Follow

Alanna Strange

Character » Alanna Strange appears in 363 issues.

Wife of Adam Strange and resident of Rann. Current member of the Canadian super-team known as Justice League United.

Alanna Strange, Warrior of Rann

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

Edited By RazzaTazz

I was reading through a bit of old DC comics on the weekend (Mystery in Space) as well as some newer Dejah Thoris comics, then I noticed a thread in the forums asking what people's opinions are for the next wave of the new 52.  It occurred to me as it has in the past that a lot of what DC has been doing is to cover off lost genres which have not really been touched upon recently, as well as maybe copying some other popular genres as of late (as Sword of Sorcery might be copying the premise of Wonderland even though Amethyst is older.)  Anyway the combination of it all kind of gave me the idea of a potential future world of reinventing the Strange (Adam and Alanna) except in a more gritty Burroughs like  setting, as opposed to the somewhat blank slate that they have generally had on Rann.  This is purely speculative, but it would be nice to see the return of DC to a cosmic setting, and although the success of Dejah Thoris (or John Carter) is nothing to aspire to perhaps, the two series are still doing relatively well despite being independent titles.  Anyway it was just a thought, as one of DC's silver age damsels-in-distress could be brought back in a much more obvious role.  

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By Delphic

That would be kind of interesting. To have something cosmic related in DC that is not tied in with any of the lanterns.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#2  Edited By RazzaTazz
    @Delphic: There used to be a lot more, it would be good to incorporate more in, though Hawkman seems to be going the cosmic route, as did Voodoo before they canceled it.  
    JSH92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By JSH92

I wouldn't be surprised if they showed up in the upcoming New 52 Threshold title. It's about cosmic/sci-fi heroes and villains.

cosmo111687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By cosmo111687

I'm in favour. :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.