Hero and Villain Matchups

• 121 results
#1 Posted by Girth (1041 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to see Apocalypse take on the Avengers.

#2 Posted by Augustus Freeman VI (209 posts) - - Show Bio

Now that I heard it I think the Rouges vs. Batman would be so cool!

#3 Posted by sora_thekey (8185 posts) - - Show Bio

I totally want to see this: 

I made this around a year ago... I thought it would be funny, and Tony's Power Pack idea reminded me of this!
#4 Posted by Sreya (6 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by leokearon (1785 posts) - - Show Bio

The main problem with some of your suggestions 
Doc Ock did fight Daredevil 
Sups did fight Circe 

Still I would love to see The Avengers Vs the Sinister 12 or the Masters of Evil VS The X-men. 

Also I can't wait for Doc Ock Vs Iron Man (coming soon)
#6 Posted by CrowRider (30 posts) - - Show Bio

well, based on powers it would be a curb stomp battle to pit Klaw vs Daredevil... cross-companywise and in terms of ideals i d love to see the flash vs juggernaut because the flash is all about moving on from regrets with an open heart, while juggernaut is taking it to extremes - he takes everything down with him while moving on, still carrying bits of regret in his heart

#7 Posted by War Killer (20292 posts) - - Show Bio
@sora_thekey said:
" I totally want to see this: 

I made this around a year ago... I thought it would be funny, and Tony's Power Pack idea reminded me of this! "
LMFBO!!!!!
#8 Posted by darkcloakx (788 posts) - - Show Bio

promethus vs. black panther 
mystitque vs. hawkeye 
venom(eddie brock) vs. clayface 
luke cage vs. killer croc 
captain america (steve rogers) vs. jason todd 
wolverine vs. deathstroke 

#9 Posted by Zereta (78 posts) - - Show Bio

Always wanted Spiderman to face the Joker.

#10 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (18976 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto < Iron Man 
Just saying.

#11 Posted by Out_of_Space (712 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to see Magneto vs Hulk.

#12 Posted by chalkshark (1195 posts) - - Show Bio
@CrowRider: Klaw did fight Daredevil.
#13 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@sora_thekey said:
" I totally want to see this: 

I made this around a year ago... I thought it would be funny, and Tony's Power Pack idea reminded me of this! "
I'd buy that! ;)
#14 Posted by kungnima (179 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you guys recommend acts of vengeance?
Couse Im thinkin' about buying the omnibus.

#15 Posted by queenfrost_ (2490 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to see the BoP NOT fight Shiva or anyone similar for once! What about fighting The Rogues?

#16 Posted by Outside_85 (10308 posts) - - Show Bio

Would like to see Trigon trying some alternative means of getting to Earth, bumping into Zatanna, Captain Marvel or Dr. Fate instead of slamming his head into the brick wall called Teen Titans again and again. 

Grood and his monkeys taking on the current JLA. 

The Shadowpact facing...anyone really, give them their book back!

#17 Posted by DalekDoctor2011 (196 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman VS Lex Luthor
Daredevil VS Kaine
X-Men VS Masters of Evil
Avengers VS The Brotherhood
F4/FF VS Sinister 6
Avengers VS Mr. Sinister
Daredevil VS The Lizard
and I would like to see more Iron Man VS Doc Ock

#18 Posted by CrimsonAvenger (1162 posts) - - Show Bio

You guys suggested a sonic villain for Daredevil, how about Shocker? 

#19 Posted by comicus67 (24 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice League vs Trigon ,Justice Society vs Darkseid ,Avengers vs Brotherhood of Evil Mutants,Squadron Supreme vs Sh`ir Imperial Guards,Defenders vs Zodiac ,Young Justice vs the Cadre ,The X-Men vs The Masters of Evil,The Fantastic Foundation vs Hydra ,Superman vs Mordru, Captain Marvel vs Bizarro,Wonder Woman vs Deathstroke ,Batman vs Brother Blood ,The Green Lantern Corps vs imperiex,The Inferior Five vs Ambush Bug (hahahah),The Legion of Super-Heroes vs Secret Society of Super Villians ,Lobo vs Doomsday,The Teen Titans vs The Crime Syndicate of America,Captain America vs Juggernaut,Iron Man vs the U-Foes,Guardians of The Galaxy vs Ultraforce,The Invaders vs Kang,the Silver Surfer vs Dreamqueen,Doctor Doom vs Ultron ,Werewolf vs Wendigo,Marvel Monsters vs Marvel Zombies.

#20 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

Mongul vs. Batman
kind of touched on but Scarecrow vs. Hal Jordan

#21 Posted by Walker696 (980 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll go with:

Thing vs Omega Red
Juggernaut vs Young Avengers(they need a real test)
The Wrecker vs. X-Force
Ms. Marvel vs Red She Hulk 
Luck Cage and Iron Fist vs Electro
Spider man vs Fin Fang Foom (this isn't spite, Parker is pretty smart and with his new job I believe he has access to equipment to even the odds)
Thor vs Ultron (I know they fought, but never one on one and it would be nice to see the two cut lose on each other)
Juggernaut vs Destroyer (armor)
Deadpool vs U-Foes
Wolverine vs Tiger Shark
Offenders vs New Avengers
Apocalypse vs Future Foundation
Osborn vs Dr. Doom (I know they both villains but come on who wouldn't like to see these two go all out on each other)

#22 Posted by Xenozoic Shaman (404 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool vs Shuma Gorath ^_^
Spider-Man vs Mojo
Iron Man vs The IRS
Mon-El vs Darkseid
Crossover battle: Scarecrow vs Daredevil (The man without fear)

#23 Posted by Lvenger (21239 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that villains fight particular heroes for personal reasons e.g revenge, reputation or a chance for them to monologue their superiority over the hero. Having said that these are the DC and Marvel related match ups I'd like to see:

Ghost Rider vs Loki
Teen Titans vs Royal Flush Gang
Iron Man vs Magneto (Has that ever happened?)
Lobo vs Despero
Green Lantern vs Psycho Pirate

#24 Posted by MuadDiab (325 posts) - - Show Bio

come on guys. Do your research  

#25 Posted by MuadDiab (325 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman and Robin (Dick and Damien) vs the Sinestro Corps

#26 Posted by dorsk188 (236 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambit vs. Bullseye would be interesting for the novelty if nothing else.

#27 Posted by cyberninja (10383 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by chalkshark (1195 posts) - - Show Bio
@Walker696: Wolverine has fought Tiger Shark.
#29 Posted by chalkshark (1195 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lvenger:  I can't recall a single knockdown, drag-out conflict between just Iron Man & Magneto, but the two have faced each other a number of times, on those occasions when Magneto thought it would be a good idea to attack the Avengers. I believe this was the first time.
#30 Posted by Danial79 (2326 posts) - - Show Bio

Did the U-Foes ever fight the Fantastic Four? I'd like to see that match-up.

#31 Posted by crusader8463 (214 posts) - - Show Bio

If/when they do another DC/Marvel crossover I would love to see Batman go up against Taskmaster, and The Joker vs Deadpool.. Actually, I just want to see anyone against Taskmaster. After reading the Deadpool arch with him in it I fell in love with that character. 

As far as in universe stuff, I'm not sure. Almost every villain has his strengths and weaknesses designed to work with a specific hero, so when you change it up the hero often times doesn't stand a chance. Like if Iron Man and Magneto fought Magneto could just crush him in his suit.

#32 Posted by TDK_1997 (15097 posts) - - Show Bio

I wanna see Bizzaro vs Batman

#33 Posted by Radread (223 posts) - - Show Bio
@Danial79:
No they haven't, and why after all these years is unknown. Everyone has been asking for it since John Bryne was writer.
#34 Posted by Ironhawk22 (274 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke V.S. The Marvel Family hopefully this will be in Titans it's getting better. Rogues V.S. Justice Society All-Stars.
#35 Posted by Mutant God (3080 posts) - - Show Bio

galactus vs ghost rider
#36 Posted by tbpinkfloyd (126 posts) - - Show Bio

Doc Ock is fighting Iron Man more or less in Invincible Iron Man right now...

#37 Posted by perry_411 (424 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool vs Ghost Rider

#38 Posted by G-Man (18918 posts) - - Show Bio
@kungnima said:
" Do you guys recommend acts of vengeance? Couse Im thinkin' about buying the omnibus. "
I'd love to buy it myself. I haven't read the issues since they were first published. I recall that I liked them but you know how it is with memory. Sometimes it can play tricks on you. Like if you watch a favorite movie you haven't seen in years, it doesn't always hold its own. 
Staff
#39 Edited by Maniac2312 (920 posts) - - Show Bio
Lobo vs Ravage 2099, as with everyone else, I have many more that I would love to see, but this is near the top. I think it would take what ended Ravage to stop (not kill, cause he can't die)  Lobo as well. 

Ok, neither of them are "Villains" so how bout Ravage vs Bizarro?
#40 Posted by MichaelSimpson (17 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Wonder Woman vs Catwoman 
  2. Superman vs Bane

The Punisher vs William Stryker 

Silver Surfer vs The Green Goblin 

Wolverine vs Loki 

Thor vs Sabertooth 

Magneto vs Bullseye 

Iron Man vs Lex Luthor 

Deadpool vs Lobo 

Misty Knight vs Mystique 

#41 Posted by kungnima (179 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man said:
" @kungnima said:
" Do you guys recommend acts of vengeance? Couse Im thinkin' about buying the omnibus. "
I'd love to buy it myself. I haven't read the issues since they were first published. I recall that I liked them but you know how it is with memory. Sometimes it can play tricks on you. Like if you watch a favorite movie you haven't seen in years, it doesn't always hold its own.  "
Yeh, of course. Ormaybe it's Loki playing a game with your mind, couse he doesnt want you to remember one of his greatest failures! Either one, y know.. :D
Well, I guess the only way to find out is getting it! When the pocket allows it!
#42 Posted by CurbsideProphet (1904 posts) - - Show Bio

Taskmaster vs Batman, the ultimate Prep-time match. Are they allowed to be Cross-universe?

#43 Posted by untammed (438 posts) - - Show Bio
@Girth said:
" I want to see Apocalypse take on the Avengers. "
@Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
" Magneto < Iron Man Just saying. "
@TheCrowbar said:
" Mongul vs. Batman kind of touched on but Scarecrow vs. Hal Jordan "
#44 Posted by ChadwickDavis (444 posts) - - Show Bio
In regards to Babs comment regarding "Circe vs. Superman" that was actually done during one of Wonder Woman arcs (I believe was the arc when she turned all of the men into animals and had the female supervillains hunt them down for sport)  
Circe turned Superman into a Doomsdayesque monster and made him fight Wonder Woman 

Excellent Choice--Babs 

My ideal Matchups would be 

1: Teen Titans vs Suicide Squad (High Fatality count--High collateral Damage--the Govt has tried to control the Titans in the Past)  
2: Teen Titans Vs Blaze (Powerful demon other than Trigon, two Half Breed Demoness Raven --and Blaze, Dark Raven Vs Blaze, Resolution/ Fallout of the fight between the two "Daughters of the Demon") 
3: Checkmate vs Justice League of America (Metahuman Regulation and Control, vs Independent "Superpower")  
4: Lex Luthor Vs Veronica Cale Vs Superman
( Money, Power, Egos, and Hatred of "Self Proclamed Saviors")  
5: Lex Luthor Vs. Niles Caulder
(Power, Egos, lack of accountability, Manipulative---Caulder is essentially Luthor if he hadn't been exposed by Superman, had his legs, and found a way to have the superheroes back him up. ) 
6: Wonder Woman vs. Davids Cain (Batman's equal in virtually all areas, devoid of morals and wonder woman is the ultimate HVT/ High Value target)  
7:Wonder Woman vs. Ra's al Ghul and the League of Assassins ( Batman's equal in virtually all areas, devoid of morals, centuries of experience, and Wonder Woman is the ultimate HVT/ High Value target , essentially she is fighting an evil Batman inc., and Ra's has nuked themyscira in the past--not canon but done so he can raise the field of play.)      
8: Batman vs: Vandal Savage ("Immortal", evil, narcisistic, extensive combat experience, limitless resources, and global ambitions)
#45 Posted by manofsteel42 (216 posts) - - Show Bio

Why dont the villians just send snipers to: the avengers tower, utopia, etc and kill the heros. Thats what I'd do. I 'd sit there and wait instead of goin head to head and losing like always (If I was a losing Villian)

#46 Posted by Lovingdamnation (119 posts) - - Show Bio
Both of these:
@Girth said:
" I want to see Apocalypse take on the Avengers. "
same here,
also @Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
" Magneto < Iron Man Just saying. "
and Runaways V Sinister Six
#47 Posted by Mezmero (969 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki should give Bullseye some norn stones so he can kill every hero in the Marvel universe.

#48 Edited by ArtisticNeedham (2267 posts) - - Show Bio

Where did that AWESOME image by Alan Davis come from?  the one used for the main image, of every Marvel hero and villain fighting?

#49 Posted by NXH (1030 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman vs Daredevil.
Deadpool vs Joker
Punisher vs Venom (Flash)
X-Force vs Venom (Flash)

Haven't seen Wolverine clash with Deadpool for a while...

#50 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio

the Wizard versus Spidey, hopefully this might happen with spidey joining the FF

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.