Constance Zimmer Joins 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Cast as an Adversary for Coulson

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Production for the third season of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is underway and Marvel has just announced another addition to the cast. Constance Zimmer (House of Cards, UnReal) is coming on board as the head of a new mysterious organization that will cause problems for S.H.I.E.L.D. and the Inhumans.

No Caption Provided

“When casting this role, we needed someone that could go toe-to-toe with Coulson,” said series Executive Producer/Head of Marvel Television, Jeph Loeb. “Constance brings a level of wit and spark to the role we could have only dreamed of, and we’re beyond excited to add her to our already stellar cast going into the new season.”

The third season of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. premieres Tuesday, September 29 at 9:00 PM ET on ABC.

Source: Marvel

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Curious as to who she'll be playing. Be awesome if it was SWORD but I'm not sure how likely that is. Either way she's a pretty good actress and I can see her bumping heads with Coulson.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By gmanfromheck
    FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man: I'd welcome it just not sure if it's something they'd let the TV part of the MCU tackle, though I didn't think they'd hit the Inhumans so hard in season 2 so it's for sure possible.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feartheliving: Yeah. Them doing SWORD here would be ambitious. But maybe it'd be Abigail before SWORD formed. But they'll probably just go with a new character with a new name.

TheBlackHood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheBlackHood

So whose going to be a bigger adversary this season, this new character or the ratings?

RoninAutomaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Brand" Green, or "Viper" Green, or ...

... "The Contessa" Skunk Stripe

Truth_Teller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it'd be so awesome if they let her cuss though. shes outstanding i just dont know how she's going to do in this role in a show aimed for teenie boppers

Avatar image for themantisshrimp
    TheMantisShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man AoS has been pretty ambitious since the start of second season. We've learned more about the Kree and been introduced to Inhumans years before their movie. SWORD doesn't seem out of the scope of the show.

@truth_teller did you watch season two? The show can generally be enjoyed by a fairly wide age range but events transpire that definitely are not targeted toward teenie boppers.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themantisshrimp: I agree about the ambition. Taking on the Inhumans so far in advanced of the movie is going to be interesting once they actually start thinking about what they're gonna do for that. I'm also curious how HYDRA and their "new" leader from the end of Season 2 will play into things this season with this new problem and their SECRET WARRIORS missions.

Avatar image for themantisshrimp
    TheMantisShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man I can't wait to see what happens to Hydra!

vascillator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its a shame they wasted Victoria Hand in the first season, shed have been great for this part. They even had an awesome actress to portray her...

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vascillator: It was crazy that they killed her. I was in denial. I thought there was no way that certain person would kill her OR that they would actually kill her off the show right away. It might have been a waste but it was pretty gutsy.

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

Given AoS's history I think it's a little more likely that they'll create a new character for her.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.