Follow

Alex Mercer

Character » Alex Mercer appears in 11 issues.

Alex J Mercer is a shape shifter trying to find out who and what he is, he battles the infected and an elite Biological force Blackwatch to recover his memories.

There are two Alex Mercers

Avatar image for monsterobsessor
    MonsterObsessor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

Edited By MonsterObsessor

While playing Prototype, the truth is revealed that the player character isn't really Alex Mercer at all, but it's the virus who begins to have a conscience. It turns out the real Alex works for Gentek, and has no empathy. When Blackwatch is after him, he took a sample of the virus he created, and gets cornered at Penn Station. He unleashes the virus before he dies by Blackwatch. The virus then take over his corpse and becomes him.

Are you aware of this fact?

Avatar image for reversenegative
    ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By ReverseNegative
    Avatar image for monsterobsessor
    MonsterObsessor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By MonsterObsessor

So which Alex Mercer you'll cheer for?

For me, although I like the Blacklight Virus posing as Alex, I really like the human Alex, who is a complete monster of not only turning an already deadly virus into 10x deadlier, and unleashing it to New York City out of spite.

Avatar image for ioniccolemacgrath
    IonicColeMacGrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By IonicColeMacGrath

In the game the virus takes on Alex's Codename "ZEUS" if anyone knows that :P

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.