Alan Scott

#1 Posted by Scarecrow4 (480 posts) - - Show Bio

Is Alan Scott in Blackest Night and should he be?  I would love to see him resolve the whole situation...What do you folks think?

#2 Posted by EisforExtinction (1909 posts) - - Show Bio

It think Geoff Johns said he was in the Blackest Night panel at ComicCon. The podcast is available on the DC Comics website.

#3 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure that I see that happening but I'd like to see him at some point.

#4 Posted by Scarecrow4 (480 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like Alan Scott he's just a little different from all the other green lanterns...I think I got hooked on him during Kingdom Come

#5 Posted by burr787 (2504 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt he's going to be involved in the war of light but I bet he's going to get plenty of screen time since his dead daughter was dating Kyle Rayner. I like him too, he was the coolest character in Checkmate.

#6 Posted by Mar-Vell Liberation Front (318 posts) - - Show Bio

A returning Mar-Vell could play an interesting role in Geoff's work in the Black Lanterns, if Marvel and DC traded Captain Marvels.
It's obvious at this point neither company's treatment of the characters are rightly executed.

#7 Posted by Rorschach's Ghost (32 posts) - - Show Bio

Speaking of Alan Scott again, he is in Blackest Night. He tries to hold back some Black Lanterns and explains that his 'light powers' are 'different' from the other GL's. Personally I really liked him in Kindgom Come as well. After while all the super powered older heroes deserve to be elevated to a place of power.  The way they link him to the GLC is a stretch in my opinion. Its very complicated. 

In the Brightest Day promo we see a new logo that SEEMS like a White Lantern symbol. Assumptions are being made that Dove will be the figure in white light and therefore a White Lantern. If there's a White Lantern Corps, there would have to be more members... Though many don't agree, I'd like to see Alan Scott as a White Lantern in his Kingdom Come armor with the starheart augmented to emit white light by a white ring.. He'd litterally be a White Knight. He could finally be tied to a Corps officially and it'd be a great way to push him into a more Kingdom Come like role / power level.

#8 Posted by Leliel (1452 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rorschach's Ghost:  I completely approve of your idea White Knight armor excellent wish some writer use this

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.