Cyclops Vs. Wolverine

#1 Posted by hell_demon (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Could Cyclops blast through Wolverines anamantiaum with out his visor.

#2 Posted by fivestarga (239 posts) - - Show Bio
@hell_demon
Quite possibly. I'm pretty sure the force from a full powered blast would send Wolvie out of the area instead of tearing him apart.  
#3 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

God I wish. But no, Adamantium is famously indestructible.

#4 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

Theoretically but theres only one way to know for sure

#5 Posted by God_Spawn (37382 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

Theoretically but theres only one way to know for sure

No theoretically it shouldn't.

#6 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn:

Like i said only one way to know for sure

#7 Posted by God_Spawn (37382 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

@god_spawn:

Like i said only one way to know for sure

You also said theoretically it should. I don't know why it theoretically should, if you could pleas elaborate so we can end this debate we've had on now probably the 3rd occassion.

#8 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

No, Adamantium can only be broken by beings like Molecule Man.

#9 Edited by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn:

I'm just saying that we'll only know if it happens in the comic and since it didn't happen in Schism i don't see that coming very soon

#10 Posted by God_Spawn (37382 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

@god_spawn:

I'm just saying that we'll only know if it happens in the comic and since it didn't happen in Schism i don't see that coming very soon

Then you worded your post wrong and I misread it. When the OP asks a question and your first word is theoretically, to me that means in theory so I took it as you believed yes in theory it could, and then you said but there is only one way to find out. So by me interpreting your statement as once again "yes Cyclops can break in my own theory and realistically he should" when in actuality no Cyclops cannot destroy adamantium. It doesn't produce the force necessary to break it, it doesn't produce the friction to melt it and it doesn't have the capability of piercing it.

#11 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8903 posts) - - Show Bio

I do not think Cyclops can

#12 Posted by hell_demon (2 posts) - - Show Bio

And why hasnt Magneto just pulled the adamantium out of him

#13 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

@hell_demon said:

Honestly wolverine sales to many comics

In the comic world it's probably extremly convoluted and probably involves a monkey or something stupid like that

#14 Posted by HNIC (171 posts) - - Show Bio

@hell_demon: actually magneto did that at some point wolverine got it back via apocalypse rebinding it to his skeleton after he became a horseman

if that were possible it would only show in the ultimate series because that's were majority of the stupid things happen like hulk tearing wolverines body in half. In the normal series there's no way in hell

#15 Edited by luckydomino1 (491 posts) - - Show Bio

wolverine would tear apart cyclops you people saw schism part 5 it was even but if it had gone any further who knows wolverine could just block the full blast with his adamantium but i dont know if hes strong enough to walk towards cyclops while he is doing it

#16 Posted by KMART4455 (1290 posts) - - Show Bio

@hell_demon said:

frieking this man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jesus.. Its about time someone else has thought of this.. GO YOU MAN!!!!

#17 Posted by JoeEddie (483 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone have the scan where Cyclops destroyed Logan's hand during Age of Apocalypse?

#18 Posted by saintlouieb (2 posts) - - Show Bio

OK I will admit that I am not a comic veteran, so please correct me if I am way off base here, but didn't Magneto pull the adamantium out of Wolverine right before the whole Onslaught series? Isn't that what triggered Xavier to try to shut down Eric's mind?

#19 Posted by madmartin760 (48 posts) - - Show Bio

@saintlouieb: Yes, that is what happened. I guess nobody here read Wolverine comics in the 90's, cuz he did not have the metal in him for like ten years.

#20 Posted by wolverineAOAweaponx (11 posts) - - Show Bio

wolverine can beat cyclops has cyclops survived a nuke no has cyclops survived his skeleton gettin ripped out no has cyclops survived getting ripped in half NO SO SHADDAP!!!!!!!!!!Also wolvie has taken on the hulk thor deadpool jean(movie) AND slept with more women.

#21 Posted by The_Peter_Cosmic (401 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops should be able to easily keep Wolverine at bay and possibly strip all the flesh from his adamantium bonded bones if he got Logan pinned down, but that skeleton handles nuclear blasts without taking so much as a scratch. There's no way Cyclops blasts should be able to destroy 616 adamantium.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.