• 86 results
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

The best thing about Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is the little snippets we get about the 'history' of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Hearing little hints about what happened before the "Battle of New York" and the fact that S.H.I.E.L.D. was active, covering events and preventing panics is enough to grab hold of your interest and keep you glued to these little moments in the conversation.

Unfortunately we still have a problem when it comes to the cast. It's just difficult at times to get through the episode when most of the characters are so unlikable. Agent Ward (Brett Dalton) is a jerk. Yes, he's used to working alone and feels he doesn't need anyone else. It gets to be a bit much. His disdain for Skye (Chloe Bennet) gets out of hand. Although...we'll have to wait and see.

FitzSimmons are still annoying as well. Really annoying. It seems far fetched that S.H.I.E.L.D. would send a small and extremely inexperienced team after the 0-8-4 and allow FitzSimmons out in the field. They may be the best ones to analyze it but with all the tech they have, there's no need for them to actually be present for the analysis. The addition of FitzSimmons is like a smack in the fact that the show is trying to hard to be witty and perky. We have an ensemble cast but we don't need to have attempts at humor in every scene. It does work in the movies but this show could easily deliver the goods by focusing on the action and story threads.

Speaking of action, we do have Melinda May (Ming-Na Wen). Her character continues to be the ass-kicker on the team. We find out a tiny bit about her past and why she 'retired' but when she spends most of the episode as the strong silent type, she comes across as being robotic.

All that isn't to say the episode was a complete wash. Agent Coulson (Clark Gregg) is the glue for the show. His presence is what we tune in for. It's great seeing him walk into a heated argument and be able to diffuse it without raising his voice.

The team gets a big bonding moment in this mission. You can kind of see it coming. We do get some slight changes in attitude but hopefully the characters will be able to evolve some more so we can fully tolerate them. There is a little twist that you may or may not have seen coming. This, too, will add to spicing things up in future episodes. But does anyone want to predict how it will play out? It probably won't be too hard to guess.

Of course there is a surprise character cameo. You may have heard about it. It is a surprising touch. One I didn't think they'd pull so soon in the series. Hopefully you managed to avoid it. It's these little things that will help push the show forward and keep it having the Cinematic Universe feel.

As long as you can get past the annoyances of the characters, the episode does have its moments. I would prefer the show to focus more on the details of this universe. Give us the action and some character development. We don't need all these attempts at humor to keep us watching. Just give us more fun and excitement.

kilomac29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I enjoyed the ep, but you're right FitzSimmons is really annoying. Most of the time either talked I couldn't even understand what they were saying.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By judasnixon

Am I the only person who doesn't care for this show? It's not bad, It's just isn't for me........ It feels like they made a Marvel TV show and took out all the Marvel Comics....... I want S.H.I.E.L.D. uniforms, I want bee keeper A.I.M. henchmen, I want D-list characters..... Looking at you Stilt-Man!

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

I do agree that the cast is not likeable they would of been smarter to have brought in Mockingbird to be an agent so we have a superhero on the team. The first episode could of been them tracking down a vigilante that turns out to be someone like Moon Knight or something and have him join up. Its just hard to care about people in a world with Superheroes.

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everyone is so damn harsh on this show. It's perfectly fine for what it is.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#5  Edited By gmanfromheck

@alkusanagi: We all just have opinions. 3 stars isn't horrible. I do think and hope the show will get better when everyone finds their footing. There are just times, IN MY OPINION, that the show tries too hard.

Agent_Everyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Agent_Everyman
    @g_man said:

@alkusanagi: We all just have opinions. 3 stars isn't horrible. I do think and hope the show will get better when everyone finds their footing. There are just times, IN MY OPINION, that the show tries too hard.

I agree. Although I tend to have this problem anytime ABC does a show.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I actually like this episode more than the pilot, but I hated how Agent Coulson kept dancing around why he needs this hacker around. Also there must be something up with up with the Tahiti thing Coulson keeps bring up when someone mentions his death.

Not much likable actors, and now were getting this love thing from the hacker and the agent guy...

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By evilvegeta74

Yeah man, I'm good with it! Glad to have something by Marvel on tv that isn't so CW pretty boyish/Vampire Diaries/Smallville /Arrow etc.....Keep it going Marvel haters will hate!

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

I actually like Agent Ward, he's my favorite character second to Coulson. He comes off as the strong independent who doesn't work well with others, but I don't really find him unlikeable, just someone who prefers working alone. I like Skye and you can see some chemistry developing between her and Ward which will obvious lead to something, more so considering the preview to next weeks episode.

I do agree about FitzSimmons, they do come off rather annoying and I find a hard time understanding anything they're saying most of the time. I still don't understand how saying big words really fast someone means your super-smart.

My biggest issue with this episode was this feeling very random, I get it was meant more as a team bonding mission, but the lack of any actual villain (not counting the random, yet obvious villain in this episode) makes the show feel random and just all over the place. Hopefully the show starts focusing on this Rising Tide organization or at least hint at other terrorist groups like ULTIMATUM or the Watch Dogs.

The little cameo was also nice touch, seeing Maria Hill in the previous episode was great and this one was a welcomed surprise.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@br_havoc said:, wai

I do agree that the cast is not likeable they would of been smarter to have brought in Mockingbird to be an agent so we have a superhero on the team. The first episode could of been them tracking down a vigilante that turns out to be someone like Moon Knight or something and have him join up. Its just hard to care about people in a world with Superheroes.

They only two episodes in, wait and see what may develop! I smell success!

mdamasco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mdamasco

who was the cameo?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12 the_stegman  Moderator

I'll give this show two more episodes to be more than mediocre, otherwise I'm done.

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@g_man said:

I think this show is starting off a lot like Arrow did. The actors just need time to calibrate to each other. Meanwhile, Coulson is carrying the show just fine IMO.

Gotham331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I get it, avengers happened! I don't need constant reminders of it. I saw the movie, I own the DVD. Let show stand on its own two feet and leave the avengers to the avengers. Enough of all the clunky references.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@evilvegeta74: My issue is they needed a wow factor to start the show with and so far there has not been on. They need one agent that bridged the gap from Superhero to agent and they do not have that.

I was hoping this would of been another Buffy for Whedon but so far its shaping up to be dollhouse -_- I will give it till the mid season break but so far its been the biggest disappointment of the season.

chalkshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I second @war_killer's opinion on Agent Ward. Of all the characters, he's the one who most embodies how I perceive a classic S.H.I.E.L.D. field operative to be. His disdain for Skye, Fitz, and Simmons actually endears him all the more to me, as I hate all three of those characters, too.

You're never going to sell me on "cute", and that seems to be the whole reason for the existence of Fitz and Simmons.

I want to like May more, but so far she's just another "badass with a mysterious past" stock character. Coulson has been served best in broadening and deepening his character. I have a theory as to why he's so deep in Skye's corner, but will stay mum on the subject for fear of potentially spoiling anything for late viewers.

I thought the pilot was crushingly bland, but I found this episode a marked improvement. There's potential for this to be a solid program. It needs to be it's own thing. Start carving out it's own place, and not rely so much on name dropping, and nods to the films. It's the only way it's going to survive.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I do hope that sometime soon they stop constantly referring to the Battle of New York...I get that for them as characters it was a HUGE event, nothing like it had happened ever before but it seems like with Iron Man 3, AoS, and then I've already seen clips of them talking about it in Thor 2 it's just getting to be to much of it...and I can almost guarantee that they'll be talking about it in Captain America 2

also I hope that the secret behind Coulson's return isn't dragged out for too long either or at least tell us what's going on and keep it a secret from the character himself for a while longer....just tell us that he's an LMD and get it over with lol

McHotcakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think people judge too harshly when it comes to tv shows. Especially the first season. Unlike movies which are a single package tv shows are long unkempt things that take time to develop. It's only been two episodes of this show and people are already complaining about it, but most shows take at least three or four episodes to find their rhythm. All the show is doing is establishing its characters and allowing them room to grow. Look at the first episode of any other tv show, well any tv show that was on a network staton. Odds are the characters and premise weren't exactly what they were in later episodes.

I say judgment should be reserved, on any tv show, until it at least reaches the mid point of its first season.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#19  Edited By Fallschirmjager

I'll give this show two more episodes to be more than mediocre, otherwise I'm done.

I said I was going to give it all season...but I'm stopping after tonight. lol.

At this point I'm desperate for Arrow to premiere.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to like May more, but so far she's just another "badass with a mysterious past" stock character. Coulson has been served best in broadening and deepening his character. I have a theory as to why he's so deep in Skye's corner, but will stay mum on the subject for fear of potentially spoiling anything for late viewers.

Mind telling me your theory? You can hide it in a spoiler tag if you don't want to spoil anything for others?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@chalkshark said:

I second @war_killer's opinion on Agent Ward. Of all the characters, he's the one who most embodies how I perceive a classic S.H.I.E.L.D. field operative to be. His disdain for Skye, Fitz, and Simmons actually endears him all the more to me, as I hate all three of those characters, too.

You're never going to sell me on "cute", and that seems to be the whole reason for the existence of Fitz and Simmons.

I thought the pilot was crushingly bland, but I found this episode a marked improvement. There's potential for this to be a solid program. It needs to be it's own thing. Start carving out it's own place, and not rely so much on name dropping, and nods to the films. It's the only way it's going to survive.

The problem I have with this show so far (actually there's a lot, but I'll stick with characters) is that EVERY character feels like a stock character, even Ward.

You have:

1. May, the mysterious woman who knows a lot of martial arts but is reluctant to use them due to a myserious past of mystery.

2. Sky, the plucky, spunky 20-something chick who is somehow really good at computers (every show seems to have this nowadays, even Arrow has Felicity)

3. The Two comic relief scientists who the writers think making them talk really fast and spout psuedo science BS will make them appear smart (kinda like the scientists in Pacific Rim)

4. Ward, the "no nonsense" ''by the books'' agent who is a loner and doesn't like others (especially the plucky, spunky 20-something chick) but throughout the series will have his heart grow three sizes and understand the value of friendship and working with others.

Add to this the lame one liners crammed into every five minutes, underwhelming action scenes, and threats that don't actually feel like threats.

I know the show is only two episodes in, I know that we have a lot more to get through, and I know I shouldn't judge a show too harshly this early. But so far, everything I've seen makes this show completely and utterly mediocre.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I do hope that sometime soon they stop constantly referring to the Battle of New York...I get that for them as characters it was a HUGE event, nothing like it had happened ever before but it seems like with Iron Man 3, AoS, and then I've already seen clips of them talking about it in Thor 2 it's just getting to be to much of it...and I can almost guarantee that they'll be talking about it in Captain America 2

I kinda felt the same way in this episode, I didn't mind Coulson mention his run in with Loki from Avengers when he was talking to Skye, as I felt that helped to better deepen his character plus it just makes his character even cooler as he can literally brag about going up against Loki, even getting in one hit. Skye's reaction to this was great to see as well.

But I did find it a bit much when Coulson mentioned how "everything's changed since the Battle of New York" or whatever. I get that it was a big deal, but we don't need to be reminded of it every episode. Really, when you think about it, for guys like Coulson. what happened in Avengers shouldn't be anything new as they've been dealing with weird things like alien technology before the "Battle of New York."

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer: if that even is Coulson...I still think that he's an LMD or something or at the very least he's been brainwashed for some unknown reason...the " It was magical" everytime someone mentions Tahiti just screams BRAINWASHING

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chalkshark said:

The problem I have with this show so far (actually there's a lot, but I'll stick with characters) is that EVERY character feels like a stock character, even Ward.

You have:

1. May, the mysterious woman who knows a lot of martial arts but is reluctant to use them due to a myserious past of mystery.

2. Sky, the plucky, spunky 20-something chick who is somehow really good at computers (every show seems to have this nowadays, even Arrow has Felicity)

3. The Two comic relief scientists who the writers think making them talk really fast and spout psuedo science BS will make them appear smart (kinda like the scientists in Pacific Rim)

4. Ward, the "no nonsense" ''by the books'' agent who is a loner and doesn't like others (especially the plucky, spunky 20-something chick) but throughout the series will have his heart grow three sizes and understand the value of friendship and working with others.

Add to this the lame one liners crammed into every five minutes, underwhelming action scenes, and threats that don't actually feel like threats.

I know the show is only two episodes in, I know that we have a lot more to get through, and I know I shouldn't judge a show too harshly this earlier. But so far, everything I've seen makes this show completely and utterly mediocre.

I thought the same exact thing about FitzSimmons. I found it extremely annoying at how the writers think that having them say big science-related words really fast somehow makes them sound smart. Half the time I couldn't even understand what they were saying because they were talking too fast for anyone to understand what the heck they were talking about. I mean Tony Stark and Bruce Banner are really smart too, but at least in Avengers they talked in a pace where you could at least understand what they were saying.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
    StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

I think people judge too harshly when it comes to tv shows. Especially the first season. Unlike movies which are a single package tv shows are long unkempt things that take time to develop. It's only been two episodes of this show and people are already complaining about it, but most shows take at least three or four episodes to find their rhythm. All the show is doing is establishing its characters and allowing them room to grow. Look at the first episode of any other tv show, well any tv show that was on a network staton. Odds are the characters and premise weren't exactly what they were in later episodes.

I say judgment should be reserved, on any tv show, until it at least reaches the mid point of its first season.

Finally, someone actually speaking sense! x)

Anyway, I agree. I look forward into some character development and Marvel references this season.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

@danhimself said:

@war_killer: if that even is Coulson...I still think that he's an LMD or something or at the very least he's been brainwashed for some unknown reason...the " It was magical" everytime someone mentions Tahiti just screams BRAINWASHING

Oh, the moment Maria Hill mentioned how he could "never know" and the doctor saying" he really doesn't know" just screamed that Coulson was an LMD. That's probably why he doesn't say anything else about Tahiti, because he's only programmed to believe he was there "recovering" from Loki's attack, but in reality he probably was only brought online sometime after his death.

But really, it the comics LMD's were programmed to believe they were really the person they were pretending to be, even after the realize they're an LMD they still be believe they're the person they thought they were. I have a feeling that Skye's going to figure out that somethings up with Coulson and when he tries to remember his time in Tahiti he's going to figure out what's really going on.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@war_killer: I really liked the conversation between Banner and Stark in Avengers, like you said, you could understand them, it felt like two really smart guys talking about the science that gave them passion, unlike Fitzsimmons which is:

"Whataboutthephotonextractionpacemonitorthatopens

thegammaexposureusingquantumhyperspaceintertia?"

"Ridiculousyoucan'textractthatlevelofradioactiveisotopes

withoutfirstregulatingionsofcosmictesserackfieldenergyatherateoffourkillajoulespersecond...duh!"

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

@war_killer: I really liked the conversation between Banner and Stark in Avengers, like you said, you could understand them, it felt like two really smart guys talking about the science that gave them passion, unlike Fitzsimmons which is:

"Whataboutthephotonextractionpacemonitorthatopens

thegammaexposureusingquantumhyperspaceintertia?"

"Ridiculousyoucan'textractthatlevelofradioactiveisotopes

withoutfirstregulatingionsofcosmictesserackfieldenergyatherateoffourkillajoulespersecond...duh!"

Exactly. I think it's sad that their little remote-control helicopter things are more interesting than they are. xD

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Well I had managed to avoid the surprise cameo until I saw the name of the character in the episode description of this review >:(

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

Here are my thoughts on the episode:

Loading Video...

iceslick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 83

@g_man: I agree with you the British twins are annoying and the episode felt pretty average until Nick Fury came around. He totally cracked me up and really bumped it up to a 4th star. I'm surprised you didn't give a 4th star for that one? I also think they need take off that cheesy ass music. It just does not work.

iceslick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 83

#32  Edited By iceslick
    chalkshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@the_stegman: I wholeheartedly agree. They all are stock characters. It was my biggest complaint going into the series, after I read the little character bios that came to light. Wasn't implying Ward wasn't a stock character. He just happens to be one I can, largely, support.

Avatar image for mister_sensational
    Mister_Sensational

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man

Frankly I think you are being more than fair by giving the episode a full 3 stars, I would've given it a slightly lower grade of 2 to 2 1/2 stars. I agree with what you said about Fitz and Simmons, they come off as these two petulant children who also just happen to be really smart (frankly if they were children I think I could forgive them) but it's like "Geez, I know you two are scientist but can you at least try to act like competent adults that have done this before!?"

The only thing I would slightly disagree with you on is you're take on Agent Ward. I could totally see this highly trained, made to be a bad ass field operative who is suddenly thrust into a situation where he is on a team with the likes of two annoying "geeks" like FitzSimmons and a complete unknowing civilian like Skye have an attitude like "Why are any of you people here?" and on top of that the only other person he can relate to is the, reluctant to get involved in combat despite also being a bad ass, pilot.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This episode was kinda bland. And FitzSimmons are really annoying. Skye slightly, but at least she's hot.

I actually like Agent Ward, he's my favorite character second to Coulson. He comes off as the strong independent who doesn't work well with others, but I don't really find him unlikeable, just someone who prefers working alone. I like Skye and you can see some chemistry developing between her and Ward which will obvious lead to something, more so considering the preview to next weeks episode.

Looking at your avatar, this isn't surprising lol ^_^

@mdamasco said:

who was the cameo?

Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury

I get it, avengers happened! I don't need constant reminders of it. I saw the movie, I own the DVD. Let show stand on its own two feet and leave the avengers to the avengers. Enough of all the clunky references.

This! So much this.

@chalkshark said:

Gotta aim for that massive TV watching demographic...

Gotham331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is a LMD running a team of shield agents?

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I cant wait for Arrow.....This show is so meh IMO

Cafeterialoca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

I liked this episode better than the pilot because it was better paced and they didn't have the music blaring 24/7.

But I'll be honest, some of it was outright CHEESY. The show was rattled with cliches, and these lines?

"In English Please" to the Scientist?

"Oh wow, you strung 3 words together!"

COME ON! Those are some of the most overused lines in TV shows and movie history! Are you really that desperate for lines?!

The other big thing is that all of these characters are painfully generic. They should have tried making them more unique or unexpected. I feel like I already seen most of these characters done better on other shows. Hell, Agent Ward reminds me of the guy from Bones, and Bones does him a lot better than this show.

I'm pretty disappointed in Joss Whedon. Still miles better than that awful Pilot episode.

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Being Peruvian this episode only reaffirms my love of DC over Marvel.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Killemall

Well seems like i am one of the few people who actually enjoy the show , shame..

My only complain to the show is lack of actual marvel character and over abundance of Avengers reference. There are so many great bad guys, which marvel should know by now they arent going to see anywhere in the movie, throw them here, whack them all here, that would be better.

I would wanna see a villain here who is actually from marvel comics. I think being tied to the Avengers movie is actually the 1 downside the series has and is holding it back.

cobra88king8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

I hope that cameo is a sign of things to come

TheBlackHood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really want to like this show. I mean its Whedon doing a comic book show, how can it not be great? But the fact is that so far, it isn't great. To me it is very obvious that Whedon either had no hand in selecting the cast or has completely lost his touch. Other than Coulsan, who is from the films; the only character I really like is Ward. Melinda May would be cool if they stopped trying sooo damn hard with her. The brit-olsen twins are beyond annoying and have none of the usual charm of Whedon's numerous other nerds. I just finished watching the 2nd episode of Person of Interest and they've already introduced two new big villain groups for the season in two episodes. Agents of Shield needs to pick it up by the fourth episode or risk becoming NCIS - Superhero without the charisma of either NCIS cast.

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aw crap, I missed this too.

muhabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The characters are still kinda cookie cutter except for Caulson who's already been fleshed out in the movies & the stories have been kinda bland but Joss shows are kinda known for starting slow & dragging you in around the midseason brack so I'll wait 'til then to judge.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I haven't watched it yet

Mild_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Mild_Karl

@alkusanagi said:

Why should we settle for "perfectly fine for what it is" though? There are so many other entertaining works in different mediums- shows, films, books, games, comics- that fight for my attention on a daily basis. If you're going to take an hour of my time on a weekly basis, you better not waste it by being "fine". I know that episodic TV is a slow burn but if there's a show that deserves the benefit of the doubt, it's not this one, not the big-budgeted Disney/Marvel production that has an entire cinematic universe and a marketing behemoth behind it. Expect greatness. Hell, expect entertainment. Not whatever this is.

That said, you can still be totally optimistic/hopeful for something's potential in the future while criticizing it in the present.

ash1ketchem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Take the show for what it is and stop comparing it to NCIS or Arrow or whatever it is you watch. Its only episode 2 for god sakes. Joss understands the importance of character development and everything he ever wrote is always character driven. Characters may look cookie cutter type now but wait and see what happens a few episodes from now. If anyone watched Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Dollhouse, or even his run in Astonishing X-Men, by the time you hit the end, everyone is a different person. Trust me, give up on this show now and you will regret it. So far this show is awesome and I'm loving every minute and I can't wait to see what plot twists they are setting up.

fivestarga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By fivestarga

My favorite part of the show? Any scene that shows Skye's amazing bare legs. No joke, the girl has the right amount of muscle tone in those beauties.

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still waiting for more B,C,D list characters to show up. So far the show seems fine to me, Coulson is awesome as always, Skye is hot, and Agent May... she is like the discount Natasha (I think she's a better fighter than Ward though). As for FitzSimmons, they do get annoying sometimes (talk very fast for no reason), but overall, likable.

hmmm....I thought Nick Furry's cameo will lead to something bigger or something closely related to future episode development, but nope, they just wasted it on a joke? how about introduce the next mission? or some major plot point.

I seriously hope they will set up something to tie to the Phase 2...maybe a scene mention something about Department X etc.

TheBlackHood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Take the show for what it is and stop comparing it to NCIS or Arrow or whatever it is you watch. Its only episode 2 for god sakes. Joss understands the importance of character development and everything he ever wrote is always character driven. Characters may look cookie cutter type now but wait and see what happens a few episodes from now. If anyone watched Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Dollhouse, or even his run in Astonishing X-Men, by the time you hit the end, everyone is a different person. Trust me, give up on this show now and you will regret it. So far this show is awesome and I'm loving every minute and I can't wait to see what plot twists they are setting up.

Why would we not compare it to the shows with which it directly competes? And I'm sorry, but this blind "Trust in Whedon" is the same sort of nonsense that allowed Dollhouse to drone on for almost 2 seasons with very little movement in the plot department. One of the strengths of shows like Buffy and Angel was a lack of any direct competition in the genre department. That simply isn't the case anymore. The characters in Agents of Shield with the exception of Coulson are cookie cutter and boring. The young kids all look like they fell out of the Juniors and Young Men's section of a JCPenny catalogue. I don't think most people are critical on the show out of want for it to fail. However, the show has to be judged on each episode's individual merit as well as its place in the larger season. No one can honestly critique a show based on "Trust Whedon" or possible future episodes. This show is on one of the big 3 and they certainly won't hesitate to pull the plug if viewership drops. So while "by the time you hit the end" may be true; if Whedon doesn't step up his writing we may never get to see "the end" except on DVD.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.