Follow

Ahsoka Tano

Character » Ahsoka Tano appears in 79 issues.

Ahsoka Tano was the Jedi Padawan of Anakin Skywalker during the Clone Wars until she left the Jedi Order when she was wrongly accused as a criminal by the Jedi Council. Years later she would become a soldier of the Rebel Alliance and she fights against Darth Vader and Darth Vader's Inquisitors.

Ahsoka's In Trouble On Clone Wars After Losing Her Lightsaber

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

No Caption Provided

This Friday Cartoon Network will premiere the latest episode of Star Wars: The Clone Wars at 9:00 pm ET/PT.  In "Lightsaber Lost," Ahsoka faces a Jedi's biggest fear (or at least one of them), losing her lightsaber.  How does she lose it?  That's what could make this even worse for her.  She doesn't lose it during a battle or a chase.  It turns out a pickpocket steals it during a routine mission.  Ahsoka must then enlist the aid of an elderly Jedi Master to track down the slippery thief.  The chase will take her into the dark and seedy underbelly of Coruscant.  Ahsoka will soon face a threat unlike anything she's seen on the front lines.

Supervising Director Dave Filoni talks about the departure from the norm with this episode:

“To a certain extent, audiences are coming to expect the combat storylines from the series, but there’s a lot more to Star Wars than the war itself; I think this episode really resonates because it captures a particularly nostalgic aspect. We got to focus on aspects that don’t get as much screen time when we’re in the middle of a battle,” says Filoni. “It’s also interesting to look at the various influences on Ahsoka from a different perspective. She’s being trained by Anakin, who eventually becomes Darth Vader. It’s an interesting dynamic, because we don’t necessarily know what happens to her – except for the fact that she doesn’t appear in Episode III. Because we see her in these high-intensity situations, it’s easy to forget that she’s still a child and that she’s impressionable. She’s definitely still learning – from Anakin, but also from her own experiences, from her mistakes, from those around her. She’s making her own choices, deciding her own values. How that will affect her ultimate destiny remains to be seen. When we screened this episode for the crew, almost everyone ranked it among their favorites for the season; I think it’s because it stirs up some of those questions, and in a way that has a distinct Star Wars feel.” 

Here's a clip from the episode showing Ahsoka in hot pursuit.

HaHaManHV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By HaHaManHV

Hmmm, not often that we see Ahsoka shown-up like that, I look forward to this. And hopefully we can see them assemble a new lightsaber for her, because her current one is quite bland.

SUPER-MAN 23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 789

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By SUPER-MAN 23

Can't wait

drawme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By drawme

That´s some good stuff.

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4  Edited By FoxxFireArt

I can't really get into the show. Since the outcome of everything and one is pretty much set.

I do love the style of the animation. I actually wish they would stop trying to make live action comic book movies and instead use this style of animation to make movies based on comics. You wouldn't have to worry about finding an actor that looked right. Just make sure the voice actor is right.

This style, or the kind they had for Batman Arkham Asylum. I'd see a movie that looked like that.

Chane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Chane
    @FoxxFireArt:  
    I agree on both counts
    spartan177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By spartan177

Somebody is gonna get grounded.

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By EdwardWindsor

losing a lightsaber is an epic fail lol unless you lose the arm with it

NagolNuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NagolNuff

that's it i'm gonna dress like her for a con...how the heck i'm gonna make that head thingy i have no idea /./

spartan177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By spartan177

Like master, like padawan.

MrCipher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MrCipher

So is this gonna be straw that breaks the camel's back? Are we going to see Anakin continue his trend in kid killing by cutting her in half for losing the lightsaber? One can only hope..... 

DOES ANYONE WHO WATCHES THIS REALIZE THAT HE DID SOMETHING ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE IN THE MOVIE BEFORE THIS IS SUPPOSED TO TAKE PLACE? WHY IS HE BEING TREATED LIKE A CLEFT-CHIN HERO GOODY 2 SHOES?
    timrothsays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By timrothsays

Who cares?

Dipic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Dipic
    @timrothsays said:
    " Who cares? "
    People 1 million+ people who watch the show?

What a dumb question.
    LP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By LP
    @FoxxFireArt said:
    " I can't really get into the show. Since the outcome of everything and one is pretty much set.  I do love the style of the animation. I actually wish they would stop trying to make live action comic book movies and instead use this style of animation to make movies based on comics. You wouldn't have to worry about finding an actor that looked right. Just make sure the voice actor is right.  This style, or the kind they had for Batman Arkham Asylum. I'd see a movie that looked like that. "
    I felt the same way too, until I started watching the episodes... now I can't wait to get a new episode on, but as great as the show is to me, I am exhausted with the entire Clone Wars saga. Ironically (perhaps), I like the 2D Clone Wars style of animation more.
    FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FoxxFireArt
    @LP: 
    I also adored the art style of Samurai Jack that was used for the Clone Wars animation. They were far too short, but very entertaining.

I just can't find myself getting attached to these characters and really caring what happens to them since we already know the outcome.

I also take issue with having the series depict Anikin as some sort of hero to an audience of children. Seeing how he goes bad and slaughters the jedi and the children all for his own ideas that leads to the death of his love and nearly his own children. Basically a genocidal psychopath is being elevated to a hero to kids.
    Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Media_Master

That is one big screen!

LP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By LP
    @FoxxFireArt: Indeed they were too short. I can see where you're coming from with the whole Anakin turning to the dark side thing, but people often do forget that Anakin was a hero prior to his fall, and he was a hero during the Clone Wars. For me... that is what makes Anakin such an interesting character.
    FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By FoxxFireArt
    @LP: 
    Well, if this series was directed to a more mature audience I really wouldn't care. It's the fact they are having children look to Anakin as a hero. A hero they will also some to see betray justice and slaughter children. Not a positive role model there.
    LP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By LP
    @MrCipher said:
    " So is this gonna be straw that breaks the camel's back? Are we going to see Anakin continue his trend in kid killing by cutting her in half for losing the lightsaber? One can only hope.....  DOES ANYONE WHO WATCHES THIS REALIZE THAT HE DID SOMETHING ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE IN THE MOVIE BEFORE THIS IS SUPPOSED TO TAKE PLACE? WHY IS HE BEING TREATED LIKE A CLEFT-CHIN HERO GOODY 2 SHOES? "
    This show takes place before the Episode 3 movie... read up on Star Wars history before you hate.
    LP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By LP
    @Spartan 176 said:
    " Like master, like padawan. "
    LOL yep. 

@FoxxFireArt: But he's not supposed to be a role model, he's a tragic hero who returns to light side with the help of his son to defeat the Emperor together.
    MrCipher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MrCipher
    @LP:
    Uh I know it takes place before number 3. Anakin killed many INNOCENT women and children sand people in episode 2when he went back to find his mom and then cried all about it to Padme afterwards. I know my history quite well thanks....

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.