Video Review: Adventure Comics #516

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

A new creative team is slowly putting their stamp on Adventure Comics focusing more on the Legion of Super Heroes. Is the book entertaining or is it just a little too talky?

spider-pig23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By spider-pig23

nice review

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By danhimself

you pretty much said all of my thoughts on the book...way to talky...I got sick of deciphering Brande's messed up english...I'm used to seeing Superboy with a younger Legion and I wonder if they wiped Superboy's memory after taking him back to the present cause they sure did talk about Last Stand on New Krypton way to much.

my biggest gripe about this book is that they took Superboy (Conner) out of the book to focus on the Legion only to launch another Legion series and another Superboy series is coming up soon...what's the point...I've grown to really like the Legion recently but do they need two books right now?

lostlantern13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 162

#3  Edited By lostlantern13

YESSSSSSSSS! I always said this site could use more inferiorego and now we get video reviews!  

Would you recommend this book to someone who has always wanted to give the LOSH a try or is that someone (dunno why I'm saying someone when it's me I'm talking about....) best suited to find something more....exciting?

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @lostlantern13 said:
    "

YESSSSSSSSS! I always said this site could use more inferiorego and now we get video reviews!  

Would you recommend this book to someone who has always wanted to give the LOSH a try or is that someone (dunno why I'm saying someone when it's me I'm talking about....) best suited to find something more....exciting?

"
    Thank you!
    Try reading the main Legion of Super-Heroes book, that's a little better than Adventure Comics. It's hard to get into LOSH though, I never found a great starting point, I just dived right in.
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Magian

Good review. I like the Legion of Superheroes but I never liked the whole thing with time travels. It can be a mess if not done right.

shawn87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 602

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By shawn87

nicely explained review 

im new to Legion Of Superheroes....i do want to start reading them though they seem very interesting

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By danhimself
    @inferiorego said:
    " @lostlantern13 said:
    "

"
    Thank you! Try reading the main Legion of Super-Heroes book, that's a little better than Adventure Comics. It's hard to get into LOSH though, I never found a great starting point, I just dived right in. "
    I started with Mark Waid's Legion book...it's a completely different Legion than the one that's currently in Adventure Comics and Legion but it's a really good book....then I read Legion of Three Worlds and went from there
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#8  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Awesome Review, 'ego! Hope to see more video reviews!!!! :D

couzinit99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9  Edited By couzinit99

GO INFERIOREGO!!!!! LOVE the fact that ur doing videos now!!! Hope to see more coming. As for ur review, well, i kinda dropped this book a couple weeks ago.  I read the first part of the new Legion of Superheroes Acr and really wasn't that excited for it so i dropped it.  WHAT I AM EXCITED ABOUT is your video reviews. Freakin' Amazing dude. Keep 'em coming! :D
    Jord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By Jord

Cool video! 

I'm not sold on the current state of the Legion... I got into the team when i found some really cheap back issues of the 3rd volume (starting with issue 17 there were no ads!) and then became a HUGE fan with the post-Zero-Hour reboot. 

BTW, that era is a pretty good jumping-on point for new Legion fans.  The trade paperback of the first issues, entitled 'Beginning of Tomorrow,' is still in print and a solid read.  Of course, that recommendation comes with the disclaimer that that particular iteration is one of the two that DID NOT survive Legion of 3 Worlds...
    ComicCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By ComicCrazy

great review! I would love to see more video reviews from inferiorego

04nbod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By 04nbod

There is a reason behing Brainiac's jerkery though. He doesn't like cockraches, the time trapper's motif is the cockroach. He really doesn't like dealing with death which makes sense with what was revealed in Supergirl #52. To be honest, I think they just wanted the origin done, its in the cartoon series, its in every volume of the comic ever. Its just what you need to know and get out of the way so that you can get on with the story. If you wanted it more spread out I suggest Secrets of the Legion of Super-Heroes that does this over 3 issues. Actually this issue was basically that series in one.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By gmanfromheck

Nice. Great job summing it all up.

RomaTotti10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RomaTotti10

Thanks for the video review. Great job.

I would give this issue a 3/5 and that is mostly because of the backup story with the Atom which I thought was pretty interesting. Now I know the Atom is faster than Superman.

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By doordoor123

LOL i got this issue for the second feature. LOL
    I could care less for legion. But i will read any brightest day tie-in.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By NightFang3

Cool review video.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.