Adamantium

#1 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

who?

#2 Posted by Brainiac1.0 (344 posts) - - Show Bio

I meant to sat can anyone from dc comics break Adamantium

#3 Posted by Brainiac1.0 (344 posts) - - Show Bio

Can antone from dc break Adamantium.

#4 Posted by Brainiac1.0 (344 posts) - - Show Bio

I meant to say can anyone from dc comics break Adamantium.

#5 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84378 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Superman could

#6 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Brainiac1.0 says:

"I meant to say can anyone from dc comics break Adamantium."

third times a charm!

:)

Gambler says:

"I think Superman could"

i dont

#7 Posted by Obi Wan Kenobi! (27638 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman...Captain Marvel..Supergirl...Mary Marvel...Krypto...Any of the gods...Martian Manhunter..

#8 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe that the power threshold on a whole is higher at DC. the nigh-invulnerable metal of Adamantium poses less of an obstacle there.

#9 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84378 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"Brainiac1.0 says:

third times a charm!

Gambler says:

"I think Superman could"

i dont"

Really? If I'm not mistaken I believe the Hulk once broke a solid Adamantium statue. I think Superman is stronger then the Hulk.

#10 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84378 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"that wasnt true adamantium. every time they have someone do something to adamantium they retcon it and say that it was a weaker adamantium alloy. its supposed to be unbreakable. youre only supposed to be able to affect it by molecular manipulation."

Are you sure? My source is pretty solid.

#11 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

that wasnt true adamantium. every time they have someone do something to adamantium they retcon it and say that it was a weaker adamantium alloy. its supposed to be unbreakable. youre only supposed to be able to affect it by molecular manipulation.

#12 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Apparition says:
"that wasnt true adamantium. every time they have someone do something to adamantium they retcon it and say that it was a weaker adamantium alloy. its supposed to be unbreakable. youre only supposed to be able to affect it by molecular manipulation."
Are you sure? My source is pretty solid."

as far as i know, but post it and i'll see if that's the one i'm thinking of!

#13 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe, but, we can't decide.

#14 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk can not even dent Adamantium. Thor is the only person I know of who dented it with strenght and his hammer.

#15 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84378 posts) - - Show Bio

Shaper says:

"Hulk can not even dent Adamantium. Thor is the only person I know of who dented it with strenght and his hammer."

Hold on I have scans (just gotta find em)

#16 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Shaper says:

"Hulk can not even dent Adamantium. Thor is the only person I know of who dented it with strenght and his hammer."

that still wasnt pure adamantium

#17 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Really? If I'm not mistaken I believe the Hulk once broke a solid Adamantium statue. I think Superman is stronger then the Hulk."

You ass.

#18 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84378 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Gambler says:
"Really? If I'm not mistaken I believe the Hulk once broke a solid Adamantium statue. I think Superman is stronger then the Hulk."

You ass."

LMFAO. Dont worry I cant find the PM, plus I was wrong about the particulars.

#19 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Buckshot says:
"Gambler says:
" Really? If I'm not mistaken I believe the Hulk once broke a solid Adamantium statue. I think Superman is stronger then the Hulk."
You ass."
LMFAO. Dont worry I cant find the PM, plus I was wrong about the particulars. "

awwwwwww

#20 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"Shaper says:
that still wasnt pure adamantium"

Wasn't it Cap's Shield in an alternate reality? (Not the one where he destroyed the shield with that eye beam)(Damn there are to many realities)

#21 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Shaper says:

"Apparition says:
"Shaper says:
that still wasnt pure adamantium"
Wasn't it Cap's Shield in an alternate reality? (Not the one where he destroyed the shield with that eye beam)(Damn there are to many realities)"

not that i remember. thor dented adamantium at a test site for the military

but it wasnt pure
Post Edited:2008-04-29 20:54:21

#22 Posted by beastmanX (285 posts) - - Show Bio
Buckshot said:
"

Gambler says:

You ass.

"

Yeah. Seriously. I never thought super man was stronger than hulk.
#23 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio
beastmanX said:
"Yeah. Seriously. I never thought super man was stronger than hulk."

I dont think that's what he meant by that.
#24 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio

Admantanium is not indestructible, it is just very hard and non brittle.   The superman that could lift a black hole could easily manage to break admantanium.   Most other Supermen can't.  Doomsday might be able to accomplish this. 

#25 Posted by beastmanX (285 posts) - - Show Bio
Forever said:
"beastmanX said:
"Yeah. Seriously. I never thought super man was stronger than hulk."

I dont think that's what he meant by that."
oh alright
#26 Posted by blade hunter (1813 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"

Apparition says:

"Brainiac1.0 says:

third times a charm!

Gambler says:

"I think Superman could"

i dont"

Really? If I'm not mistaken I believe the Hulk once broke a solid Adamantium statue. I think Superman is stronger then the Hulk.

"
i know what he's going on about it was secondry adamantium. only pure adamantium is unbreakable e.g wolverine's bones and claws, caps sheild.
#27 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

Anybody with magnetism, molecular control and reality manipulation can surely 'break' Adamantium.

Doctor Polaris perhaps?

#28 Posted by blade hunter (1813 posts) - - Show Bio
Nerx said:
"Anybody with magnetism, molecular control and reality manipulation can surely 'break' Adamantium.

Doctor Polaris perhaps?"
i bet it would take some effort to pull adamantium off someones bones, it can't  be easy
#29 Posted by Bob-A-Ferret (75 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk is stronger than superman only if he is mad enough. andas for Dc characters that can break it noTrue adamantium can not be broken wolverines claws are Adamantium Beta meaning they are fuse with bone at a molecular level and not impervious so niether hulk nor superman or anyone else can break adamantium however both could break wolvies claws,.

#30 Posted by onigamegeek (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends upon the type of adamantium you're talking about.

http://www.comicvine.com/adamantium/18-40759/

Superman won't be able to break True Adamantium, if the mighty Thor can only get a small dent in at full power, Superman may only get in a scratch. Yeah he probably might be able to bend and break Secondary Adamanium like anyone with super human strength can, probably even Beta, but not True Adamantium. But Batman might.... he's got enough money. That's one super power than might be able to break True Adamantium, adamantium was created due to vast amounts of money was spent in the process of making it, I think the same method can be taken to destroy it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.