Follow

Age of Apocalypse

Story arc »

This story takes place on Earth-295, an alternate Marvel universe. After the death of Charles Xavier at the hands of his own son Legion, his friend Magneto gathers a group of mutants to fight against the oppressive reign of Apocalypse.

What's With All the Alternate Realities?

• 54 results
    simsey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By simsey

wow did not know dat it only finished up in oct/nov over here on english/irish tv dat sucks dont think it was 2 years tho oh well il get over it i taught it was a good show but these things happen
    Le Chiffre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Le Chiffre

I'm a fan of a couple Alternate Reality/Alternate Future storylines. Red Sun Superman, The Dark Knight Returns, House of M, AoA, etc etc. Never been a fan of Exiles or the What If series though.

ninjadude853

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#53  Edited By ninjadude853
    @leokearon said:
    " I actually did a funny feature about the different types of Alternate Realities. I might put it unto my Deviantart Account and then link it if anyone wants me to "
    please do
    Avatar image for the_sharp_dressed_lady
    The Sharp Dressed Lady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goldenkey said:

" The ultimate line is my favorite because the characters were modernized "

I love the Ultimates, but they were more variations of the original characters than contemporaries. The present mainstream characters are more the modern versions of the originals.    
    darkxman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By darkxman123

I love Alt realitys they give new spin on asome show what life would be like if something happend in main stream that dident  

i love some of the alt verses like 

No Caption Provided
               i know some people dont  like them but i do 
    Haustyl12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By Haustyl12

I love alternate universes because you can finally take a break from the original story and see comics in a different direction.  

I love marvel zombies and the issue of deadpool merc with a mouth where deadpool and headpool go threw different universes.  

I don't really like what ifs? though
    00 Raiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By 00 Raiser
    @Primmaster64:  Oh yeah the Marvel, DC crossover. LOL Magneto and the Magnetic Men. Yeah that was pretty freaking awesome. Cobalt was my favorite.
    John_Martone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By John_Martone

The thing about alternate realities, for me, is that they offer an opportunity one of two things
    1) The ability deal (once again) with the core components of characters, relieved from the web of interactions with pre-existing obligations and connections to currently running works.
    2) The ability to make decisions that, in all honesty, would be wayyyyy to hard to make in an normal work. Like, in alternate realities you can actually kill someone. very refreshing. Heck, in early Exiles they made it a point to kill a main character like, every other issue or so.

Also, yes, I agree. Despite the years between in, Age of Apocalypse is still incredibly fresh feeling. I usually make a run through the entire collection every other year or so.

SigersonLTD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By SigersonLTD

I've always believed that The Crisis on Infinite Earths was a mistake....

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.