When good Wiki goes bad!

Posted by ruckus24 (137 posts) - - Show Bio

OMFG I am so chapped right now. Somebody gutted the massively detailed Alan Moore creator page I spent days researching and compiling, and because of all the Wiki points I accrued my name is stuck to this horrific thing for all to see. I assure you all I had nothing to do with the current mess that's posted under the Alan Moore entry.

#1 Posted by Renchamp (2925 posts) - - Show Bio

That totally sucks. Not that it helps, but I try to save backups on my big projects in case this type of thing happens. You have my sympathy.

Moderator Online
#2 Posted by Spacey (169 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey, just so you know I rewrote that page. It was assigned as a wiki task because it was not formatted in accordance with the wiki style guide; the wiki style guide requires a brief description of the creator's career and a brief description of their personal life. I rewrote it to make it shorter, but I did do my best to incorporate the information you'd taken the time to research and post. I'm really sorry if this offended you in any way.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.