Follow

Age of Ultron

Story arc »

Marvel's first 2013 crossover event, the Earth is plunged into chaos when Ultron returns and conquers it.

Age Of Ultron series.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
    New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By New_World_Order

Who's enjoying the Age Of Ultron series so far? I am. It's pretty good, and you should pick it up if you haven't. Put down what you think.

Spoiler Alert !

Also what do you think about Black Panther cracking his neck? Do you think he died, or is something wrong here?

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone?

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

@thundergodswrath: It hasn't met my expectations of how good I thought it would be, but I am still enjoying the story. It is going very slowly and there seems to be more splash pages of rubble than content, but I still like. I think it will really start to pick up.

I surprised at how 'easily' he died with all his reflexes, but I think it fits with the tone of the story.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thundergodswrath: It hasn't met my expectations of how good I thought it would be, but I am still enjoying the story. It is going very slowly and there seems to be more splash pages of rubble than content, but I still like. I think it will really start to pick up.

I surprised at how 'easily' he died with all his reflexes, but I think it fits with the tone of the story.

I agree. have you read issue four yet? It's good, I won't spoil if you haven't.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By kidchipotle

It's definitely slow, but I love "alternate apocalyptic" time lines, no matter how many there are (if done well).

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I did read it. I definitely think that it is a step in the right direction. It is just hard to believe that this event is already 40% over and not much seems to have happened. It's a good thing that this is shipping weekly for the most part so it doesn't feel as drawn out. Could you imagine if this was 4 months in, and this was all that has happened. I still feel like they are spending a lot of times on things that don't matter and then breeze through the important parts. I'm interested to see what happens in issue 5 next week that is so controversial per the solicit.

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm enjoying it.

I like the fact that the story is "in medias res" (in the middle of things) where we don't know how this came about.

I'm enjoying the fact that things truly feel to be on the line. I'm not taking the survival of anyone in this story for granted.

Hitch's art is lovely, as usual, and appearing regularly at this point.

I don't have a ton to complain about yet, and I haven't enjoyed the past couple Marvel events (well..3 or 4 actually) very much.

Greenfort

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is a bit slow, but I do like it!

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thundergodswrath said:

I did read it. I definitely think that it is a step in the right direction. It is just hard to believe that this event is already 40% over and not much seems to have happened. It's a good thing that this is shipping weekly for the most part so it doesn't feel as drawn out. Could you imagine if this was 4 months in, and this was all that has happened. I still feel like they are spending a lot of times on things that don't matter and then breeze through the important parts. I'm interested to see what happens in issue 5 next week that is so controversial per the solicit.

I agree with all of this.

Bogey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Bogey

Mehhh.. I haven't really liked it so far. It pales in comparison to how intense Rotworld started out.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 the_stegman  Moderator

So far, so boring.

RtistikWun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I personally think it's pretty good. The pace is a little slow, but that's okay with me as long as it's moving the plot forward. I feel invested in the characters and understand this world they're in a little better. I like it a lot more than a lot of other maxi-series where there's so many crossovers and tie-ins I can't keep track of what's going on. Can you say AVX? Bendis is an excellent storyteller so I'm sure the action is really going to kick in with the next few issues.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I personally think it's pretty good. The pace is a little slow, but that's okay with me as long as it's moving the plot forward. I feel invested in the characters and understand this world they're in a little better. I like it a lot more than a lot of other maxi-series where there's so many crossovers and tie-ins I can't keep track of what's going on. Can you say AVX? Bendis is an excellent storyteller so I'm sure the action is really going to kick in with the next few issues.

I hope they show what happened. Like how it all started. I want to see how Hulk & Thor died. I'm very curious on that.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.