Age of X: Checklist

• 71 results
#1 Posted by xerox_kitty (15760 posts) - - Show Bio

This flier is readily available & free to pick up from your local comic shops.  The checklist is official: 

January

Age of X Alpha 

February 

Chapter 1: X-Men Legacy #245  
Chapter 2 : New Mutants #22 

March

Chapter 3: X-Men Legacy #246 
Chapter 4: New Mutants #23 
Age of X Universe #1 

April

Chapter 5: X-Men Legacy #247 
Chapter 6: New Mutants #24 
Age of X Universe #2  

Age of X: Checklist
#2 Posted by Baddamdog (2222 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty: Thank you!!
#3 Posted by Calix (487 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty:  Thanks very curious to see this
#4 Posted by aztek_the_lost (30740 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh, I obviously had the wrong idea about this...I was getting excited because I thought this was going to be self-contained books like Age of Apocalypse, but if it's all tie-ins to current ongoing titles, I'm no longer interested (although, surprisingly, it's a lot smaller of an event then I thought, only 6 chapters?).

#5 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost said:
" Ugh, I obviously had the wrong idea about this...I was getting excited because I thought this was going to be self-contained books like Age of Apocalypse, but if it's all tie-ins to current ongoing titles, I'm no longer interested (although, surprisingly, it's a lot smaller of an event then I thought, only 6 chapters?). "
Nine.
#6 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio

interesting that it is only New Mutants and Legacy, not Uncanny.
#7 Posted by Mercy_ (92083 posts) - - Show Bio

This is something that I will be picking up as issues come out instead of waiting for trades. I have a thing for alternate universes. xP

#8 Posted by xerox_kitty (15760 posts) - - Show Bio
@jordama: @aztek the lost: Originally it was only going to be in X-Men: Legacy, but Mike Carey had the opportunity to steal the New Mutants for a few months after Zeb Wells left. 

Personally, I would have preferred an Age of Apocalypse style story that completely took over all titles & renamed them all.  Instead, this feels like Necrosha did... Super exciting at first, but pretty anti-climactic when Uncanny X-Men revealed that all the characters had survived & were okay :p
#9 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7497 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost:  Self contained books you say, in this day and age? My dear fellow where would the profit be in that!
#10 Posted by Jake Fury (17924 posts) - - Show Bio

I love these little checklist flashcards.
#11 Posted by longbowhunter (5838 posts) - - Show Bio

Thankfully it wont be crossing over into any "X" titles I buy.
#12 Posted by Rheged (619 posts) - - Show Bio

Coolness.  Thanks for posting that!

#13 Posted by Vance Astro (90727 posts) - - Show Bio

If this event sucks..I'm really done with current continuity Marvel.

#14 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14026 posts) - - Show Bio

Glad not an xforce tie in crossover still undecided on this myself

#15 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
"@jordama:  Instead, this feels like Necrosha did... Super exciting at first, but pretty anti-climactic when Uncanny X-Men revealed that all the characters had survived & were okay :p "

Well, Onyxx died...
#16 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio
@jordama said:
"Well, Onyxx died... "
Please, Onyx was a nobody.  

So looking forward to this!
#17 Posted by xerox_kitty (15760 posts) - - Show Bio
@jordama: Sorry, but I have to agree with JV.  Onyxx has always been a background character and a second rate Rockslide.  I know my previous comment was a bit of a sweeping statement... but the message still stands; the pre-Necrosha hype threatened to kill off anyone.  In the end Onyxx and one other sideline character died.   

But Necrosha was a cross-over that effected peripheral x-titles.  It didn't effect the main Uncanny X-Men.  Just as Age of X is only going to effect New Mutants & Legacy.  The only thing it's missing is X-Force which has finished.  So although I'm looking forward to Age of X, I don''t want it to have the same sense of anti-climax.
#18 Posted by queenfrost_ (2499 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully it will be made in to a Graphic Novel after the arc ends

#19 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio
@queenfrost_ said:
" Hopefully it will be made in to a Graphic Novel after the arc ends "
Of course it will. Marvel collects everything in trade/hardcover format.
#20 Posted by Hawkling (178 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't forget Meld and Diamond Lil died during Necrosha also.  Sure they weren't main roster X-men, but I've always liked Meld. His powers were visually gripping in the Sentinel O*N*E decimation book. this was also around the time I started reading so it was cool to see a mutant working inside one of the death machines programmed to destroy them. the whole decimation series was really good imo.

#21 Posted by xerox_kitty (15760 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hawkling: I felt sorry for Lil.  Meld rates even lower than Onyxx on the scale of importance.  But that really wasn't my point.  Necrosha made zero impact in the lives of the X-Men.  It was a peripheral cross-over, just as the Age of X will be.   

This is not a Necrosha thread.  I merely made a comparison of story arcs.  It wasn't an open invitation to discuss other stories.
#22 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" @Hawkling: I felt sorry for Lil.  Meld rates even lower than Onyxx on the scale of importance.  But that really wasn't my point.  Necrosha made zero impact in the lives of the X-Men.  It was a peripheral cross-over, just as the Age of X will be.   

This is not a Necrosha thread.  I merely made a comparison of story arcs.  It wasn't an open invitation to discuss other stories. "
True, but Age of X is an alternative present, so world-changing events can realistically transpire.
#23 Posted by xerox_kitty (15760 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine said:
"True, but Age of X is an alternative present, so world-changing events can realistically transpire. "
Yeah, but only in two titles.  Marvel must publish over 50 titles a month (sometimes it seems like there's more than 50 a week ;) so it's hardly going to change the X-Men's world in the long run.  
#24 Posted by Illyana Rasputin (2771 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
" This is something that I will be picking up as issues come out instead of waiting for trades. I have a thing for alternate universes. xP "
Me, too. It's fun to see writers and creators shake things up.
#25 Posted by mistersarcastic (324 posts) - - Show Bio

January couldn't get here any slower, huh? I want that first issue already >_>
*sets up camp* Le Sigh...

#26 Posted by Mercy_ (92083 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" @jordama: @aztek the lost: Originally it was only going to be in X-Men: Legacy, but Mike Carey had the opportunity to steal the New Mutants for a few months after Zeb Wells left.  Personally, I would have preferred an Age of Apocalypse style story that completely took over all titles & renamed them all.  Instead, this feels like Necrosha did... Super exciting at first, but pretty anti-climactic when Uncanny X-Men revealed that all the characters had survived & were okay :p "
Agreed.
#27 Posted by CATPANEXE (9366 posts) - - Show Bio

<--- i should hurry up and finish Curse Of The Mutants ):

#28 Posted by Mercy_ (92083 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATPANEXE said:
" <--- i should hurry up and finish Curse Of The Mutants ): "
Haven't even started it. I read trades. What I like about Age of X is that I don't have to be completely caught up because it's an alternate reality. 
#29 Posted by CATPANEXE (9366 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress: 
something tells me im going to read the main five issues and pass on the tie-in with Curse.
opinions of it seem really low, though i love vampires and X-Men so who knows.
im skipping a lot of things as far as catching up are concerned with interest of getting with the times.
tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many crossovers in the big houses. >.<
#30 Posted by queenfrost_ (2499 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait! I caught up on X-Men only last week (from Sisterhood) during the holidays

#31 Posted by Virus_Warning (206 posts) - - Show Bio

Every time I see this list is seems to be longer
Which is cool
Even though not many others seem all that excited I love the idea
I have a thing for alternate universes
-Virus

#32 Posted by umbrafeline (5300 posts) - - Show Bio

i might pick this up
#33 Posted by Mercy_ (92083 posts) - - Show Bio
@Virus_Warning
Every time I see this list is seems to be longer
Which is cool
Even though not many others seem all that excited I love the idea
I have a thing for alternate universes
-Virus
QFT
#34 Posted by Mercy_ (92083 posts) - - Show Bio

Do we know the exact release date? Or only sometime in January?

#35 Posted by Virus_Warning (206 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress: 
 Somewhere I think I saw 1/26/2011...but I don't know where
So that's what I think it is so far
-Virus
#36 Posted by Final Arrow (24359 posts) - - Show Bio

Woot

#37 Posted by xerox_kitty (15760 posts) - - Show Bio

Zing! 

Mutankind’s final war starts here in the X-Event that has everyone talking! Age of X: Alpha #1, from the creative team of New York Times Best-Selling writer Mike Carey and rising star artists Mirco Pierfederici, Paul Davidson, Gabriel Hernandez Walta, Harvey Tolibao and Carlo Barberi, kicks off the next big X-Men epic that will change the course of Mutantkind forever.  The survival of their species rests on the shoulders of the few remaining mutants who are on their last leg. Who is this mysterious group and at what length will they go to keep their kind alive? Get your answers to these questions and more in the explosive opener that will leave X-Fans immediately demanding more, Age Of X: Alpha #1!

AGE OF X: ALPHA #1 (NOV100514)
AGE OF X: ALPHA #1 COIPEL VARIANT (NOV10515)
Written by MIKE CAREY
Pencils by MIRCO PIERFEDERICI, PAUL DAVIDSON, GABRIEL HERNANDEZ WALTA, HARVEY TOLIBAO & CARLO BARBERI
Cover by CHRIS BACHALO
Variant Cover by OLIVIER COIPEL
Rated A…$3.99
FOC – 1/3/11, On-Sale – 1/26/11

#38 Posted by Mercy_ (92083 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty YES! Two days after my birthday!

@Virus_Warning The solicit that xerox-kitty provided coincides with your statement.
#39 Posted by drunknesmonsta (2 posts) - - Show Bio

I am looking forward to the Age of X. I have read that there are reasons why certain mutants such as Sinister and Apocalypse will not be included and I am interested as to why. The same goes for Xavier. That being said, I remember reading that after The Scarlet Witch caused the Decimation, that not only mutants in the 616 lost their powers, but mutants in other realites were affected as well. I'm curious as to how this universe seemed to escape that fate. According to QR readers that I have seen, this universe had it's own Decimation in the form of the Exonim Sentinel units that drastically reduced the mutant population. I'm new to the forum and this site in particular but it's just a small thing that has been bugging me that I have not seen addressed in any of the interviews that are out there. I'm not sure how to even find this particular thread again to check for a response. Well either way, thanks!
#40 Posted by unicornpuncher (417 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope its better than curse of the vampires.

I liked Necrosha but it seemed to have a real quick ending for all the buildup it had.  Curse of the Mutants was ok, but kind of underwhelming.  Hopefully this will be a good kick in the pants!

#41 Posted by antemiusenteri (216 posts) - - Show Bio

i knew scott was down with the swirl 

#42 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio

And it begins ^_^
#43 Posted by xerox_kitty (15760 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't forget... Age of X Alpha is out this week!

Tomorrow (Wednesday) if you're in the US.  The day after (Thursday) if you're in the UK.  Sorry about the rest of the world, I don't know when your 'new comics day' is :)

Remember, if it's anything with major spoilers then please use the SPOILER TAG button :)

#44 Posted by Mercy_ (92083 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
"

Tomorrow (Wednesday) if you're in the US.  The day after (Thursday) if you're in the UK.  Sorry about the rest of the world, I don't know when your 'new comics day' is :)

Remember, if it's anything with major spoilers then please use the SPOILER TAG button :)

"
I haven't been to the LCS in a few months, I've been conserving my money by buying trades...but this is just too good to wait. I'm definitely making a trip tomorrow. 
#45 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
"

"
In London we get our comics on a Wednesday :)!
#46 Posted by xerox_kitty (15760 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine: So, if you grab an extra copy for me and hop on a train, I can read it about... 16:00 tomorrow? ;) 
#47 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" @John Valentine: So, if you grab an extra copy for me and hop on a train, I can read it about... 16:00 tomorrow? ;)  "
Where do you live?
#48 Posted by xerox_kitty (15760 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine: Near Birmingham... Grab comics at lunchtime, get here by the afternoon ;) 

Or, I could just wait the extra day like normal... :)
#49 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" @John Valentine: Near Birmingham... Grab comics at lunchtime, get here by the afternoon ;)  Or, I could just wait the extra day like normal... :) "
Well, if you're being so reasonable I'll oblige you with your latter request. 

I'm surprised that you don't also get new comics on Wednesday also. Shops such as Forbidden Planet and a few others have been releasing new issues on a Wednesday since the beginning of the year.
#50 Posted by xerox_kitty (15760 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine: My local FP used to, but the costs ended up being too much.  I can understand that.  TBH I'm surprised that FP London still ship them over in advance.  Technically you're getting new issues before anyone in America ;)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.