Follow

Age of Apocalypse

Story arc »

This story takes place on Earth-295, an alternate Marvel universe. After the death of Charles Xavier at the hands of his own son Legion, his friend Magneto gathers a group of mutants to fight against the oppressive reign of Apocalypse.

Marvel To Launch AGE OF APOCALYPSE Ongoing In March

• 78 results
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Been waiting yeaaaaars for this

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#52  Edited By sora_thekey

I wonder if this is the beginning of a new Marvel line along with Regular Marvel U, Ultimate U and Marvel Adventures?

Either way I'm excited. I've heard so many good stuff come out of the Uncanny X-Force book that I want to read it. Didn't when the book first came out so I am going to collect the trades for this series.

thechessclub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By thechessclub

@narwen said:

no I didn't read Point One because it's rare for me to read anything from marvel anymore

THIS!

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#54  Edited By Decept-O

The artwork previewed looks absolutely astounding. Whoa.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#55  Edited By Magian

I am checking this one. Definitely.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#56  Edited By TDK_1997  Online

Marvel don't have anymore bright ideas?It looks that way.

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#57  Edited By tonis

@narwen said:

You're right, I'm clearly NOT following the arc because I've gotten tired of Marvel going back to the same well all the time. DC may have pissed off people by rebooting their universe and pretending they didn't but at least they're doing new stuff

I have to say I totally agree, Marvel has made it's mutantverse so convulated and confusing that it's difficult to understand. It makes me miss the days back in the 80's when there was just X-Men and New Mutants. Things may not have been so dramatic, but at least it wasn't difficult or expensive to keep up and the stories were solid.

Now it's like unless you can read every mutant title over many years, and live with the inconsistencies between them, you've got plot holes everywhere. I know they wanna sell more titles, but by continuously diluting the pool as they have with them, it's made it less appealing to want to follow.

shrmntnk62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#58  Edited By shrmntnk62

I love the Age of Apocalypse. It's actually one of the things that got me to start buying comics regularly. I love how everything is changed Beast a sadist? Sabretooth a hero? Sign me up. I'm really looking forward to this book, but I have a feeling it will get canceled early on.

NyxEquitis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By NyxEquitis

@Babs said:

@frozenedge said:

Can't believe nobodies excited for AoA returning. Well I'm excited since AoA was awesome when it was around

I'm actually excited. I think it sounds interesting. :o)

mrzero1982pt2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By mrzero1982pt2

the AoA universe, or series was one of those things marvel did when their back was against the wall and was AMAZING. caused almost as much buzz as the new 52 did, maybe more and almost 20 years later (yes folks, it has been THAT long 16 years since the beginning in 95) and it still resides in my memory. now it is like marvel is pooping on that classic story. id admit uxm was amazing in that universe, but it is something which should be left alone. and yet another point one issue. marvel is in need of a reboot.

daredeville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#61  Edited By daredeville

@SHERLOCKCATEXE said:

@daredeville said:

Did we ever see DD in the AoA at all...?

Yes! Daredevil had a prominent role in the mini series X-Universe in the classic Age Of Apocalypse series working for the horseman Mikhail Rasputin, and was very cool indeed!

No Caption Provided

Thanks! I had a feeling we might have, but when AoA was going on, I was strictly an X-Men reader (oh adolescence), and didn't realize who half these characters were in X-Universe. I'll have to go dig into my archives and check out how my man DD handled things! If he was working with one of the Horsemen, do we think he is a "hero" in this new series or what...? Hmm..

DXmagma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By DXmagma

I look forward to seeing where X-temrinated goes in this.

DXmagma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By DXmagma

@jcbart said:

Looks like it could be very good! Interesting to hear that the heroes we've been seeing are all humans. I haven't read the .1 though, so are their identities revealed in that?

Yeah. I'm not really up on my x-men villains but I know they were all out spoken anti-mutant characters in 616. I know for a fact Red Prophet is Stryker.

csimon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By csimon

Can't wait

SHERLOCKCATEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By SHERLOCKCATEXE

@daredeville:

First, X-Universe= great series. My favorite AoA character came from that, being AoA Gwen Stacy. It focused on the humans in AoA specifically, and featured people like Sue Storm, Ben Grimm, Tony Stark, Victor Von Doom, Bruce Banner, Matt Murdock, all members of The Human Council listed here to be short about it.Very worth picking up the two back issues, or two-in-one trade if you can find it. Having read it and said that it's easy to see where the new AoA book advertised here continues on the events of this book (also of Weapon X for that matter) and is faithful to the AoA story and universe.

To answer your question it was revealed in X-Universe...

Matt made the decision to ultimately to become a hero in X-Universe. It would be the origin of the character we see now.
    Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Eyz

On-going, or "Maxi-series"?

With AoA back, is it only me or is it a matter of time before we have 2099 back as well :P

(the 2010s are like thhe 90s all over again...in movie remakes/sequels, comics, games, etc..)

jsphsmth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#67  Edited By jsphsmth

Sounds great. I love hopeless battles against overwhelming odds, ie Terminator Salvation, Demon Knights, etc.

I was hoping DC would do something like this with Freedom Fighters in the multiverse. Marvel got there first, so they get my $3.

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#68  Edited By TheGoldenOne
    I have mixed feelings about this :/
    daredeville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#69  Edited By daredeville

@SHERLOCKCATEXE said:

@daredeville:

First, X-Universe= great series. My favorite AoA character came from that, being AoA Gwen Stacy. It focused on the humans in AoA specifically, and featured people like Sue Storm, Ben Grimm, Tony Stark, Victor Von Doom, Bruce Banner, Matt Murdock, all members of The Human Council listed here to be short about it.Very worth picking up the two back issues, or two-in-one trade if you can find it. Having read it and said that it's easy to see where the new AoA book advertised here continues on the events of this book (also of Weapon X for that matter) and is faithful to the AoA story and universe.

To answer your question it was revealed in X-Universe...

Matt made the decision to ultimately to become a hero in X-Universe. It would be the origin of the character we see now.

Awesome! Thanks for the response! As you started talking about it, I definitely remember reading it! I specifically remember Emma Frost in there, and some other details. Very cool, I definitely have them squirreled away somewhere, and will have to read them this winter! Thanks! Okay, and if that is definitely Matt Murdock/Daredevil, I will be picking up this series... You may have noticed that I'm a fan...! :P

redhood21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By redhood21

I dont understand the "not this again" attitude. DC reboots and they get as much hate as they do praise. AoA may not be an original story line, but that doesn't mean every possible story in AoA has been told. For those readers who never read AoA or are younger it will be totally new. And for those reading Uncanny X-Force you should be and most likely are excited. If you are not reading Uncanny X-Force.....I pitty you and will start a charitable organization in your name.

rokusan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By rokusan23

I'm a noob at comics. Just got hooked a few months ago. I've done my homework and seen this from old reviews. I'm excited for this. I hope they also throw in some new faces :3

Belladonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#72  Edited By Belladonna

Hope Dazzler shows up again

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#73  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Looking forward to this.

lantern8685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By lantern8685

I'm a fan of the original AoA, and for years I wanted them to make an AoA ongoing. While I am excited that they are doing so at last, I have been unhappy with the previous sequel material. The New Age of Apocalypse book was inconsistant in some areas (like how fast they rebuilt, etc) and that just continued in the Exiles books. I just feel like they should have used Blink to start fresh, have her return to AOA at the moment she left, maybe even with some information about Jean and Sinister, and whatever else, and change the course of that timeline (maybe it causes the creation of a second AOA reality). There was all that mystery about what happened to AOA Morph, Wild Child, Iceman, Exodus, etc, why couldn't they have been sent to call on the sorcerer supreme and his hidden mystics to prevent the nukes from destroying the world? Anyway, all I'm saying is that the AOA sequel material that has been created until now has not been very well thought out and has consistancy problems, so I hope they don't make those mistakes with this new series.

Avatar image for unbreakableburr
    unbreakableburr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By unbreakableburr

@lantern8685: Everything you said. This looks like crap and I am sick of Wolverine in everything. Again. Some more.

Prophet_AoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Prophet_AoA

IT'S A CONTINUATION PEOPLE!!!

Grendel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#77  Edited By Grendel

Keep Dark Beast in the 616

lantern8685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By lantern8685

So, AOA 1 out tomorrow, heres hoping its good.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.