• 68 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I thoroughly enjoyed this. The acting is somewhat iffy at parts but overall I think it holds up nicely. I got my daily dose of super powers right here. Yay! :D

SlickyMike88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I like the show , I will dare to say this is the best comic tv series out there;)

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#53  Edited By Lvenger

I'll have to wait til Friday to watch it. A UK channel actually has the rights to show this series in the UK only a few days after it comes out whereas usually, it takes years for American shows to be shown on Britain.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@foxxfireart: Faking Coulson's death isn't an example of a poorly handled character revival so much as it is an excellent example of SHIELD's willingness to lie to the heroes.

Sachmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Typed a whoooole essay and it posted none of it.

Anyways, I thought the LMD thing at first too. But they used the word 'Magical' to describe Tahiti TWICE. Thats hard to ignore.

LordRequiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Coulson is dead. That should be the end of that.

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoyed its a great way to introduce some other marvel characters in to the tv/movie universe.

BatmanFan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By BatmanFan11

Why make a marvel show when there's no Marvel Characters and just some nobodies we don't know?

Where's Thor, Hulk, Captain America, Black Widow, Wasp or any others. I hope this show gets cancelled. It's a disgrace to call this a Marvel Show if you have no Marvel Characters in it.

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#60  Edited By IrishX

@cafeterialoca said:

To be honest, I think a black actress would have been better in this role. Because to me, Skye came off as this super privileged girl who’s ego was just being fed.

I'm sure it was not* intended to be but I find that a pretty racist comment. What does skin color have to do with anything? Because she's white she came off as "super privileged"?

You're a good poster who makes a lot of intelligent comments so I'm not trying to win some argument here or make you out to be some bad person. I'm just telling you how I read what you wrote.

Edit: Sorry, I meant *not intended.

McG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

So what show did people watch? Seriously some comments bitching over the gayest things and also you seem to forget its a TV SHOW, you can't recreate a Marvel film on such a low buget... I enjoyed it, really much so I wasn't expecting Avengers 2 like most people but oh well, if you don't like it don't watch it, simples :)

bunkerbuster05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foxxfireart: Faking Coulson's death isn't an example of a poorly handled character revival so much as it is an excellent example of SHIELD's willingness to lie to the heroes.

EXACTLY.

The Mast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 2

Boring.

The big reveal that Coulson is an L.M.D., or that he was cloned (Moon style) is already obvious and I don't feel like waiting all the seasons to have them go, "Tadahhh!". Maybe even the Coulson that died was a clone/L.M.D. That's the reveal, though.

Anyway, it felt cheap. It felt made-for-TV.

snarkybits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#64  Edited By snarkybits
    owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#65 owie  Moderator

I went into this with low expectations--the cast looked too young and artificial, and SHIELD just isn't the most interesting corner of the Marvel universe.

It ended up being kind of what I expected, which was too bad. SHIELD, as a spy agency, isn't anything we haven't seen a million times before on the big or small screen. So this is only going to succeed through its characters, or the use of superheroes/villains. The enhanced character was ok, as a character, but in terms of powers was boring. Most of the other characters, especially the lead guy, were boring or annoying. I kind of liked FitzSimmons actually. And Coulson is good of course. But otherwise, not much there. And the whole "let's put all the super-power enhancement agents in one place" thing was dumb/easy. Pilots are always stiffer than normal episodes, so hopefully this warms up. I do really want the idea of a serial TV show that's tied into the expanded Marvel movie universe to succeed.

E1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By E1000

Cobie Smulder was doing her Robin-ized version of Maria Hill and everybody else in he show was acing better than her; apart from that, it was cool, it felt great to have this superheroic universe expanded in a series.

They also avoided the introduction through the eyes of a new character joining a secret team.

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It wasn't bad. Of ocurse it wasn't like the movies... that's a stupid expectation/comment. It wasn't the best thing ever, of course, but let's wait.

dorsk188

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@loki9876 said:

Am i the only one who liked Fitz and Simmons?

No, I liked them, too. They were both fine, though never given much time to show any depth, but their quick idiosyncrasies hinted at some fun down the road. I especially liked his affectation of slapping Ward on the back and she was downright adorable when dissecting the alien tech.

I think people are just recognizing that these characters are intended as "fan favorites" by the writers, and are resisting the yoke. Fanboys are stubborn things, after all and pilots are the sort of complicated ugly sausages that no one really enjoys, but you know they are necessary to get something better through the system...

Miss_Garrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

4.5 out of 5 stars!! Coulson RULES. I don't think he's an LMD, but we'll see. I don't care for Skye, she's way too hyperactive/smug/annoying as heck. Although this is the first time I've seen a woman play the Computer Hacker character-type before. It's still too early to see if Ward and May are going to be likeable. I actually do like Fitz-Simmons.

I hope the rest of the show won't be too hectic in its pacing. I like it when a show is fast paced, but there needs to be balance, and this episode was so speedy that I had one or two moments when I thought I missed something. I didn't but it felt like it. That's something that needs work.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.