miss_garrick's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. #102 - 0–8–4 review

Improving character development, suprise guest star and much more!

This is from my blog earlier with a little more added in...

I just finished watching. I was right to give Ward a chance to become likable since he was a pill in the last episode. In this episode, his professionalism and intelligence help him to talk to the others better when things got tense. I really like it in a tv show when the characters use their brain to interact with others and don't do stereotypes.

I still like Fitz-Simmons, I think they're great and funny, but I guess I'm the only one.

It's still open whether Skye will be likable, but I'm keeping an open mind.

May didn't have much screen time, yet I liked what I saw.

Agent Coulson is still perfect hilarious amazing, no surprise there.

Nick Fury! That was awesome! He acted a bit more like Samuel L. Jackson than Nick Fury, but still awesome! "You've got a bar! A really nice one." I LOVE how there was a pinch of whining in that last sentence like he's jealous.

The only thing that I didn't like overall was how whenever Fitz was talking, Ward would say "In English". I kept thinking "He IS speaking English you dope, what you mean is 'dumb it down so I can understand you' Sheesh!" I get that not everybody watching can understand techno-babble, but in this day and age of electronics, I don't think we need to simplify it to layman's terms as much as say a show from the 70's had to. But that could be just me, I grew up with techno-babble, so I don't have a translation problem most of the time.

Based on just these two episodes, and unless they do something really crappy to Agent Coulson, I'm buying the dvd set ASAP!