Where the FRAG is Adam Warlock???

#1 Posted by GoocherLee (365 posts) - - Show Bio

The last time we saw the cosmic adventurer Adam Warlock, he was nestled in his pocket dimension along with Gamora wherein they were tending to the fledgling cosmic anchor, Atleza; and Adam was finally reciprocating the feelings Gamora had been offering him for decades.

Recently, we find Gamora in the Annihilation series locking horns with Ronan, defending worlds from the Annihilation Wave, as well as in Rich Rider's [Nova's] bed.

This month in The New Avengers : Illuminati, it appears that Reed Richards has collected the six Infinity Gems and reformed the Infinity Gauntlet... WITH THE SOUL GEM. The last we saw of the Soul Gem it was still securely adorning Adam Warlock's forehead!

So I ask you, the collected minds of ComicVine... where the FRAG is Adam Warlock??? He should've been tapped for the Annihilation shindig, at least one story of him and Gamora covorting gaily should've been published, and how did that punk Richards steal his gem [granted, I have yet to read issue #2 of Illuminati, so I don't know if they explain his current whereabouts-how Richards got the Soul Gem. etc] in the first place??

~sigh~

Where's Jim Starlin when you need him?

#2 Posted by Coldblood-6 (120 posts) - - Show Bio

He was in She-Hulk with Gamora. He was beaten to a pulp by the Champion (Tyco Slatterus).

#3 Posted by GoocherLee (365 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasn't that right before Infinity Abyss? If not, then it still begs the questions:

What happened between Him and Gamora?

How did he lose his Soul Gem to Richards?

And why wasn't he included in the Annihilation series?

Where the FRAG is he?

Waiting for Giffen to leave Marvel?

Chilling with Pip on an unnamed planet in a festering watering hole?

Still in the pocket universe with Atleza, after choosing Atleza over Gamora? LOL

It bugs me that my boy is incognito during all of the latest cosmic upheaval!

#4 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe they didn't want to throw him in and then do nothing with him like they did with Captain Marvel in Civil War. They could be holding him until they can do something good with him.

#5 Posted by GoocherLee (365 posts) - - Show Bio

For my own purposes I stayed clear of Civil War.

What Captain Marvel are you refering to? Don't tell me they brought Mar-Vell back from the dead. He was the only dead character to truly stay dead [which in todays comics means so little], and I like it that way [even as cool of a character as he was].

#6 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

Technically he's still dead. Basically he fell through a hole in time and eventually he'll go back and die like he should (and did).

#7 Posted by GoocherLee (365 posts) - - Show Bio

Ummm... oaky... so they DID bring back Mar-Vell... just in a weird fuctup time-skewed sort of way?

I'm disappointed.

#8 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

Bringing him back: Bad

The way they did it: Not completely horrible

What they did with him after he came back: THEY DID NOTHING! He got ONE panel of flying. That's all.

#9 Posted by GoocherLee (365 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright, that just sucks... Quesada's getting a letter from me now...

Anyway, back on topic... Illuminati #2 hits stands soon, or has already, so I'm anxious to see if Adam's absence is explained.

#10 Posted by Prodigal Son (3472 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#11 Posted by GoocherLee (365 posts) - - Show Bio

NUTZ

Literary Limbo is NOT where I wanted to find Warlock.

#12 Posted by AdamWarlock (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Being stuck in literary limbo not being quite bad enough, during Warlock's absense (most recent appearance being Dan Slott's She-Hulk vol. 1 #8), not one but BOTH of his sidekicks (Pip the Troll AND Gamora) have been appearing multiple times elsewhere without him. In fact, EVERY other member of the Infinity Watch (minus Maxam, who's been gone from all publication since Infinity Watch was cancelled) has been popping up either in Annihilation or in She-Hulk. Pip the Troll was in the 2 issue stint Warlock was in and then showed up again in Slott's She-Hulk vol. 2 during the Trial of Starfox storyline. Sheesh. Some mention would be nice...

#13 Posted by theros906 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Seem to remember an interview with Giffen, about the time Annihilation was starting, that Adam Warlock was off limits for the series. I have to think that Marvel has some plans for him...

#14 Posted by Prodigal Son (3472 posts) - - Show Bio

He'll pop back up, he always seems to. Maybe we'll see some kind of gigantic cosmic connection between Annihilation, Planet Hulk, Civil War and World War Hulk, and Adam Warlock will be at the center of the maelstrom.

#15 Posted by GoocherLee (365 posts) - - Show Bio

Prodigious Man says:

"He'll pop back up, he always seems to. Maybe we'll see some kind of gigantic cosmic connection between Annihilation, Planet Hulk, Civil War and World War Hulk, and Adam Warlock will be at the center of the maelstrom."

Oooooh... me likey that idea!

Not holding my breath, though...

#16 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

He's been standing in front of a mirror all this time... fixing his hair.

#17 Posted by GoocherLee (365 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL!

#18 Posted by Prodigal Son (3472 posts) - - Show Bio

Satyrquaze says:

"He's been standing in front of a mirror all this time... fixing his hair."

I like that idea more than mine. It makes more sense.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.