See Adrianne Palicki as Bobbi Morse in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    Photo Credit: Kelsey McNeal/ABC
    Photo Credit: Kelsey McNeal/ABC

Entertainment Weekly revealed a first look at Adrianne Palicki as Bobbi Morse in the upcoming second season of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Before she can become Mockingbird, Morse has to become a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent as well as a few more changes. Fans were excited to hear this news, seeing as there aren't too many Marvel comics characters popping up in the show during the first season.

This is the first look at Morse, as she appears as the head of Hydra security in the episode titled "A Hen in the Wolf House." Morse will be a Hydra agent? Maybe she's undercover? There's been a ton of changes with how S.H.I.E.L.D. operates in the cinematic universe, after the events of Captain America: Winter Soldier, so maybe it's time for S.H.I.E.L.D. to infiltrate Hydra.

What do you guys think about Adrianne Palicki as Bobbi Morse? What do you think is going on in the scene?

Bobbi Morse will appear in the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. episode "A Hen in the Wolf House" on October 21st on ABC.

Source: EW

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
    TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Hey - it's Wonder Woman, look at Diana Prince... she's so adorable...

Oooh... wait.

- TAS

lagozzino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Oh, so they finally added a superhero from the comics to the show, and she's not gonna actually be a superhero.... well my enthuasiasm took a hit.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

It would seem logical that she infiltrated Hydra based on the episode name.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4 owie  Moderator

It may be shallow, but I feel like they ought to at least get the hair color right. It's not so hard.

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Oh, so they finally added a superhero from the comics to the show, and she's not gonna actually be a superhero.... well my enthuasiasm took a hit.

How do you know she won't become one?

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By Maddpanda531

@owie said:

It may be shallow, but I feel like they ought to at least get the hair color right. It's not so hard.

My very first reaction

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Just curious...in the comics Mockingbird hair colour is blonde right ? Or thus this means they don't want to confuse audience with Black Canary ?

leokearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

Hey - it's Wonder Woman, look at Diana Prince... she's so adorable...

Oooh... wait.

- TAS

She's missing the glasses to be Diana Prince

lagozzino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By lagozzino

@drellassassin said:

@lagozzino said:

How do you know she won't become one?

Oh, I'm assuming she will down the line, but when they announced "Mockingbird added to cast", I was hoping that they'd just add Mockingbird to the cast. Not every character needs an origin storyline and, with a character as simple as Mockingbird, they could have just had her show up one day as a hero associated with SHIELD or something.

Not saying its a hugely terrible problem, just saying I'm less enthusiastic about watching a storyline about Bobbi Morse than I was about seeing Mockingbird team up with our heroes right away.

leokearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Bobbi didn't start off as a hero in the comics, for a couple of years she was just an agent of SHIELD

lagozzino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@owie said:

The weird thing is that if you google her, you'll find more images of her as a blonde than as a brunette. Maybe she's just filming another role around the same time that requires her hair to be brown?

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
    StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 107

@owie said:

The weird thing is that if you google her, you'll find more images of her as a blonde than as a brunette. Maybe she's just filming another role around the same time that requires her hair to be brown?

Yeah that could be it.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#13 owie  Moderator

@lagozzino said:

@owie said:

Yeah that could be it.

Oh that's weird. I was only familiar with her from the Wonder Woman thing so I assumed she was a natural brunette. I guess that could be the answer.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

she looks like jessica Biel.

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

I'm not gonna lie, I'm kinda bummed she's not blonde. But, whatever, hair color isn't what defines a character. There are very few natural blondes in the world anyway. Bobbi in the comics probably has a dye job.

Numbuh1Nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A Hen in the Wolf House? Sounds like she's undercover. Here's hoping she makes it to big screen status so we can see her and Hawkeye together. I'm sure she'll go super, or at least Black Widow-level super.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@numbuh1nerd: I'm sure Jeremy Renner, a world class actor much rather prefer to work with some of the best actor/actress in world such as RDJ, Chris Evans, Scar Jo compare to actress Adrianne Palicki :)

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Ohhhhhhh nice!

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@owie said:

Agreed. If she doesn't have the iconic look then what's the point?

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@owie said:

So the looks of a character is the only point of having them there?

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Bl00dwerK

@bl00dwerk said:

@owie said:

If she doesn't look like Mockingbird just have her as another generic SHIELD agent. Would work just the same...

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

what happened to the blonde do she had in the pic everyone was using when she was cast? this show continues to disappoint

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drellassassin said:

@bl00dwerk said:

@owie said:

If she doesn't look like Mockingbird just have her as another generic SHIELD agent. Would work just the same...

Look at the title of the episode. It's obvious this is a disguise.

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bl00dwerk said:

@drellassassin said:

@bl00dwerk said:

@owie said:

Look at the title of the episode. It's obvious this is a disguise.

Hence why I said "If". I seriously doubt they change her hair color mid-episode, though...

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bl00dwerk: So why would you expect her to look like her regular appearance? That's like saying why wasn't Barry The Flash in his appearance(s) in Arrow.

snarkybits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By snarkybits

Complaining about hair color is a pretty flimsy criticism to have about a character.

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bl00dwerk: So why would you expect her to look like her regular appearance? That's like saying why wasn't Barry The Flash in his appearance(s) in Arrow.

So the only blonde-haired woman in existance must be Bobbi Morse? We'll see if she ends up in her appropriate attire...

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feartheliving said:

So the only blonde-haired woman in existance must be Bobbi Morse? We'll see if she ends up in her appropriate attire...

That response literally had nothing to do with what I said, but okay... Her first appearance in comics she was a brunette it could be a reference to that or it could just be she trying to look different while infiltrating Hydra. There is little point in complaining about her hair color in one picture that we have zero context behind. This is Marvel it's not like they just forgot what Bobbie looks like.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Complaining about hair color is a pretty flimsy criticism to have about a character.

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Bl00dwerK

@feartheliving:

@bl00dwerk said:

@feartheliving said:

That response literally had nothing to do with what I said, but okay... Her first appearance in comics she was a brunette it could be a reference to that or it could just be she trying to look different while infiltrating Hydra. There is little point in complaining about her hair color in one picture that we have zero context behind. This is Marvel it's not like they just forgot what Bobbie looks like.

If she's trying to look different it's not working. She doesn't appear to be doing anything to cover her face. Like I said, though, we'll have to wait and see...

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@snarkybits said:

What if Black Widow had been blonde? Would that be flimsy?

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sovereign91001 said:

@snarkybits said:

I care about that as much as the hubbub that was raised that Lois was a redhead in MOS. I'd be much more concerned with how on point the characterization of a hero turned out rather than something fairly trivial like hair color.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bl00dwerk: Hence why I also stated "Her first appearance in comics she was a brunette it could be a reference to that" and she may dye her hair color to blonde to avoid detection by Hydra. Either way it really isn't a big deal if she were a brunette, but I doubt they'll keep it so. Either way we'll see when her episodes air.

Ando123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They'll take their time to flesh out the character. then she'll become Mocking bird, cool, like what they did with deathlok

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bl00dwerk said:

@sovereign91001 said:

@snarkybits said:

I care about that as much as the hubbub that was raised that Lois was a redhead in MOS. I'd be much more concerned with how on point the characterization of a hero turned out rather than something fairly trivial like hair color.

Both things are important, how characters are portrayed and how they look. What's so difficult about achieving their iconic looks?

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sovereign91001 said:

@bl00dwerk said:

@sovereign91001 said:

@snarkybits said:

Both things are important, how characters are portrayed and how they look. What's so difficult about achieving their iconic looks?

To me the whole 'iconic look' thing people like to b**** about when the color of a costume is different or a hair color doesn't match up really doesn't matter. These aren't 1-1 recreations, rather they are almost always inspired by the media they emulate, so I don't go in with the expectation that everything has to line up just like the comics. If I'm going to complain about something, it'll be characterization, which is the most important thing about adaptions, everything takes a backseat.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#37 the_stegman  Moderator

I'm excited, hair color isn't important.

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bl00dwerk said:

@sovereign91001 said:

@bl00dwerk said:

@sovereign91001 said:

@snarkybits said:

To me the whole 'iconic look' thing people like to b**** about when the color of a costume is different or a hair color doesn't match up really doesn't matter. These aren't 1-1 recreations, rather they are almost always inspired by the media they emulate, so I don't go in with the expectation that everything has to line up just like the comics. If I'm going to complain about something, it'll be characterization, which is the most important thing about adaptions, everything takes a backseat.

Just because it doesn't matter to you doesn't mean it doesn't matter to others, or that you're right and they're wrong. It's an opinion. Take it or leave it...

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bl00dwerk: Obviously, that goes without saying and I didn't need you to tell me that. I framed my last statement from my perspective. I love that you tag me on my opinion, have a back and forth with me about my opinion and then tell me, 'it's an opinion' and this little gem:

'Just because it doesn't matter to you doesn't mean it doesn't matter to others' .

When the first two words of my last statement are literally 'To me' as in from my perspective.

Great insight.

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

a little disappointed she's not blond, but regardless im excited!

HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

This actress always looks hungover.

Sirzechs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too bad she can't act.

Neon_Jackal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't even seen her in action yet and everyone is already complaining. She's a spy, spies need disguises, sometimes a good disguise is changing your hair colour.

Avatar image for teddy_the_god_killer
    teddy_the_god_killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still not keen on this show. CSI feel to it. Lots of potential missed. In a world that contains so may superheroes they certainly do a good job of avoiding most of them. It is fair to say that they would be monitoring everyone, that is part of their remit, but surely a lot of the superheroes would be monitoring them too if Shield is supposed to have so much tech and knowledge. This show just feels like a hook to keep,fans sucking at the teat of advertising.

Why not use it as a vehicle to start introducing a lot more characters from the universe? A little Dr Strange, Pym? It could have the potential to bring in a new hero or villain every two weeks. They could provide backgrounds and origin stories that the films are beginning to avoid. Surely shield has huge databases to offer exposition to a point. Just a thought. Or consider a "24" type storyline running as one long TV "movie" that would be cool.

bloggerboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had heard about this casting before but looking at this post for a moment I thought it was Adriana Lima.

Numbuh1Nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boynerdgeek: He seems more interested in the character than the paycheck he's getting for it, as evidenced recently when he said that he didn't want a Hawkeye movie because he works better as a secondary in other movies. I'd say he'd be down to work with Palicki if for no other reason than their characters' history together. I doubt that'll be on Agents of SHIELD, though. Even Daredevil thinks he's too good for that show lol

(inb4 hate: I love Agents of SHIELD, but if they haven't brought in an Avenger yet, they probably never will. Especially thanks to the recent ratings drop.)

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#47  Edited By Jenkale

on further thought i may have been a little hasty in my first comment. still would like the first photo of adrienne as mockingbird to BE adrienne as mockingbird in the suit with her batons but ce la vie.

well for those of you who didnt read the last volume of secret avengers they made mockingbird a master of disguise, finally her codename makes sense lol. and she went undercover at A.I.M. and seeing as ms. palicki looks a hot mess in this photo and nothing like bobbi AND the obvi title of the episode yeah she is going to be undercover. would be cute if someone on the team asks "mockingbird? how did she get that name?" and they say cause she is a master of disguise, would be a cool gimmick for her and we can get some range acting from adrienne doing different accents, mannerisms and languages. that is something that may be beyond the caliber of this show but a girl can dream

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

I wonder if there is a Cock in the Wolf House. =P

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.