Who or what was that thing at the end of Action Comics #899

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DEGRAAF

********************************************************SPOILER ALERT***************************************************************** 

DO NOT READ BELOW IF YOU HAVE NOT READ ACTION COMICS #899 YET AND DONT WANT TO BE SPOILED 

So at the end of Action comics #899 Lex

out smarts Brainiac (which im not always for but i loved them sorta of duelling with there voice activated comands, countering one another which eventually lead to Lex snapping Brainiacs neck) 

Also i know it had been written before but i thought it was just forgotten about so maybe someone can answer me this... Does Lex alread have a prostetic hand? He said he can just build him self a new one which doesnt necessarilly mean the one he was using was fake but just curious, also i dont see his bare hand (in space no less) punching through Kryptonian tech. 

K. now for my real reason behind making this topic... 

What or who was that thing at the end of Action Comics #899? Obviously the very last picture was Lex in control of the power who ever he wwas fighting had but the thing that came through the portal looked like a mix between and evil celestial and and evil anti-monitor. They are making the phantom zone seem more and more like an alternate universe where time just doesnt exist rather than and nothingness plain of existance. 

Also what happened to Lex right before he fought the evil black being? He connected himself to Kryptonian tech i guess but became bright white and either he grew to the size of the evil bing or the evil being got smaller. He was huge when they first showed him. 

Also are they now saying that those orbs werent black lantern residual residue or what? 

And finally, Was the big black guys name Ooottttaaarrrr? lol Thats all he kept saying so thats what i assumed... 

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By warlock360

Looks kinda like luthor but had me thinking Hank Henshaw at first

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

A better question: WHY HAVEN'T I BEEN READING THIS???
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

So Lex is all powerful now and Brainiac's dead? Ugh, what a load.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @warlock360:  
    Hank Henshaw is fighting doomsday right now. That is Lew with Kryptonian technology flowing through his body while combined with an entity for the phantom zone the size of the anti-monitor and as lex states has more power than one of the lantern power sources it sounds like 

@Jake Fury said:
    "A better question: WHY HAVEN'T I BEEN READING THIS??? "
    Lol that is a good question. Its basically over now so i would wait to get it in TPB

@FadeToBlackBolt:

brainiac is not dead actually. Once his neck was snapped his body stated it put its self in to a rehabilating state coma or something like that and that it ship is in route to come and get the body for more rehabilitation.
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @Jake Fury said:
    "A better question: WHY HAVEN'T I BEEN READING THIS??? "

Blasphemy,this is arguably the best comic DC has right now.
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    "So Lex is all powerful now and Brainiac's dead? Ugh, what a load. "

brainiac sucks.
    @DEGRAAF:
    OMG GO LEX DESTROY DOOMSDAY AND MAKE SURE HE STAYS DEAD.

and it's a monster from the phantom zone.
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @entropy_aegis:
    I would like to see him destroy Dommsday as well just because it would be different and i would like to see Lex face off against Doomsday. I would want Doomsday to come back eventually though. Paul Cornell stated in his interview today that we wont be seeing Doomsday and Lex on the same panel in Action Comics #900 though so that seems unlikely. 

I like doomsday and Brainiac. 

I knew it was a monster from the phantom zone but from the looks of it it looks like he could be a monitor or anti-monitor from the phantom zone. Also if his name is Otar since that is what he kept saying
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @DEGRAAF: Ahk, cool, thank you :)

@entropy_aegis:
    Lies! Brainiac is awesome.
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " @DEGRAAF: Ahk, cool, thank you :)

@entropy_aegis: Lies! Brainiac is awesome. "

for someone so smart he sure as hell is pretty stupid,common sense>brainiac.
    @DEGRAAF said:
    "@entropy_aegis: I would like to see him destroy Dommsday as well just because it would be different and i would like to see Lex face off against Doomsday. I would want Doomsday to come back eventually though. Paul Cornell stated in his interview today that we wont be seeing Doomsday and Lex on the same panel in Action Comics #900 though so that seems unlikely.  I like doomsday and Brainiac.   I knew it was a monster from the phantom zone but from the looks of it it looks like he could be a monitor or anti-monitor from the phantom zone. Also if his name is Otar since that is what he kept saying "

So instead of capitalizing on the massive potential of this story they're gonna give us a summer of everyone jobbing to doomsday?FAIL 
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @entropy_aegis said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt said:

@DEGRAAF said:
    "@entropy_aegis: I would like to see him destroy Dommsday as well just because it would be different and i would like to see Lex face off against Doomsday. I would want Doomsday to come back eventually though. Paul Cornell stated in his interview today that we wont be seeing Doomsday and Lex on the same panel in Action Comics #900 though so that seems unlikely.  I like doomsday and Brainiac.   I knew it was a monster from the phantom zone but from the looks of it it looks like he could be a monitor or anti-monitor from the phantom zone. Also if his name is Otar since that is what he kept saying "
    So instead of capitalizing on the massive potential of this story they're gonna give us a summer of everyone jobbing to doomsday?FAIL  "
     I'll agree with you on that. Brainiac jobs A LOT (in terms of intelligence).

Yeah, I don't want Lex fighting Doomsday. I want SBP to return and hand DD his ***.
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " @entropy_aegis said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt said:

@DEGRAAF said:
    So instead of capitalizing on the massive potential of this story they're gonna give us a summer of everyone jobbing to doomsday?FAIL  "
     I'll agree with you on that. Brainiac jobs A LOT (in terms of intelligence).  Yeah, I don't want Lex fighting Doomsday. I want SBP to return and hand DD his ***. "

deathstroke gave lex a harder time than brainiac.
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @entropy_aegis: Ugh. This saddens me.
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @entropy_aegis: 
    I would agree with that but that is because Deathstroke is more unpredictable than Brainiac.  A battle between Lex and Brainiac is like a chess match while Lex fighting with Deathstroke if like one man playing chess while the other is playing checkers.

@FadeToBlackBolt:

I would like to see Lex fight Doomsday in the state that they are both currently in but i would like to see SBP also come back and fight him. I would mainly just like to see different people fight Doomsday, I like the idea that they are doing now but what about after that. Also i think Powergirl should be in the fight as well.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.