.22818.11.11.0.0.0.0.124.833.10j1.11.0....0...1c.1.19.img.qnKmAILXvh0&biw=600&bih=1024&sei=zeTgUeeLKNfJ4AOerYGgAg#biv=i%7C59%3Bd%7Cbd4689eAxRBEvM%3A

#10 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (6142 posts) - - Show Bio

Scott Snyder and Jim Lee should both quit Superman Unchained, Justice League, and Batman to make this.

#11 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

DC comics proudly presents: ALFRED UNCHAINED

#13 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6142 posts) - - Show Bio

@martyyy15: No one can beat Alfred when it comes to Britishness. He's the Goddamn Bat-ler. (Butler, Batler? huh? Nothing? Ok then)

#14 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6142 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Edited by OmniBeast (475 posts) - - Show Bio

@omnibeast: Alfred vs galactus O_o

Please. Galactus would have to conquer 69 universes to even have a thought of Alfred. Let alone be seen by him or be anywhere near his presence. Alfred could twitch his pupil and Galactus would suffer the pain of 10 trillion painful, excruciating, unforgiving, and maniacal deaths in an instant, and that would be Alfred being generous.

#16 Edited by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@rulerofthisuniverse: good sir are you daft or somethimg? Dint you know who I am? Im the blasted Alfred. And haha I thought it was a good title, I even have a cover, but om tablet so cant post link. But can give link http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=s-TgUcXkLfjI4AOm6ICwAQ&q=new+52+alfred+comic+deviantart&oq=new+52+alfred+comic+deviantart&gs_l=img.3...19678.22493.0.22818.11.11.0.0.0.0.124.833.10j1.11.0....0...1c.1.19.img.qnKmAILXvh0&biw=600&bih=1024&sei=zeTgUeeLKNfJ4AOerYGgAg#biv=i%7C98%3Bd%7CZseM75sA2xCrOM%3A

#17 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6142 posts) - - Show Bio

Good sir, may I ask if you are daft? Were you not aware of my position? To inform you, I am often known as the blasted Alfred.

ALFRED UNCHAINED!!!! BUY IT NOW!!!!!

#19 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Edited by batmannflash (6191 posts) - - Show Bio

@rulerofthisuniverse: lol you just made a terrible line into an epic one. Alfred Unchained!

But srsly, i would check that out. see his early days where he one shots the Spectre and Phantom Stranger at the same time. And then he punches so hard that he ends up in Marvel and steps on Galactus so hard that his corpse ends up in our universe.

#21 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@rulerofthisuniverse: copy and paste my link to see the cover of issue 1. On tablet so cant post direct link

#22 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Edited by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2213 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd read it.

#24 Posted by dyslexicspeller (10 posts) - - Show Bio

I WOULD READ THE HELL OUT OF A ALFRED SOLO! HIM DOING LAUNDRY OR MAKING TEA! ANYTHING! DC should make them backups in issues.

#25 Posted by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

Scott Snyder and Jim Lee should both quit Superman Unchained, Justice League, and Batman to make this.

DC comics proudly presents: ALFRED UNCHAINED

I WOULD READ THE HELL OUT OF A ALFRED SOLO! HIM DOING LAUNDRY OR MAKING TEA! ANYTHING! DC should make them backups in issues.

All of this. DC make it happen, NOW!

#26 Edited by kgb725 (5945 posts) - - Show Bio

Alfred is going to put on the cowl

#27 Posted by CrazyScarecrow (1197 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe they'll do an Alfred one shot. They are doing one for Lois Lane and the Joker's Daughter so I don't see why they can't do one for Alfred.

#28 Posted by LyraFay (2473 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, make Alfred one-shot, this shouldn't be a joke, this should happen!

#29 Posted by Alak (925 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread is lulz. Seriously, though, I'd pay to read this.

#30 Posted by M3th (2042 posts) - - Show Bio

No Mames!

June'sVeryOwn

#31 Posted by jloneblackheart (5496 posts) - - Show Bio

You know everyone would read an Alfred book in his younger days with British intelligence. BAMF

#32 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11127 posts) - - Show Bio

It's #1 issue would be DC's highest selling book of all time, higher than the death of Superman, which I believe is DC's highest selling issue..

#33 Posted by Dr_Harlequin (475 posts) - - Show Bio

This is stupid.

It should be Alfred/Superman

#34 Posted by longbowhunter (6778 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it when Alfred gets an expanded role. Back during R.I.P. he was running the Outsiders and I thought that was a great idea. I'm all for Alfred getting the spotlight.

#35 Posted by redleader1 (469 posts) - - Show Bio

@dyslexicspeller: issue 10 Alfred vs running out of toilet paper in the upstairs second washroom. I can see it now. Alfred running in the halls carrying tea while talons attack it would be great.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.