Follow

Age of X

Story arc »

In a world without X-Men, humans attacked the mutant stronghold of Fortress X on a daily basis. Basilisk, Katherine Pryde, Legacy, Magneto & others struggled to uncover the lies surrounding their world; that the residents of Utopia were warped by a new personality created inside Legion's mind.

So what did you guys think?

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By daak1212

Im not really sure how to judge this book.  On the one hand there where some cool idea's with the whole not being in an alt universe just legions conscious thing, and the twist of the whole AOX "Universe" but on the other hand I felt that characterization was kinda weak and story was kinda underwhelming.  What did you guys think?

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Mercy_

Loved the story and felt that the characterization was really strong, quite possibly better than 616

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By daak1212
    @The Dark Huntress said:

Loved the story and felt that the characterization was really strong, quite possibly better than 616

Did you collect every single issue petaining to Age of X such as the Universe stuff or just issue 1-6?
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Mercy_
    @daak1212 I've read everything except for two of the aftermath issues.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#5  Edited By SC  Moderator

I liked it. Too tired to give expansive reasoning though. Was a tight little package. I do feel as far as... well beyond how I felt about it, Marvel hyped it up too much. I mean, with two unnecessary tie ins. I thought criticism of it from certain sources were weak... but yeah. I personally liked it and view it as fairly objectively good. I loved the Easter Eggs and clues it laid out for us.  

@The Dark Huntress:  Oh, those issues, like, even improve the whole experience in my opinion. I hope when its collected those issues are collected as well! 

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mercy_
    @SC I bought them yesterday. I read the first one, havent read the second.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    @SC I bought them yesterday. I read the first one, havent read the second.

Thats great!!!!! I hope you like them... I want to say something, but will wait until you read the second part in case i forgot which issue what I want to say about was in.. lol
    daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By daak1212

I heard that the Age of X:Universes werent so good, should I skip out on them and get the aftermaths' or will I be missing out on something?  I only have Alpha and 1-6, but as you see by my ava I loved rogue in it and her executioner status on the island.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @daak1212 said:
    I heard that the Age of X:Universes werent so good, should I skip out on them and get the aftermaths' or will I be missing out on something?  I only have Alpha and 1-6, but as you see by my ava I loved rogue in it and her executioner status on the island.

I think, in my opinion, skip out Age of X Universe. Since... well I mean, if you have read all of the main story, you sort of realize how... I guess insignificant they were... would be? The aftermath issues are much more relevant. Rogue didn't really have much story development (well none really) in Age of X Universe. 
    daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By daak1212
    @SC: For some reason I liked her role though.  Not really sure why but it is as you said,virtually no development except her falling in love with Remmy which isn't new.  Who was your favorite character? 
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @daak1212 said:
    @SC: For some reason I liked her role though.  Not really sure why but it is as you said,virtually no development except her falling in love with Remmy which isn't new.  Who was your favorite character? 

Oh, I just meant in the Age of X Universe issues sorry lol, thats why yeah. The tie ins. I loved Legacy/Reaper *smile*  

Rogue is my favorite character, in Age of X, and X-Men generally *smile* (but i have a lot of favorites really...)
    daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By daak1212
    @SC: Im starting to like her more now but I dont think really all that much changed about her from 616 except her reaping duties.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#13  Edited By xerox_kitty

I kind of regret the way that the 'Aftermath' issues were handled, as it seemed to take a U-Turn on many of my favourite things about the Age of X (Legacy & Gambit, Cyclops & Basilisk ;)

The 'Universe' issues are tie-ins.  They were timed badly, because by the time they came out we knew who X was & why the universe was so screwed up.  It really lessened the impact.  However, it does make nice background reading & gives some insight into the world of the Age of X outside of Fortress X.

crj25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By crj25

Sooooo good. I agree that the Age of X: Universe issues should be skipped, they're distracting and needless. I loved the characterizations of everyone in the books and hope that the effects are felt in 616, I especially loved Frenzy and Cyclops and I hope the tension between them is explored. I also like that there are lasting effects to what happened in the universe (i.e. Chamber, Hellion, Rachel, etc). On a side note, am i the only one who absolutely loved all of the costumes, Rogue's especially, followed by Gambit and Cyclops'. I wish more of them would follow Frenzy's idea of switching to her AoX look. But I digress, it may have been slightly overhyped, but it's a solid, interesting story, the art in my opinion was great, character design and writing was excellent and it sets up the return of Rachel, Alex, and Lorna from space (FINALLY) so in my book the writers pitched a no-hitter on this one, I highly recommend it. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.