Follow

Age of X

Story arc »

In a world without X-Men, humans attacked the mutant stronghold of Fortress X on a daily basis. Basilisk, Katherine Pryde, Legacy, Magneto & others struggled to uncover the lies surrounding their world; that the residents of Utopia were warped by a new personality created inside Legion's mind.

Age of X, Confusing Much?

• 70 results
    Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

#1  Edited By Hawkeye446

So I just caught up in Age of X, I  will admit I was really confused. Not just because I didn't recognise half the charcters, but It moved so fast I felt like I had missed some pages. This was mainly because of the mutant prison. So my question is... Why the heck are the mutants locking there own kind up?.. I read something about them being to unstable, but a prison just seems stupid. If you could elaborate, and maybe suggest your views on this I would be grateful.. 

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Bestostero

well not everything is black and white... you got humans helping mutants like Dr. Rao...and maybe they're mutants helping humans?  Its a possibility....im sure they'll elaborate on the situation more, but i think its just them trying to make us think and want to know more.

Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hawkeye446
    @xhavoc86: Ok, thanks, sometimes I am unsure whether it is meant to be "coded" for lack of a better word.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#4  Edited By xerox_kitty

There is supposed to be a lot of mystery surrounding the Brig.   

_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By _Sojourn_
    @xerox-kitty: I just picked it up today (and can say that I am pleasantly surprised) 
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @Slight: Good good!  What do you think about all the mysteries?  :)
    _Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By _Sojourn_
    @xerox-kitty: Well, Magneto is the leader of them all, it seems, with high commanders like Cannonbal and Rogue, and Gambit... All of whom are X Men.... I think it's not a mystery, more so a secret weapon. I think that they are holding the telepaths prisoner (or maybe they are being used) so that they can hopefully control the phoenix. And because Magneto is the leader, he will always have some sort of back up plan that if the first plan doesn't succeed then plan b will make sure no one would win. 
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @Slight: I like seeing Cannonball as a leader instead of Cyclops.  It's funny to see Basilisk as a second string 'hero' for a change :)
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By Magian
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @ComicMan24: Yep, and even they might not be.  
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Magian
    @xerox-kitty: What do you mean?
    Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hawkeye446

@xerox-kitty:
    Yes, that's the real mystery, why are the Telepaths locked up? It kind of fits in with that theory concerning X = Xavier.  

To elaborate it, Xavier is locked up right, so perhaps the telepaths are being used to keep him under wraps, and to make sure none of them get there own ideas, they are also. Kitty perhaps has a close relationship to X, after all she was given a task by them, hence why she is in also in prison (also to keep her from sneaking past the the walls). Magneto I think has imprisoned Xavier (being X) because Magneto is leading the Mutants how he wants it to be lead. Xavier however is sneaking past the psychic barrier and is helping the others the best he can, giving them advice.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By xerox_kitty
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Magian
    @xerox-kitty: Hmm... interesting theories.
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By ReVamp
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " @Slight: I like seeing Cannonball as a leader instead of Cyclops.  It's funny to see Basilisk as a second string 'hero' for a change :) "

Ah, so good! I really like the change in Cyclops' character and the Cannonball's. Like they were reversed aint it?! :P 
    _Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By _Sojourn_
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " @Slight: I like seeing Cannonball as a leader instead of Cyclops.  It's funny to see Basilisk as a second string 'hero' for a change :) "
    ME TOO...Oh, you have no idea of how much I loath Cyclops as a leader and character...(and I thought for a second that he was the magenta dude with one eye that could turn you to stone...I forget what issue it was but Magneto killed him...) I don't however think they'll let Cannonball have a full show, somehow, I feel that Cyc's gonna go emo again and attract attention to him... 
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#17  Edited By PrinceIMC

See I think the telepaths are being locked up because they are the ones who might be able to tell what's going on outside the force wall. Something Magneto and whoever X is are both hiding (I don't think X is Xavier).
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By John Valentine
    @xerox-kitty said:
    It's a reversal, in terms of leadership, of their normal roles. In 616 Sam seems to pretty much worship Scott; the same fondness is not delivered from Basilisk to Cannonball.
    Basilisk seems to be a very Wolverine-like member of the team with his effective "F^%k you" attitude to the person in control.
    _Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By _Sojourn_
    @John Valentine: True...Although, I really hope Cyc ends up fading away here...  

my only bone to pic was that they actually showed Jubilee, and she wasn't even doing anything...GRRRRR
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By John Valentine
    @Slight said:
    " @John Valentine: True...Although, I really hope Cyc ends up fading away here...   my only bone to pic was that they actually showed Jubilee, and she wasn't even doing anything...GRRRRR "
    He won't. He's too important to simply fade away but his role within the X-Men will change within following months. I do prefer Basilisk to normal Scott.  
     Which picture of Jubilee?
    _Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By _Sojourn_
    @John Valentine: I hope so.. I really like him as Basalisk as well...It's sooo much cooler than Cyclops... 

Jubes was on page five, on the two page art...She right next to Warpath or Berserker,,
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By John Valentine
    @Slight said:
    " @John Valentine: I hope so.. I really like him as Basalisk as well...It's sooo much cooler than Cyclops...  Jubes was on page five, on the two page art...She right next to Warpath or Berserker,, "
    Most characters have only been featured in limited capacity. There are so many characters for such little panel time. However, Jubilee has around a three page talk with Chamber at the beginning of New Mutants #22; you're in for a treat.
    _Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By _Sojourn_
    @John Valentine: Yeah, I know...I'm just saying, as an uber Jubilee fan, I'm sort of biased for more play time for her. 
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @John Valentine said:
    " @xerox-kitty said:
    It's a reversal, in terms of leadership, of their normal roles. In 616 Sam seems to pretty much worship Scott; the same fondness is not delivered from Basilisk to Cannonball.Basilisk seems to be a very Wolverine-like member of the team with his effective "F^%k you" attitude to the person in control. "
    I do get the feeling that Mike Carey is saying 'F-You' to everyone who's written Cannonball over the last few years.  Mike Carey was the last person to see the potential in Cannonball and write him as the former leader of a strong mutant team, instead of an insecure bumbling idiot.  Perhaps that's part of the reason why I like the role reversal. 

@PrinceIMC said:
    " See I think the telepaths are being locked up because they are the ones who might be able to tell what's going on outside the force wall. Something Magneto and whoever X is are both hiding (I don't think X is Xavier). "
    Ah yes, but is there anything outside of the Force Walls?  The photographs that Pryde took were all blank... why?
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#25  Edited By Mercy_

I LOVE Sam in this. ^_^

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#26  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " I do get the feeling that Mike Carey is saying 'F-You' to everyone who's written Cannonball over the last few years.  Mike Carey was the last person to see the potential in Cannonball and write him as the former leader of a strong mutant team, instead of an insecure bumbling idiot.  Perhaps that's part of the reason why I like the role reversal.  "
    Co-Signed. Never really been a Cannonball fan but his revamped style and tactical attitude in Age of X are winning me over.
    _Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By _Sojourn_
    @xerox-kitty: I still don't think that the telepaths have much to do with the outside...For me, the only reason they are being held, instead of out on the battle field, where they could be extremely useful is because they are constantly needed to keep another power in check... Magneto is a strategic mind in any universe... And like i said before, he always has a back up plan that supersedes the original plan. Kitty is probably a monkey wrench in any situation...It's known that the war between humanity and mutant kind is a constant thing so, it leads me to think that she is being used as a pawn by the humans...
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#28  Edited By Mercy_
    @Gambler said:
    " @xerox-kitty said:
    " I do get the feeling that Mike Carey is saying 'F-You' to everyone who's written Cannonball over the last few years.  Mike Carey was the last person to see the potential in Cannonball and write him as the former leader of a strong mutant team, instead of an insecure bumbling idiot.  Perhaps that's part of the reason why I like the role reversal.  "
    Co-Signed. Never really been a Cannonball fan but his revamped style and tactical attitude in Age of X are winning me over. "
    Sameeee here. Whole new appreciation for the character.
    Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Mutant God

at first I thought cyclops was a stupid name but why are their calling him Basalisk (basalisk is a snake)        
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By PrinceIMC
    @xerox-kitty said:
    @PrinceIMC said:
    " See I think the telepaths are being locked up because they are the ones who might be able to tell what's going on outside the force wall. Something Magneto and whoever X is are both hiding (I don't think X is Xavier). "
    Ah yes, but is there anything outside of the Force Walls?  The photographs that Pryde took were all blank... why? "

Well here's my theory. After Magneto had everyone sealed inside the force walls he formed a plan with X (who I think is Mr. Sinister) and they ended up destroying the world. However Magneto knows that the rest of the mutants wouldn't have agreed with it so he's keeping them under control by making it look like humans are still trying to attack them. Sinister is brewing up clone human cannon fodded for the mutants to fight while they wait for the radiation or whatever to fade away. So Age of X Universe that shows what's going on with the Avengers and stuff is just going to be a lead up to what Magneto did to wipe them all out.....course I guess there would still be something out there for Kitty to take picture of not nothing....so maybe the Earth is really completely gone so they're floating through space or the void between dimensions until they can get somewhere safe.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @Mutant God said:
    " at first I thought cyclops was a stupid name but why are their calling him Basalisk (basalisk is a snake)         "
    Looks like it's time to watch Harry Potter... a Basilisk is a mythological creature that can kill with it's stare :)  Or at least turn everyone into a frozen statue (living death) in Hogwarts ;)

@PrinceIMC said:
    "Well here's my theory. After Magneto had everyone sealed inside the force walls he formed a plan with X (who I think is Mr. Sinister) and they ended up destroying the world. However Magneto knows that the rest of the mutants wouldn't have agreed with it so he's keeping them under control by making it look like humans are still trying to attack them. Sinister is brewing up clone human cannon fodded for the mutants to fight while they wait for the radiation or whatever to fade away. So Age of X Universe that shows what's going on with the Avengers and stuff is just going to be a lead up to what Magneto did to wipe them all out.....course I guess there would still be something out there for Kitty to take picture of not nothing....so maybe the Earth is really completely gone so they're floating through space or the void between dimensions until they can get somewhere safe. "
    Yes, I have a feeling that 'outside' the Force Walls isn't the clear cut human world that we're all meant to think it is.  Like Fortress X is some sort of pocket dimension, or maybe their 'memories' of this world are all made up.   

But, as for Sinister...
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By PrinceIMC
    Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Mutant God

whats up with them naming him after mythological creatures (cyclops, basalisk whats next troll)    
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By John Valentine
    @xerox-kitty said:
    "Yes, I have a feeling that 'outside' the Force Walls isn't the clear cut human world that we're all meant to think it is.  Like Fortress X is some sort of pocket dimension, or maybe their 'memories' of this world are all made up.   

But, as for Sinister... "
    Then how would you explain the Avengers? It seems sensible to focus on Fortress X, considering this is where the all the remaining mutants are hiding. We've also only had two issues of the actual story so far, disregarding the set up of Age of X: Alpha.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @PrinceIMC: I think it's best to rule him out.  Mike Carey has said that we're not going to see the usual major players as threats in this story (ie no Apocalypse, Stryfe, Sinister). 

@Mutant God: Why not?  It's better than "Eyelidless man"
    Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Mutant God
    @xerox-kitty: 

I rather name something simple like optik, kaos, blast
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By PrinceIMC
    @xerox-kitty:
    Darn. You're probably right then. But I still stand by the rest of my theories.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @Mutant God: Too short & crude.  Basilisk is something to be feared. 

@PrinceIMC: Oh, I think you're on to something.  I also think that there's nothing outside of the Force Walls... But why?
    Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Mutant God
    @xerox-kitty: 

but its a snake. At least he coulda take his brother's name of Havok since Alex is dead
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By PrinceIMC
    @Mutant God:
    I kinda like Basilisk. His first codename was Cyclops after all because the visor he wore only had one slit so it was as if he only had one eye. Basilisk is another mythological creature but one that you don't want to look in the eyes. And I like the scary mask thing that opens.
    Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Mutant God

yeah I get that. I just would rather have him name after his power not what he looks like
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By PrinceIMC
    @Mutant God:
    It gets boring if everyone is just named after their power. Wolverine would be 'Claws' or maybe 'Klaws' to be more edgy. Cyclops had the best name of the original X-Men because he wasn't Angel or Iceman or Beast.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @Mutant God said:
    " yeah I get that. I just would rather have him name after his power not what he looks like "
    Like I said, the Basilisk can kill with it's stare.  Therefore it is an appropriate name that describes his power.
    Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Mutant God

I thought he would be called wolverine because he has the abilities of a wolverine. ha-ha edgy
    Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Hawkeye446
    @xerox-kitty:
    @PrinceIMC: 

I am pretty sure Kitty mentioned that she left the lense cap over the camera, so all the photos came out blank....
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @Hawkeye446: She was being sarcastic (digital point-and-click cameras don't have a lens cap ;).  Katherine (she isn't 'Kitty') thought Legacy was there to interrogate her, so she was being sarcastic & unco-operative.
    _Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By _Sojourn_
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " @Mutant God said:
    " yeah I get that. I just would rather have him name after his power not what he looks like "
    Like I said, the Basilisk can kill with it's stare.  Therefore it is an appropriate name that describes his power. "
    I still don't like it...I just reminds me of this guy  

No Caption Provided
    TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By TheCrowbar
    @Slight said:
    " @xerox-kitty said:
    " @Mutant God said:
    Like I said, the Basilisk can kill with it's stare.  Therefore it is an appropriate name that describes his power. "
    I still don't like it...I just reminds me of this guy  

No Caption Provided
    "
    You think a Basilisk is a pink pokemon dude?
    _Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By _Sojourn_
    @TheCrowbar: No... That was a character in another X-Men series (oddly enough, he was in the issues with Xorn) but his name was Basilisk and that's who I think of...
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @Slight: Awwwww, but he was a good guy really, who was willing to go on a date with Martha Johansson :)

Besides, I prefer Scott as Basilisk than as Cyclops ;)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.