*Spoilers* Quick question about Action Comics #1

#1 Edited by Fishstick123 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey, I am new to this forum, so I hope I am posting this in the right section, and am adhering to all the rules. 

I was reading Action Comics, like most of you probably, and what an issue!!  But, me and Grant Morrison's writing don't often agree. Don't get me wrong, I love his stories, I just get lost easily! After reading the issue three times, I thought it was probably worth admitting defeat and ask: 

Please be nice, I'm sure there is a really obvious answer to this question. 

P.s
#2 Posted by aztek_the_lost (30740 posts) - - Show Bio

Your spoiler didn't work? I don't see a question

#3 Posted by Fishstick123 (6 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek_the_lost: Is that better? Changed to Firefox, think that made the difference.
#4 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3310 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fishstick123: I had the same question about the train but I've reasoned it out well enough. First off, he didn't know about the bomb until his editor told him. He was mostly just wary of the trains before that, warning Jimmy not to get on one. The reader is supposed to assume that Glenmorgan's crimes are associated with the train system and that Clark's "hard evidence" is the reason that he is suspicious of the train. It's vaguely explained in the book, but that's how he knew.
#5 Posted by Fishstick123 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank you so much!! That little doubt has now been lifted from my mind, making this my favorite of the new 52 books I've bought so far!! (Although, I got JLI instead of Swamp Thing - MISTAKE...)

#6 Posted by aztek_the_lost (30740 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fishstick123: in response to your second question, it's actually an official "thing", it's been rumored she will appear in all the first issues and there's a thread about it somewhere on here

#7 Posted by Primmaster64 (21137 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek_the_lost: you read it?
#8 Posted by scotthornsby (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I had the same question about how he knew about the train. And fishstick's answer is a bit of a stretch. Good writing doesn't require that much supposition. More sloppy writing from comicdom's most overrated writer, in my opinion.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.