How is Comic Alfred compared to Caine's Alfred?

#1 Edited by comicdude23 (11331 posts) - - Show Bio

When I did read Batman comics pre-Batman Begins, I never got a strong sense from him. Alfred was just, ''there'', that was it. But in TDKR, he goes as far to try and stop him and eventually leaving him. I don't know why, but Caine put so much depth into him, I felt a strong character. How is he compared in the comics to the Nolan movies?

#2 Posted by SoA (5241 posts) - - Show Bio

alfred is batman's medic , assistant , getaway driver,mentor , etc

#3 Posted by comicdude23 (11331 posts) - - Show Bio

@SoA: But how is he in COMPARISON to Nolan's movies?

#4 Posted by SoA (5241 posts) - - Show Bio

by not being michael caine , thats a A+ in my book. i never saw alfred as just being there but if you seek melodramtic then stick with the nolan movies

#5 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

@SoA said:

alfred is batman's medic , assistant , getaway driver,mentor , etc

mmmm

#6 Posted by seydamet (1 posts) - - Show Bio

yes

#7 Edited by ULTRAstarkiller (6444 posts) - - Show Bio

Alfred was a cry baby not that the acting or his character was bad it was the movie, but I dont ever remember Bruce being begged not to be Batman in the comics.

#8 Posted by RustyRoy (13827 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't compare Comic Alfred and Caine's Alfred, they are very different. I like both Alfreds. Caine's Alfred was very emotional (which is good) and he did have a larger and more important role than previous movie Alfred. His portrayal of Alfred is the best in popular media. The comic Alfred is more like Bruce. They do not show much emotions but they do care about each other. They don't talk too much but still understand each other. Both Alfreds are great though.

#9 Posted by Onemoreposter (4099 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicdude23: Comic Alfred is much more badass. He's an ex-spy and thespian. He's

@soa said:

...... batman's medic , assistant , getaway driver,mentor , etc.

He also dreams nightly about blowing the Joker to bits with a shotgun.

#10 Posted by SoA (5241 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Edited by Onemoreposter (4099 posts) - - Show Bio

@soa: um, not really........lol......

#12 Edited by SoA (5241 posts) - - Show Bio

@onemoreposter: c'mon homicidal clowns are the new zombies! give it a couple years ., people will catch on lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.