Follow

Alan Scott

Character » Alan Scott appears in 2027 issues.

Alan Scott, the bearer of the mystical Starheart, is the original Golden Age Green Lantern and a founding member of the Justice Society of America. An all-time great, Alan continues to fight for truth, justice and freedom well into old age as a member of the Justice Society. He has now been introduced as an iconic gay character in DC's new reboot, Infinite Frontier.

Alan Scott's son may come back?

Redberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Redberry

James Robinson said he would introduce another gay character later on in the series. I have a feeling that it would be his son? Alan himself already has a boyfriend, so it couldn't be his lover.

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2012/06/alan-scott-wont-be-the-only-gay-character-in-earth-2/

Katie24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Katie24

Maybe. Hopefully Earth 2 #2 will have some hints or something. Let the speculation begin! :P

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By ReVamp

He won't have a son. At least not yet. Robinson himself stated he was too young.

Redberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Redberry

@ReVamp said:

He won't have a son. At least not yet. Robinson himself stated he was too young.

I kinda expect some kind of time travel. It has happened before with some characters in comic, at least that's what I hope. This is just my speculation anyway.

rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By rav4

I feel like a second gay character showing up would be female, just to balance things off between genders since you already have Alan Scott and his boyfriend in there. I recall reading that if Jade and Obsidian were to appear in the future that they wouldn't be the same as they were, and wouldn't be for quite a long time. But who knows, I could wrong.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ReVamp

@Redberry said:

@ReVamp said:

I kinda expect some kind of time travel. It has happened before with some characters in comic, at least that's what I hope. This is just my speculation anyway.

Ala Rachel Grey? I guess its possible.

Redberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Redberry

Since Comicvine will interview him this Friday. I want them to ask if the gay character is related to Alan Scott.

Skunkstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Skunkstein

Both Alan Scott and his son being gay? That seems... strange, i dont think they will going that way.

I hope they turn Wonder Woman and Power Girl gay... he, he, he, he...

Redberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Redberry

@Skunkstein said:

Both Alan Scott and his son being gay? That seems... strange, i dont think they will going that way.

Power Girl is now in Earth Prime. Wonder Woman is dead already.

Skunkstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Skunkstein

@Redberry said:

@Skunkstein said:

Power Girl is now in Earth Prime. Wonder Woman is dead already.

Yes, i know... but i wasnt actually serious, i was trying to make an implication, damnit!

lady_toyano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By lady_toyano

Or, or, or, what if its a new love interest for Allen that is also a hero bc Sam dies?

Redberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Redberry

@lady_toyano said:

Or, or, or, what if its a new love interest for Allen that is also a hero bc Sam dies?

lol, this thread was made before the second issue was released. I know now that it's gonna be his new love interest since his current boyfriend explode just to get away from him. :p

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By dernman

First there was Women in a Refrigerator now we have Men on a train. :p 

It won't be Obsidian James already stated although he has plans for how he would like for him to return it won't be for a long time. Besides I think it was him who said it would send a bad message if he was gay also. Like it was hereditary or something. I'm not sure if it was him who said the second part even though it was said by someone.

Redberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Redberry

@Dernman said:

It won't be Obsidian James already stated although he has plans for how he would like for him to return it won't be for a long time. Besides I think it was him who said it would send a bad message if he was gay also. Like it was hereditary or something. I'm not sure if it was him who said the second part even though it was said by someone.

I read all of his recent interviews, and I don't think he makes any comment about Obsidian not being gay. I don't know if they will make Obsidian straight since there are so few gay comic book characters in comparison to the straight ones. There would be some kinds of outrage similar to Alan, but maybe a bit more since Obsidian is a minority characcter. I'm still a bit confused though. Didn't Alan Scott debut in the main Earth? I haven't read the Golden Age comic yet, so I'm not sure, but if he is, it does leave DC's leeway to make Alan straight by debuting him again in Earth prime. It would be so much of a cop-out. I would prefer for each character to be unique, especially if they have their own book like Jay and Alan in Earth-2. Different incarnations in alternative universe is fine, as long as they're not official.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By dernman
    @Redberry said:

@Dernman said:

It won't be Obsidian James already stated although he has plans for how he would like for him to return it won't be for a long time. Besides I think it was him who said it would send a bad message if he was gay also. Like it was hereditary or something. I'm not sure if it was him who said the second part even though it was said by someone.

I read all of his recent interviews, and I don't think he makes any comment about Obsidian not being gay. I don't know if they will make Obsidian straight since there are so few gay comic book characters in comparison to the straight ones. There would be some kinds of outrage similar to Alan, but maybe a bit more since Obsidian is a minority characcter. I'm still a bit confused though. Didn't Alan Scott debut in the main Earth? I haven't read the Golden Age comic yet, so I'm not sure, but if he is, it does leave DC's leeway to make Alan straight by debuting him again in Earth prime. It would be so much of a cop-out. I would prefer for each character to be unique, especially if they have their own book like Jay and Alan in Earth-2. Different incarnations in alternative universe is fine, as long as they're not official.

He stated that DC does not want any more duel characters then they already have in the Podcast.
    TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

#16  Edited By TDK_1997

I think the second gay character may be Hawkgirl.

Redberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Redberry

@Dernman said:

@Redberry said:

@Dernman said:

He stated that DC does not want any more duel characters then they already have in the Podcast.

Thanks. That was a relief. I'm not a big fan of alternative universe characters. I know a lot of people hate the reboot, I think the New-52 does help clean up a lot of messes with alternative universes. Even Wildstorm universe now exists in the same universe as Batman and Superman. I'm hoping to see Batman vs Midnighter soon. :D

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By dernman
    @Redberry said: 

Thanks. That was a relief. I'm not a big fan of alternative universe characters. I know a lot of people hate the reboot, I think the New-52 does help clean up a lot of messes with alternative universes. Even Wildstorm universe now exists in the same universe as Batman and Superman. I'm hoping to see Batman vs Midnighter soon. :D

They had a nod to that when holo of Batman showed up in a simulator when Midnighter was training. There was a scene in Deathstroke that makes me want them to develop a long standing rivalry between Slade and Midnighter.
    Redberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Redberry

@Dernman said:

@Redberry said:

They had a nod to that when holo of Batman showed up in a simulator when Midnighter was training. There was a scene in Deathstroke that makes me want them to develop a long standing rivalry between Slade and Midnighter.

I think a good crossover between Justice League and Stormwatch would be good. Midnighter vs Batman, Martian Manhunter vs Flash, Superman vs Apollo, Mechanic vs Green Lantern. Regardless of the outcome, Jenny Quatum would destroy them all. lol. I'm not sure if Midnighter and Deathstroke would be able to fight since Deathstroke's sales number indicates that it may get cancelled soon. :( . Based on Midnighter's ability, he would win, but since this is the world of comic, I would hope to see they drag out the fight a bit longer.

lady_toyano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By lady_toyano

@Redberry: I don't read/get my comics till Saturday and try to avoid looking at previous like the plague, so I just found out yesterday, but now i'm thinking maybe not so much...

Hatutzeraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Hatutzeraze

@ReVamp said:

@Redberry said:

Ala Rachel Grey? I guess its possible.

Ugh. Those kinds of stories are the reasons I am not a fan of the X-Men. I sincerely hope they don't do that.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.