Follow

Alfred Pennyworth

Character » Alfred Pennyworth appears in 5528 issues.

Alfred Pennyworth is Bruce Wayne's loyal father figure and butler. Alfred raised Bruce (and later Dick Grayson) after the death of the Waynes. A former British secret agent, Alfred is a skilled surgeon who often treats members of the Bat-Family.

Alfred in Batman: Earth One

Avatar image for eisforextinction
    EisforExtinction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By EisforExtinction

In the new Batman: Earth One written by Geoff Johns and drawn by Gary Frank coming out next year this is the Alfred you can expect:

BAD IDEA!
    BAD IDEA!

The series seems to be like an Ultimate Batman but still this does not please me.
    Avatar image for eisforextinction
    EisforExtinction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By EisforExtinction
    @Portrait: I believe it is. Here is the info.
    johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By johnny_spam

@EisforExtinction said:

The series seems to be like an Ultimate Batman but still this does not please me."

In the old Batman history Alfred came into Batman's service when he was an adult. It was when Batman Year One came into being that he was a father figure to Bruce. After looking at this tougher looking Alfred I think they might go that root instead of the fatherly take. I don't like calling it  the DCU Ultimate line the Ultimate line has much more titles and even mini series these are a series of one shot graphic novels.  Beside DC has had out of continuity stories before the old Multiverse the  "Imaginary stories" the elseworlds this looks like just a return of that. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.