Follow

Adamantium

Object » Adamantium appears in 2748 issues.

A virtually indestructible man-made metal. The strongest metal known. Unbreakable and razor-sharp, it cuts through steel like a paper. Without a healing factor it is poisonous inside the body.

Adamantium vs. a Lightsaber

• 106 results
    Spudnasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Spudnasty

My friend and I were discussing whether a lightsaber would be able to destroy adamantium or not. What're your thoughts?

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#2  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Welcome to the Vine. Check one of the Wolverine vs Darth Maul threads for more info, but I think the general consensus was either that it would take some time or that it wouldn't happen. (I think the answer depends on which thread you look at.)

spider-man x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By spider-man x

antimantium wins

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By warlock360

<.< lol no comment

@spudnasty: what buckshot said^^

Avatar image for legendary_bio_vishanti
    Legendary Bio Vishanti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I say lightsaber.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By Sparda

Legendary Bio Vishanti says:

"I say lightsaber."

As do I.

kuchiku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By kuchiku

you fools a lightsaber is a laser it would bounce of the adamantium the silver samuria's sword could not penetrate the metal i doubt the saber could.

Legendary Bio Vishanti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kuchiku says:

"you fools a lightsaber is a laser it would bounce of the adamantium the silver samuria's sword could not penetrate the metal i doubt the saber could."

A saber could.

sonicmora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By sonicmora

I have to say lightsaber. I really don't see adamantium clashing with a lightsaber.

kuchiku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By kuchiku

uh huh you fools

Legendary Bio Vishanti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kuchiku says:

"uh huh you fools"

You are.

Jk. A saber cuts right through it like a knife heated up to the colour pink through butter.

Exaggeration.

kuchiku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By kuchiku

whatever im done arguing

sonicmora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By sonicmora

kuchiku says:

"uh huh you fools"

What makes you think adamantium would destroy the blade of a lightsaber?

I just want to hear your opinion.

kuchiku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By kuchiku

sonicmora says:

"kuchiku says:
    "uh huh you fools"
    What makes you think adamantium would destroy the blade of a lightsaber? I just want to hear your opinion."

it would not break it you idiot the light sabers a beam/laser it would go right threw it like a projection

kuchiku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By kuchiku

bite me

sonicmora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By sonicmora

kuchiku says:

"sonicmora says:
    "kuchiku says:
    "uh huh you fools"
    What makes you think adamantium would destroy the blade of a lightsaber? I just want to hear your opinion."
    it would not break it you idiot the light sabers a beam/laser it would go right threw it like a projection "

Are you saying this because you're an X-men fan or cause you don't know?

I just asked what's your opinion. Give us facts why, instead of just calling people idiots. That's immature.

kuchiku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By kuchiku

its a laser it burns stuff its not a blade you said What makes you think adamantium would destroy the blade of a lightsaber? its not a blade it can onlt be destroyed by other light sabers and it wont hurt the adamantium unless wolverine or whoever stabbed the user plus hes got healin factor

sonicmora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By sonicmora

kuchiku says:

"bite me"

Sorry but I can't bite you.

That's all you have to say? Just post up some facts or opinions.

sonicmora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By sonicmora

kuchiku says:

"its a laser it burns stuff its not a blade you said *What makes you think adamantium would destroy the blade of a lightsaber?* its not a blade it can onlt be destroyed by other light sabers and it wont hurt the adamantium unless wolverine or whoever stabbed the user plus hes got healin factor "

I don't know about being destroyed by other lightsabers, but

they pretty much clash. Yeah he's got a healing factor, but what would happen if he as hit in vital organs? could Wolverine survive in the sun?

Fennewalde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By Fennewalde

great debate guys!

Anyways, there are materials in the starwars universe that can't be cut by lightsabers. Just throwing that out there. I would give it to adamantium.

sonicmora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By sonicmora

Fennewalde says:

"great debate guys! Anyways, there are materials in the starwars universe that can't be cut by lightsabers. Just throwing that out there. I would give it to adamantium."

Where's the website?

kuchiku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By kuchiku

sonicmora says:

"kuchiku says:
    "its a laser it burns stuff its not a blade you said *What makes you think adamantium would destroy the blade of a lightsaber?* its not a blade it can onlt be destroyed by other light sabers and it wont hurt the adamantium unless wolverine or whoever stabbed the user plus hes got healin factor "
    I don't know about being destroyed by other lightsabers, but they pretty much clash. Yeah he's got a healing factor, but what would happen if he as hit in vital organs? could Wolverine survive in the sun?"

fool read wolverine cival war

kuchiku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By kuchiku

sonicmora says:

"kuchiku says:
    I don't know about being destroyed by other lightsabers, but they pretty much clash. Yeah he's got a healing factor, but what would happen if he as hit in vital organs? could Wolverine survive in the sun?"

fool read wolverine cival war

sonicmora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By sonicmora

kuchiku says:

"sonicmora says:
    "kuchiku says:
    fool read wolverine cival war"

Fool, I can't keep up with over hundreds of comics.

kuchiku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By kuchiku

.....im so never talkin to you again unless you post something worth reading

Fennewalde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Fennewalde

website? Who knows dude. I saw it in JK:2. Some kind of armor that isn't affected by lightsabers. Besides, the lightsaber isn't the end-all-be-all of weaponry. Take what materials, objects/weapons, and powers that can destroy adamantium, that exist in the marvel universe, and compare them to a lightsaber. I just don't think it could compromise the structure of adamantium.

kuchiku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By kuchiku

um nothing can destreoy adamantium but powers like mAGNETO can take it away

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Sparda

Kuchiku, there is no need to come here and start calling people idiots because they have a different opinion.

Anyways, there are certain materials that can deflect a lightsabre blow, but I believe that they have to be vibrating extremely fast and be made of a certain material. I'll go check it up in my Star Wars weapons/equipment encyke.....

sonicmora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By sonicmora

kuchiku says:

".....im so never talkin to you again unless you post something worth reading"

same here, and something that has to do with debating.

@Fennewalde

I don't they're both complete different things.

From what i've read, the lightsaber is as hot our near as hot as the sun. So if Wolverine can't survive that, then I would say lightsaber. I'll need to be reading on that.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Sparda

Well, looking through that encyclopedia, it says that "the lightsabre can cut through anything, except another lightsabre and a few specific alloys, such as cortosis".

Since adamantium isn't in the SW Universe.......we could say that it would cut through it.

But, maybe adamantium has the properties of those alloys, so, who knows?

Fennewalde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Fennewalde

If that were remotely true, which, the starwars universe AS WELL AS the marvel universe are full of complete logic errors, Igniting a lightsaber would kill everyone around the blade for miles. If you were to drop one, it would fall straight to the center of whatever planet you were on. The one instance i keep thinking back to is when qui-gon, or however you spell those retarded names george lucas makes up, is cutting into the bridge of the blockade ship, it seems to take a very long time... for something as hot as the sun. I still go adamantium, but you find that website and share your revelations.

sonicmora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By sonicmora

It also depends on what the blockades were made of.

In Star Wars, they are suppose to be a great number of races that have advance technologies. As time progresses, better weapons come up. But like I said, there are great differences. But also lightning. How is it able to block it, without it killing the handler? So yeah lightsaber has great absorbtions, as does adamantium.

sonicmora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By sonicmora

Sparda says:

"Well, looking through that encyclopedia, it says that "the lightsabre can cut through anything, except another lightsabre and a few specific alloys, such as cortosis". Since adamantium isn't in the SW Universe.......we *could* say that it would cut through it. But, maybe adamantium has the properties of those alloys, so, who knows?"

What's cortosis?

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34  Edited By Forever

Sparda says:

"Well, looking through that encyclopedia, it says that "the lightsabre can cut through anything, except another lightsabre and a few specific alloys, such as cortosis".Since adamantium isn't in the SW Universe.......we *could* say that it would cut through it.But, maybe adamantium has the properties of those alloys, so, who knows?"

Looking at what a lightsabre can cut through is only have the story. Read up on adamantium and see what it says. If one thing says it can cut through anything (except certain alloys) but the other says nothing can cut through it (short of altering it's molecular structure) then I would side with the thing that can't be cut through. Because clearly a lightsabre doesn't alter molecular structures.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Sparda

Forever says:

"Sparda says:
    "Well, looking through that encyclopedia, it says that "the lightsabre can cut through anything, except another lightsabre and a few specific alloys, such as cortosis".Since adamantium isn't in the SW Universe.......we *could* say that it would cut through it.But, maybe adamantium has the properties of those alloys, so, who knows?"

Looking at what a lightsabre can cut through is only have the story. Read up on adamantium and see what it says. If one thing says it can cut through anything (except certain alloys) but the other says nothing can cut through it (short of altering it's molecular structure) then I would side with the thing that can't be cut through. Because clearly a lightsabre doesn't alter molecular structures."

Nothing can cut through adamantium?

I'm kinda confused right now. Because, people say it's unbreakable, uncuttable, etc., but there have been times when it has been broken (Gambler posted scans once).

This is turning into one of those confusing "let's track it down" things.....

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#36  Edited By Copy

Sparda says:

"Forever says:
    "Sparda says:
    "Well, looking through that encyclopedia, it says that "the lightsabre can cut through anything, except another lightsabre and a few specific alloys, such as cortosis". Since adamantium isn't in the SW Universe.......we *could* say that it would cut through it. But, maybe adamantium has the properties of those alloys, so, who knows?"
    Looking at what a lightsabre can cut through is only have the story. Read up on adamantium and see what it says. If one thing says it can cut through anything (except certain alloys) but the other says nothing can cut through it (short of altering it's molecular structure) then I would side with the thing that can't be cut through. Because clearly a lightsabre doesn't alter molecular structures."
    *Nothing* can cut through adamantium? I'm kinda confused right now. Because, people say it's unbreakable, uncuttable, etc., but there have been times when it has been broken (Gambler posted scans once). This is turning into one of those confusing "let's track it down" things....."

The only times I remember Adamantium breaking was when it was faced with cosmic powers or molcular powers. Except for that one time when Rune/odinforce thor took a big chunk out of it. (It was an alternate reality)

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Forever

Sparda says:

"*Nothing* can cut through adamantium?I'm kinda confused right now. Because, people say it's unbreakable, uncuttable, etc., but there have been times when it has been broken (Gambler posted scans once).This is turning into one of those confusing "let's track it down" things....."

Those are the best things. The only way to affect true adamantium is to change it on a molecular level and lightsabres dont do that. So a lightsabre shouldn't be able to cut through it.

Now there are times when weaker alloys that werent pure adamantium have been dented or broken, so those could have been the images that you saw.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Sparda

I remember that there was a scan of Gladiator ripped off one of Wolverine's claws, but I guess that could be him just separating it from the knuckle joint.

I guess Adamantium wins then.

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Copy

Gloom says:

"Forever says:
    "The only way to affect true adamantium is to change it on a molecular level and lightsabres dont do that. So a lightsabre shouldn't be able to cut through it."
    What if the lightsaber, being energy, was hot enough to reach adamantium's melting point? Wouldn't that be remotely possible?"

I don't think a lightsaber is hotter then supernova. Cap shield was right next to torch when he went supernova and the shield was fine in the secret war comics.

Gloom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Gloom

Forever says:

"The only way to affect true adamantium is to change it on a molecular level and lightsabres dont do that. So a lightsabre shouldn't be able to cut through it."

What if the lightsaber, being energy, was hot enough to reach adamantium's melting point? Wouldn't that be remotely possible?

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Copy

Post Deleted.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Forever

Gloom says:

"What if the lightsaber, being energy, was hot enough to reach adamantium's melting point? Wouldn't that be remotely possible?"

Very remote. But theoretically possible. But to claim victory that way you would need to know the melting point of true adamantium and the heat generated by a lightsabre. Now we have seen true adamantium withstand a nuclear explosion so I would sincerely doubt that the lightsabre would reach the necessary temperature.

Gloom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Gloom

Forever says:

"Very remote. But theoretically possible. But to claim victory that way you would need to know the melting point of true adamantium and the heat generated by a lightsabre. Now we have seen true adamantium withstand a nuclear explosion so I would sincerely doubt that the lightsabre would reach the necessary temperature."

Ah, I concur.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Forever

Copy says:

"I don't think a lightsaber is hotter then supernova. Cap shield was right next to torch when he went supernova and the shield was fine in the secret war comics."

Nice answer though Cap's shield isn't quite adamantium. Whether it actually has any adamantium in it or not is debatable but you know that there is vibranium in it. So it's not just adamantium.

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Copy

Forever says:

"Copy says:
    "I don't think a lightsaber is hotter then supernova. Cap shield was right next to torch when he went supernova and the shield was fine in the secret war comics."
    Nice answer though Cap's shield isn't quite adamantium. Whether it actually has any adamantium in it or not is debatable but you know that there is vibranium in it. So it's not just adamantium."

But I thought it was made of adamantium and vibranium?

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Forever

Copy says:

"But I thought it was made of adamantium and vibranium?"

There was no such thing as adamantium when they made the shield. Adamantium was made later to try and duplicate the process that took place to make the shield. So it's hard to say that it was partially made of a metal that didnt exist yet.

Besides look at what you just said. Imagine that it is made of adamantium and vibranium. That would mean that you cant really use it to prove anything about just regular adamantium because its an alloy of adamantium and another metal.

Batman666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Batman666

I say lightsaber wins

Chameleone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Chameleone

There are materials in Star Wars that can hold up against a lightsaber. Such as a vibroblade with a cortosis weave. But not sustained punishment

knightmoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By knightmoon

For me the adamantium wins, because the lightsaber is extremly hot, but the adamantium doesn´t have a fusion point, so for me the adamanitum wins. The adamantium is the metal most powerfull, in the mithology this metal can kill or hurt the Gods, the adamantium can break the power of a lightsaber and his Jedi,for me, very well.

Rotten gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Rotten gun

admantium wins cause you dont need to replace the batteries

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.