Follow

Alec Holland

Character » Alec Holland appears in 379 issues.

Once a great scientist, Alec Holland died in a remote swamp, where the original Swamp Thing rose from the water with his memories, believing it was Holland. Now, Holland has returned to the world of the living, and has truly become the Swamp Thing, a warrior and protector of swamps around the world.

How Does Swamp Thing Work?

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kallarkz

Ok. So I have finally caught up with Animal Man and I especially loved the last issue. I'm glad that they added that twist to his abilities which really distinguishes him

Now I want to get into Swamp Thing.

How does his abilities work? Can he shapeshift into the swamp thing and then back to human form or is he always stuck like that?

Also, does he always have to live near green area or in a swamp or could he live in a normal city, see crime, swamp man out, and return back to life?

Completely new to his character but before I purchase a ton of back issues I would like to know just a little about how he works.

Thanks all.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Right now in the New 52 he is stuck like that.

He can travel to areas without green but his powers is severly limited since they mostly work through manipulating green around him, all he would be able to use is his body, if it's destroyed he would have to recreate himself somewhere else through some type of vegetation.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Right now in the New 52 he is stuck like that.

He can travel to areas without green but his powers is severly limited since they mostly work through manipulating green around him, all he would be able to use is his body, if it's destroyed he would have to recreate himself somewhere else through some type of vegetation.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.