Follow

Alfred Pennyworth

Character » Alfred Pennyworth appears in 5528 issues.

Alfred Pennyworth is Bruce Wayne's loyal father figure and butler. Alfred raised Bruce (and later Dick Grayson) after the death of the Waynes. A former British secret agent, Alfred is a skilled surgeon who often treats members of the Bat-Family.

Guess not only Batman is going to "R.I.P"

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Nighthunter

Batman number 682
    Batman number 682

Written by Grant Morrison
    Art by Lee Garbett
    Cover by Alex Ross
    Variant cover by Tony Daniel
    Two issues of BATMAN in one month! Now that “Batman R.I.P.” has concluded, the aftermath begins! If you thought mastermind writer Grant Morrison surprised you with “R.I.P.”, just wait until you see what he has planned for this retrospective story. In his last hours, Alfred the Butler tells the life story of the Batman as you've never seen it before in this two-part adventure which bridges the gap between the events of “Batman R.I.P.” and FINAL CRISIS. Learn the secrets of Batman's early years! Witness the nightmare of a Gotham City where Batman never existed!
    Retailers please note: This issue will ship with two covers. For every 25 copies of the Standard Edition (with a cover by Alex Ross), retailers may order one copy of the Variant Edition (with a cover by Tony Daniel). Please see the Previews Order Form for more information.
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By John Valentine

NO!

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Nighthunter

Is it me or is DC now obsessed with killing "the father figures"?

Damn it, Alfred is my favorite "not hero, supporting character" ever

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By John Valentine
    Nighthunter said:
    "Is it me or is DC now obsessed with killing "the father figures"?

Damn it, Alfred is my favorite "not hero, supporting character" ever"
    Well.... I wonder if he's Bruce's daddy?
    Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Nighthunter
    John Valentine said:
    "Nighthunter said:

Well.... I wonder if he's Bruce's daddy?"
    spoilers alert

with the discovery that Martha wayne and Alfred may have been lovers...it's a posibility
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By John Valentine
    Nighthunter said:
    "John Valentine said:
    "Nighthunter said:

spoilers alert

with the discovery that Martha wayne and Alfred may have been lovers...it's a posibility"
    OMG and he may not actually be English! DUH DUH DUH! He may be an actor!
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By The_Martian
    Nighthunter said:
    "John Valentine said:
    "Nighthunter said:

spoilers alert

with the discovery that Martha wayne and Alfred may have been lovers...it's a posibility"
    What!
    Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Nighthunter
    Nobody said:
    "Nighthunter said:
    "John Valentine said:
    "Nighthunter said:

spoilers alert

What!"

Batman R.I.P

told you that there were spoilers :P
    Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By Darkchild
    Nighthunter said:
    "

Batman number 682
    Batman number 682

Written by Grant Morrison
    Art by Lee Garbett
    Cover by Alex Ross
    Variant cover by Tony Daniel
    Two issues of BATMAN in one month! Now that “Batman R.I.P.” has concluded, the aftermath begins! If you thought mastermind writer Grant Morrison surprised you with “R.I.P.”, just wait until you see what he has planned for this retrospective story. In his last hours, Alfred the Butler tells the life story of the Batman as you've never seen it before in this two-part adventure which bridges the gap between the events of “Batman R.I.P.” and FINAL CRISIS. Learn the secrets of Batman's early years! Witness the nightmare of a Gotham City where Batman never existed!
    Retailers please note: This issue will ship with two covers. For every 25 copies of the Standard Edition (with a cover by Alex Ross), retailers may order one copy of the Variant Edition (with a cover by Tony Daniel). Please see the Previews Order Form for more information."
    Oh no so sad?

Looks at sebas

Happy now?
    lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By lordraiden
    Nighthunter said:
    "John Valentine said:
    "Nighthunter said:

spoilers alert

I believe that would ruin Batman as a character and in generall, and degrade it into the likes of Bold and the Beautiful soapie! Batman is built on his upbringing from his parents and his love for them, take that away, and you take away the Batman!
    cpt_linger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By cpt_linger

The Life of Alfred Pennyworth

1:1 - Childhood

A young chubby boy, Alfred Pennyworth was born and grew up in a small town about 13.295 miles north south south east of Liverpool, England. He suffered many difficulties growing up, including being overweight, he had a drunk of a father who would often beat on his mother, who occasionally enjoyed cross-dressing as a male and intimidating military troops. Hating his father, young Alfred often turned to his mother for guidance and leadership, which is why at such a young age he was influenced to join the army. Having seen so many young troops in and out of their small 1/2 bedroom house, it was programmed in Alfred's mind that the military makes his mother happy.

1:2 - Teen Years

At 18 Alfred had joined the British reserves, however having joined in 1945, he wasn't really reserved and sent straight into the German front. After spending months in the trenches and enduring weeks without good food or clean filtered tap water and having witnessed the suicides of fellow soldiers, Alfred decided to create a boardgame called Monopoly. They based the "Monopoly Guy" character off moments when Alfred's comrads would get on the "green" and dress Alfred in a monicle and top had. After 3 years of service and 2 Medal of Honours, Alfred climbed up the ranks quicky and found himself in working for British Intelligence by 1949.

1:3 - The Glory Days

After serving 30 years in British Intelligence 1969 had fell upon him, he had aged yed wisdom had grown upon him and he was one of the most respected members of British Intelligence. Years serving 00 agents with their gadgetry and weapons under the Alias "Q". He soon found himself being forced from behind his desk and back out into the battlefeid serving in the Vietnam war. He found himself serving as a Feild Marshal for the entire British Militia. Having rescued several comrads of multiple nations he was awarded another medal of honour for his 2 years service in the Vietnam war.

2:1 - A New Life

During the Vietnam war, Alfred had made connections with agents and governing bodies of the American Government was suaded to open office in Washington D.C. The year is now 1984 and Alfred Pennyworth is reprenting British Intelligence working out of Pentagon. His wife of 11 years, Le Nyugen and 2 sons Jackie and Chan lived with him in his large $300,000US home (1984) driving a Escalade to work. Alfred was later again called to served in the Gulf War. His connections with the American government allowed the real reason for Iraq's invasion was not only for the oil, but a secret mystical Prophecy of the chosen one's guardian.

2:2 - The Prophecy

Legend tells that the ancient scroll can only be opened and read by the chosen one chosen to guard the chosen one. It also tells that the chosen one's name will be symbolized through the gain of wealth from oil after Iraq's Invasion... Wayne. in 1985Iraq was invaded, a scroll was obtained and Trillions of dollars worth of oil was reaped from the ground, the man to profit was Dr. Thomas Wayne and from this profit was able to establish Wayne Enterprise. The scroll was obtained by Alfred and it turns out he is the chosen one to guard the chosen one because he opened the scroll and read it.

3:3 - Forfilling the Prophecy

It was then decided by the World Governing Order (Secret Underground Government Agency that really knows whats going on) that Alfred would be apointed as the butler for Wayne Manor, as it was clear their only child Bruce was the chosen one chosen to protect Gotham, which is where Alfred now lives... in Wanye Manor.

4:1 - The Legend Begins

25 Years had passed and young Bruce Wayne had now become a man. Alfred's mission had become a success as Bruce became Batman and succesfully protected Gotham from all the bad guys.

I got tired if anyone wants to ad anything feel free...

Ultimate Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ultimate Ronin

awesomely done man. haha new favorite DC character for me in alfred pennyworth

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.