• 62 results
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has come a long way. Many felt the show had a slow start but with the recent changes, you can see how everything has been building all season. As a season finale, it's this episode's job to wrap up everything--or at least almost everything.

No Caption Provided

Since the events of Captain America: The Winter Soldier, our Agents have been on the run. With one of their own revealed to be working for HYDRA, there's been physical and emotional costs to the team. This was compounded even further when Agent Ward's past was revealed last week and we saw how far he was willing to go to dispose of his former friends.

With the team divided, Coulson and company attempt to get to the bottom of things and try to get the upper hand against John Garrett. The episode starts out with a big fight scene. This is what we want to see. We can't just have the Agents sitting around or shooting their Night-Night gun at people. Basically you can say the show packs a punch at the beginning.

The revelations about Garrett continue to develop and we see what his plans are compared to those of HYDRA's. With some callbacks to past plot developments and characters, you can see that, yes, everything is connected. It also, finally, makes sense for there to be a small team of S.H.I.E.L.D. agents taking on these big threats. This was a distraction, at times, during the season. Unfortunately it took the destruction of S.H.I.E.L.D. for this to make sense.

Despite the strong connections to the movie Cinematic Universe, which include a couple pretty big ones in this episode, it still feels like a TV show compared to the movies. This is something I really looked and thought about during watching. I'll be honest, I watched this episode twice! There basically is still a TV tone. It's partly the music and even dialogue, that sets it apart from the tone in the movies. This is just a distraction for me. We are talking about a different medium here and the show has to accomplish different things compared to a full-length movie. It's just hard, at times, when the show is trying to be a little of both with the connections to the rest of the Cinematic Universe.

Of course, it's been announced that Samuel Jackson would have a role in this episode as Nick Fury. Let's just say he makes a pretty incredible entrance. This does take place after The Winter Soldier. That's just another incentive to watch the episode.

No Caption Provided

Speaking of incentives, there's an interesting revelation about how shadowy organizations can operate. How do they actually find people willing to work for them. The Incentive Program mention in the episode makes perfect sense.

One of the problems with some of the movies and this show, at times, is the humor. There is some here but thankfully it's just the right amount. This isn't your typical cheerful/campy episode. Things have gotten pretty dark. Assuming you watched last week's episode, you know a couple Agents didn't do too well and you'll see the full detail of their fate here.

We do get a lot of closure on certain aspects. That's what you want and need in a season finale. Questions have to be answered as viewers don't want to sit and wait forever. That being said, yes, there is a conversation between Coulson and Fury about what happened and why. Despite questions being answered, there is still a nice juicy cliffhanger fans of the show will dig.

It's not a perfect show but you can see how the show is fighting to find its ground. And it's succeeding. The show may not be everything I would want it to be but I can't deny how the characters have grown on me over the course of the season. I will miss watching the show in the coming weeks as we wait for (recently announced) second season. I might just have to watch the episode a third time tonight to say farewell for now. It's not a happy ending for everyone but this episode is sure to bring some cheers and smiles to your face.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

I herd "END" lol.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Woooo Arrow Finale tomorrow night!!!

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Awesome! Thanks for reviewing! So excited for tonight!

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MatthewParker

@madeinbangladesh: really lol? You just had too, anyway yup super excited for arrow's finale also!

iDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Cant wait for tonight!

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Slow start is an understatement.

The only memorable episode from the first half is the one with Skye in the pink dress at the party.

Master_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@muyjingo said:

The only memorable episode from the first half is the one with Skye in the pink dress at the party.

"memorable"

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By dernman  Online

One of the best things they could have done for the show was turn Ward bad. I hope they don't try to redeem and worse yet rejoin the team. It actually made him interesting. I hope they do something. I hope they do something to Melinda May because she's another who I think is a weak point. Nothing against the actress I just didn't like her for this role.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muyjingo said:

"memorable"

Um.

JTHood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muyjingo said:

"memorable"

Remember this?

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MuyJingo
    JTHood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Woooo Arrow Finale tomorrow night!!!

Nerdist says a Flash teaser will be included.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#13  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

@jthood: there's already a little teaser in the arrow finale trailer

MannEffest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 6

Soooooo excited for tonight :p Can't wait to see what Marvel and Disney have dished up!

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By gmanfromheck
    HuyDucTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By HuyDucTran
    Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Samuel Jackson can't help but be a bad ass!!!!

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@night_thrasher: Wait until you see what...nevermind. No spoilers until everyone gets to watch.

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man: I feel like me sticking with this show through the horrible middle of the season is paying off in dividends!

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By dernman  Online

@hdtran: I will never forgive you for this. My ignorance was bliss. :p

HuyDucTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By HuyDucTran
    Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

One of the best things they could have done for the show was turn Ward bad. I hope they don't try to redeem and worse yet rejoin the team. It actually made him interesting. I hope they do something. I hope they do something to Melinda May because she's another who I think is a weak point. Nothing against the actress I just didn't like her for this role.

Oh yeah, definitely. Since his betrayal Ward has become so much more interesting and one of my favorite characters. It's added layers to his character and i'm glad AoS didn't go for the cop out double-double agent turn in the end. I would like to see Ward more though as a recurring villain or something maybe. And I totally agree about May. People only accused Ward of being boring but she is basically the female version of him with slightly more snarky attitude lol

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 dernman  Online

@dernman said:

Oh yeah, definitely. Since his betrayal Ward has become so much more interesting and one of my favorite characters. It's added layers to his character and i'm glad AoS didn't go for the cop out double-double agent turn in the end. I would like to see Ward more though as a recurring villain or something maybe. And I totally agree about May. People only accused Ward of being boring but she is basically the female version of him with slightly more snarky attitude lol

I actually thought they would go for the triple agent thing. Especially when they killed off Victoria Hand. I didn't think they had it in them to do that with the main character (Ward) or a just introduced established character like Hand.

Master_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Best ep EVER

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

@buttersdaman000 said:

@dernman said:

I actually thought they would go for the triple agent thing. Especially when they killed off Victoria Hand. I didn't think they had it in them to do that with the main character (Ward) or a just introduced established character like Hand.

Well, I'm glad they didn't. With all that you mentioned and Garrets death, AoS is proving to be more ballsy than the MCU

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 dernman  Online

@buttersdaman000: It's certainly not what I expected after the first half of the season. It makes you wonder if they had this all planned out in the beginning or they decided to make adjustments because of how badly it was going. I actually care if it comes back for another season which I didn't before.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

@buttersdaman000: It's certainly not what I expected after the first half of the season. It makes you wonder if they had this all planned out in the beginning or they decided to make adjustments because of how badly it was going. I actually care if it comes back for another season which I didn't before.

Either way I liked what they did and i'll be coming back for more

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
    ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

Okay I didn't see that coming .

Skyhawk1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Skyhawk1

Loved this episode.

I was hoping May would nail gun Ward's nads, and shout Nail Hydra!

The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

About the Skye reveal

Anyone else think her dad might be some version of the Skinless Man?

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By MatthewParker

Wow epic episode! Can't wait for season 2!

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That was a good episode

iDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That was a good episode. Im super excited to see whats instore for us in season two!

ravisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ravisher

@jthood said:

@master_thief said:
    @muyjingo said:

"memorable"

Remember this?

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

CuddleBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By CuddleBear

i will never get why people are down on this show and gush about arrow... it makes zero sense.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 dernman  Online

i will never get why people are down on this show and gush about arrow... it makes zero sense.

Different strokes for different folks. The other show just happens to get more strokes.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 dernman  Online

I just watched the show and I want more.

Anyone else thing Fitz is brain damaged? I wonder who they are going get to replace him. Bummer because I liked him.

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cuddlebear: I really think it's the comicvine community too, there doesn't seem to be to many fans on here. While arrow has many on this site. It kinda makes me believe my initial feeling that there are indeed more dc fans then marvel on CV

eamon542000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fresh_prince: That's a cool idea, would he fall under x-men franchise rights thought? I feel like this show is setting up for Inhumans to play a big role.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

comicbookfan93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now that this and arrow have ended watch the hell am I supposed to watch?

Brione

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Brione

So how come nobody is talking about how Skye and Raina are Inhumans? Raina clearly gave that away by talking about evolution and asking what will she become.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By MuyJingo

@ravisher said:
    No Caption Provided

It's the only reason that episode was memorable.

After finally seeing the finale, it was underwhelming.

Sam Jackson looked like he was phoning it in the whole time, just saying his lines.

The reveals and cliffhangers were 'meh'.

The best episodes of the series were the previous 3.

It's not a great show by any means, but so many of my shows ended last year, may as well watch some mediocre popcorn TV.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.