Adamantine

Posted by EternalBiker (158 posts) - - Show Bio

If wolverine's bones and claws where boned with Adamantine    the metal that hercules golden mace was forged out of would magneto be able still to affect it the same as ADAMANTIUM ?
#1 Posted by PowerHerc (84031 posts) - - Show Bio

That's a good question.  I don't know.   
Is Adamantine ferrous?  Is Magneto able to affect 'godly' metal (Has he affected Uru in the past?)?   

It would be cool to see Marvel address this.   

If it were up to me, I'd say no.  Magneto has plenty of power already and making him unable to manipulate Adamantine would'nt matter much because it's so rare anyway.
#2 Posted by TypingKira (3509 posts) - - Show Bio

He can. He's done it before    

Wolverine #6
Ta-duhhh
#3 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@TypingKira said:
" He can. He's done it before    

Ta-duhhh "
Two different metals love

Adamantine and Adamantium. 

As I understand it, Adamantium is an attempt to copy Vibranium, just not a good attempt. Adamantine is a mythical metal of the Gods.
#4 Posted by TypingKira (3509 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCrowbar: Ooh. . .  well now don't I feel silly? Sorry! 
#5 Posted by SC (13119 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, Magneto can affect everything, the question here is how well Magneto can affect Adamantine. He may for example have a harder time manipulating at it. Possibly to the extent it may appear he can't do much, but still Magneto's powers aren't metals, its electromagnetism. Magneto has also affected Uru before, seemingly we could assume not easily, but that may have been because Thor was mentally resisting or instructing Mljonir in an unseen way, or it could be that it was just harder to manipulate.  

Unless Adamantine actively rewrites reality (instead of sort of ambiguously expands on it, like most mystical things do) than Mr Mags can affect it. 

#6 Posted by bgibs13390 (883 posts) - - Show Bio

He could never affect 616 Thor's hammer. So I don't know if he can't just affect Uru or any godly medal. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.