Oh no what is this happing ?

#1 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (1254 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't beleve this. DC made Al Pratt the new Atom-Smasher. That means DC wont bring back the other Atom Smasher. This suck.

#2 Posted by Izaiah (5199 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope you got it wrong, Al Pratt of DCnU's Earth-2 is still just 'The Atom'.

#3 Posted by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

He's not the Atom Smasher... he's just the Atom.

#4 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (1254 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ravager4 said:

He's not the Atom Smasher... he's just the Atom.

Well he looks like it to me..

#5 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (1254 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey I forgot to ask. Why is Al Pratt called The Atom ? He dose not shrink like Ray Palmer. Now that he grows like Atom Smasher DC should call him Colossal Man, Powerhouse or Something like that ?

#6 Posted by hectorsquall (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kid_Omega_Prime: That's not really surprising. Robinson made Alan Scott gay because his son was gay Pre-Flashpoint and now he gave Al Pratt his godson's powers.

I think he's still called The Atom only because it was his original codename though it doesn't really matter at this point. It might suck for Atom Smasher fans but it shouldn't stop you from enjoying this great series.

#7 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13190 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do the solicits keep referring to him as the New Atom-Smasher

#8 Posted by TDK_1997 (14896 posts) - - Show Bio

Well he is appearing in Earth 2 so that means that we can still have Atom Smasher in the main DC universe.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.