David Tennant to Guest Star on 'Star Wars: The Clone Wars'

Posted by G-Man (33891 posts) - - Show Bio

David Tennant may be best known to many as the tenth Doctor on Doctor Who. He is now set to dabble in another universe, the Star Wars Universe. On this weekend's episode, airing Saturday, November 10th at 9:30 a.m. ET/PT on Cartoon Network, Tennant makes his Star Wars: The Clone Wars debut. The episode is entitled "A Test of Strength."

Tennant will voice the character Huyang, a droid who gets involved with a group of young Jedi who were about to build their first lightsabers in last week's episode. Tennant will appear in the series for the next two episodes, "Bound for Rescue" and "A Necessary Strength."

Supervising director Dave Filoni made the following statment:

When I heard the Doctor himself, David Tennant, was a fan of Star Wars I knew I had to find a way to get in contact with him to see if he would perform on Star Wars: The Clone Wars. The result was ‘Huyang,’ an ancient droid in the service of the Jedi Order, whose sole task in life has been overseeing the construction of lightsabers. I thought David was perfect for the part and he did not disappoint. He delivered a performance which impressed even the Master himself, George Lucas.
== TEASER ==

Here's a clip featuring Tennant as Huyang:

Staff
#1 Posted by Lvenger (19836 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Fricking. Way. This is so awesome beyond belief!

#2 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7816 posts) - - Show Bio

lol awesome

#3 Posted by Delphic (1470 posts) - - Show Bio

I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M GOING TO MISS THIS!!!! AAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!

#4 Posted by cmaprice (809 posts) - - Show Bio

Sonic Screwdriver lightsaber.

#5 Posted by k4tzm4n (43285 posts) - - Show Bio

Never watched Dr. Who, but I'm all for anything that'll make more people give this show a chance. :D 

Staff
#6 Posted by arnoldoaad (1007 posts) - - Show Bio

I can barely recognize his voice so its not that exciting

#7 Posted by NightFang (10046 posts) - - Show Bio

I wan't a Doctor Who/Star Wars crossover so bad.

#8 Posted by JonSmith (3996 posts) - - Show Bio

"A lightsaber is a Jedi's only true ally."

There you have it, ladies and gentlemen.

The Doctor says the Force does not support the Jedi.

GO SITH!

#9 Posted by judasnixon (6584 posts) - - Show Bio

God i can listen to David Tennant read the phone book, and think it's the most compelling thing.

#10 Posted by sentryman555 (771 posts) - - Show Bio

Now all we need is an Ood!

#11 Posted by longbowhunter (7077 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm of the belief a little David Tennant makes everything more enjoyable.

#12 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

This is awesome.

#13 Posted by Samimista (20711 posts) - - Show Bio

So funny. On a thread last week a few members and I were saying that Tennant would be perfect in the Star Wars universe. This is so awesome! /) ^3^ (\

#14 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Great stuff, but I thought Jedi traveled to Ilum to craft their lightsabers? Or is that just to get the crystal to make the plasma blade? Eh I mix up my facts so much I don't know any longer. Still, Tennant as Huyang is great!

#15 Posted by VagrantSaint (48 posts) - - Show Bio

Allons-y!!!!!

#16 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like this show, BUT I can see Mr. Tennant being a cool voice actor, BUT this still feels like it's just fan service of a sort, BUT the clip was cool... I'm half and half.

#17 Posted by Americanson (72 posts) - - Show Bio

Too bad it wasn't the doctor wasn't actually in it.

#18 Posted by StMichalofWilson (3817 posts) - - Show Bio

This is just awesome :)

#19 Posted by WizardofSmiles (37 posts) - - Show Bio

My buddy and I were talking about how the actors got to pick the color of their Lightsaber he asked what color I'd get.. after a few min I though a WHITE LS would be the most bad ass.. it'd be the brightest and would just look rad. Thoughts?

#20 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

@longbowhunter: It certainly doesn't hurt!

#21 Posted by KRYPTON (1891 posts) - - Show Bio

He certainly made the episode more EPIC

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.