What does everyone think of Alan Scott's Earth 2 costume?

#1 Posted by LightningTiger2190 (106 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the outfit is very awkward looking because of it being entirely gree. I feel they need to go back to the original design from the Cover of Issue 3 or change the color scheme to to green and black. The area where the collar bone and shoulders are would be green along with bracers and boots. The rest of the suit would be black. I feel right now he looks like a Peter Pan that grew up accidentally.

#2 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

More color, but no black. At least it sets him apart from Earth-0's Lanterns. And a cape would be sweet.

#3 Posted by LightningTiger2190 (106 posts) - - Show Bio

@KnightRise said:

More color, but no black. At least it sets him apart from Earth-0's Lanterns. And a cape would be sweet.

What other colors do you think would be a good fit? I feel if it is all green at least use different shades of green. Imagine if Batman was all black.

#4 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

@LightningTiger2190: maybe white or different shades of green/ mixtures of green

#5 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@LightningTiger2190 said:

@KnightRise said:

More color, but no black. At least it sets him apart from Earth-0's Lanterns. And a cape would be sweet.

What other colors do you think would be a good fit? I feel if it is all green at least use different shades of green. Imagine if Batman was all black.

Looks like slightly different shades of green to me; parts of it have sheen. I would have been cool to me if the top of his armor was oft-red and the bottom was blue-green, with the green armor looking parts and a dark purple cape with green highlights, like maybe his costume was influenced by what he wore when he first got his powers (If he were drawn wearing those colors before hand). Plus, it would look more famillar to JSA the top of Alan Scott fans.

#6 Posted by LightningTiger2190 (106 posts) - - Show Bio

@KnightRise said:

@LightningTiger2190 said:

@KnightRise said:

More color, but no black. At least it sets him apart from Earth-0's Lanterns. And a cape would be sweet.

What other colors do you think would be a good fit? I feel if it is all green at least use different shades of green. Imagine if Batman was all black.

Looks like slightly different shades of green to me; parts of it have sheen. I would have been cool to me if the top of his armor was oft-red and the bottom was blue-green, with the green armor looking parts and a dark purple cape with green highlights, like maybe his costume was influenced by what he wore when he first got his powers (If he were drawn wearing those colors before hand). Plus, it would look more famillar to JSA the top of Alan Scott fans.

I like those ideas. I think the reason for the complete green is because the designer was inspired by the kingdom come armor and decided it would be as coo if it was in a more tight like form.

#7 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@LightningTiger2190 said:

@KnightRise said:

@LightningTiger2190 said:

@KnightRise said:

More color, but no black. At least it sets him apart from Earth-0's Lanterns. And a cape would be sweet.

What other colors do you think would be a good fit? I feel if it is all green at least use different shades of green. Imagine if Batman was all black.

Looks like slightly different shades of green to me; parts of it have sheen. I would have been cool to me if the top of his armor was oft-red and the bottom was blue-green, with the green armor looking parts and a dark purple cape with green highlights, like maybe his costume was influenced by what he wore when he first got his powers (If he were drawn wearing those colors before hand). Plus, it would look more famillar to JSA the top of Alan Scott fans.

I like those ideas. I think the reason for the complete green is because the designer was inspired by the kingdom come armor and decided it would be as coo if it was in a more tight like form.

The KC armor was pretty cool. I've seen either concept or fan art for Earth-2 issue 3 that looks like it but green and purple, which again, I would be ok with. I'm just a fan of when existing costumes are made more pratical and updated lol. I think the old costumes that looked like clothes only worked in the Golden age.

How'd you like Jay Garrick's new costume? Personally I love it; its unique and streamlined and I can tell that its obviously Jay.

#8 Posted by LightningTiger2190 (106 posts) - - Show Bio

@KnightRise said:

@LightningTiger2190 said:

@KnightRise said:

@LightningTiger2190 said:

@KnightRise said:

More color, but no black. At least it sets him apart from Earth-0's Lanterns. And a cape would be sweet.

What other colors do you think would be a good fit? I feel if it is all green at least use different shades of green. Imagine if Batman was all black.

Looks like slightly different shades of green to me; parts of it have sheen. I would have been cool to me if the top of his armor was oft-red and the bottom was blue-green, with the green armor looking parts and a dark purple cape with green highlights, like maybe his costume was influenced by what he wore when he first got his powers (If he were drawn wearing those colors before hand). Plus, it would look more famillar to JSA the top of Alan Scott fans.

I like those ideas. I think the reason for the complete green is because the designer was inspired by the kingdom come armor and decided it would be as coo if it was in a more tight like form.

The KC armor was pretty cool. I've seen either concept or fan art for Earth-2 issue 3 that looks like it but green and purple, which again, I would be ok with. I'm just a fan of when existing costumes are made more pratical and updated lol. I think the old costumes that looked like clothes only worked in the Golden age.

How'd you like Jay Garrick's new costume? Personally I love it; its unique and streamlined and I can tell that its obviously Jay.

: I like Jay's costume tge most so far. it isn't and altered earth zero flash costume and has an interesting look. I like that it isn't spandex like but more akin to leather. He looks more protected than the classic jay. The worst parties tge helmet but even then it isn't that bad and it was probably necessary.

#9 Posted by noj (1084 posts) - - Show Bio

His costume is alright but would SERIOUSLY benefit from a cape

#10 Posted by Dernman (15072 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh I thought it was going to be something different. There were other versions that I prefer.

#11 Edited by The_Tree (7446 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like it to look more like it does in this fan image:

By Michael “Mic” Magtanong

But with a cape, with green being the outside color of the cape, and black being the inside color.

#12 Edited by LightningTiger2190 (106 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Tree said:

I'd like it to look more like it does in this fan image:

But with a cape, with green being the outside color of the cape, and black being the inside color.

I agree. I personally think that green and black go well together. Although I'm Iffy on the cape. I would have to see it on the costume to make a final judgement.

This design is similar to the one you posted. I like this one the best. A cape wouldn't be bad now that i think about it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.