Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

No Caption Provided

Here is the first community video review of comic vine for Action Comics #900. Action Comics #900 is the return of Superman to Action Comics. The people who were big contributers of this was  haydenclaireheroes,  MTHarman,  sora_thekeycarnivalofsins00 ,  CM_Cameron , and   agent42q (from youtube). To go to anyone of our comic vine profiles just click on our names that I stated and you can see more of what we do. 

I hope you guys enjoy. Tell me what you think of the video. Because we all worked really hard on it. 

MTHarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MTHarman

Hope this video turns out great, much better blog than myself.
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MTHarman: I am so glad that we all worked so hard on this and we all had a great part. I am watching it right now and I still can't believe we all did such a great job. 
    sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By sora_thekey

Wow! Just wow!

This came out great! More proof that Comic Vine's community is the best online community!

I'm really sadden by the fact that I couldn't get my video review in there but this came out amazingly smooth! Kudos to all of the reviewers!

Kudos to MT for his amazing editing skills! n_n

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By sora_thekey

I just reached the credits... LOL! You guys didn't have to do that!! but thanks! :)

haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sora_thekey: You were part of it. So you deserved some credit 
    Avatar image for carnivalofsins00
    carnivalofsins00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 155

#6  Edited By carnivalofsins00

To 100 more. Hear, hear.

haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@carnivalofsins00: agreed
    CM_Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 165

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By CM_Cameron

Wow! That was awesome. Great fun too. Fantastic job everyone. I'm glad I was able to be a part of it. =)

A_O_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By A_O_N

Nice job guys and gal. Glad I didn't pick this up; I've noticed most anniversary issues seem to fall flat. I think they get too much hype and then don't end up being too awesome. If you do this again, maybe half do the good and half the bad because I felt it was a little long and you guys were mostly saying the same. But great first community video.

MTHarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MTHarman
    @sora_thekey said:
    "

I just reached the credits... LOL! You guys didn't have to do that!! but thanks! :)

"

I told you I was gonna give you some spotlight, plus I love that Dr Doom picture you've drawn.
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@A_O_N: If we ever do a second one there is always room for making it better. Thanks for the advice
    Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#12  Edited By buttersdaman000

My store was sold out when I finally got around to going there. And the store owner is a douchebag, who isnt very kind to un-regulars/people who dont live in the neighborhood so I didnt get much help

Silkcuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 730

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By Silkcuts

Congrats guys, glad that like my Project 500, the jam review lives on and I am glad that the spirit of what Project 500 intended is here in this video as well, in this video you have great reviewers like Hayden (who I am glad never took anything I said as negative, but as ways to improve, which she has grown to the Queen of video reviews now) and CM, who is surprisingly really polished for only doing it for about a month, with no offense to the reviewers, those guys don't talk to me and never asked me anything, just saying it as is, Hayden is the Vet of course and CM... all honestly buddy well done.

I know I didn't unmask after my one year and at average I am not a big fan of video reviewers style review since it takes maturity and determination to make them good (and at times I think its weird to remove the written word from a review about a medium dependent so much from the written word), but since my Goal on comicvine was always to push the community to relearn how to read comics I would of joined this project if I was formally invited, I guess I am not as respected as a reviewer as I was under the assumption I was.

As for Mr. Narrator great job, you did it like a pro.  SORA!!!! Props buddy!!!

@haydenclaireheroes:
    This part of the message is for you Hayden, it has been great to see how much you have grown and I told you before (I think in PMs if not your blogs to) that you inspired other reviewers to do the video and it was great that Action Comics 900 (Superman's return) was the comic you guys reviewed as a jam, it makes so much sense symbolically and I am glad you were the driving force of the review, your leadership will only inspire more people.  I guess I wrote off the video review for myself too early, their is potentials for it that I clearly have not mastered and in all reality it is about the Medium and that has always been my top goal on CV.  So I thank you for being the voice of a generation I don't know how to talk to.

Cheers, from your friend
     - Kevin
    Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Very nice! you all did a fabulous job in my opinion.  Makes me wanna go out and get a computer cam and do something like this in the future with you.  10 stars out of 10 in my opinion.

haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Silkcuts: I am glad that since the begining you always gave me advice to improve. I have seen I have improved from that first episode of Comic Duo. I am just glad you always pushed me to do better. I am just glad that you always watched my videos. Thank you for the wonderful comment and the push I always needed. I bet one day we will see a video review from you and it will be awesome. 
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Silkcuts: We had a contest for the video reviews. So, it was not by invitation. So, it would of been really cool if you entered. Because you are a great reviewer on this site and like I have said in the past I would love to see one day you doing video reviews. 
    MTHarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MTHarman
    @RedheadedAtrocitus said:
    "Very nice! you all did a fabulous job in my opinion.  Makes me wanna go out and get a computer cam and do something like this in the future with you.  10 stars out of 10 in my opinion. "

Well when it comes to that, let me and/or Hayden know and i'll see what I can do to help you out.
    JoeyF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By JoeyF

Wow!  Keep this up guys -- Comic Vine is really all about the community coming together for a place to talk comics, and to see this birth out of that idea is heartwarming.

Fell free to hit me up if you guys need editing tips.
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JoeyF: Wow I am so glad you enjoyed our work. We will sure to ask you if we ever do another community video review for some editing tips that would be great. 
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MTHarman: Agreed
    CM_Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 165

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By CM_Cameron
    @Silkcuts:  Thanks for the kind words. Glad to see that I could hold my own with all the other great reviewers on the project.

Like Hayden, I think it would be great to see what you could do with video reviews. While comics may be largely dependent on the written word, visuals are just as important in their expression (I think, anyway) and it's great that, as a medium, comics inspire people to express their opinions in multiple ways, be they written, recorded, sang, built or whatever else people can come up with.
    sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By sora_thekey
    @MTHarman: Thanks but I feel like I don't deserve all that spotlight! :) I was just the guy who pulled the rope to lift up the talon... Nothing fancy!
    @JoeyF said:
    " Fell free to hit me up if you guys need editing tips. "
    n_n
    Silkcuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Silkcuts
    @haydenclaireheroes:  Maybe one day, Maybe I'll do an "unmask" guest feature with you or something for something special.
    Silkcuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Silkcuts
    @CM_Cameron said:
    " @Silkcuts:  Thanks for the kind words. Glad to see that I could hold my own with all the other great reviewers on the project. Like Hayden, I think it would be great to see what you could do with video reviews. While comics may be largely dependent on the written word, visuals are just as important in their expression (I think, anyway) and it's great that, as a medium, comics inspire people to express their opinions in multiple ways, be they written, recorded, sang, built or whatever else people can come up with. "
    No problem, if one thing is true about me is that I say it as I see it.

And I think that is why you were polished with the review, your reviews not simple "Paul Cornell wrote brilliantly" for example, if you said something you mentioned why, it was well thought and clear.  You are right again that the visual is important, I just worry that some people don't truly know how to read comics, because reading comics is not just words like you said, it is facial expressions etc and if someone is not clear on their point when they say it, how clear is their point in their own head?  That is a problem with many video reviewers I've seen, it is really white noise with catch phrases like "brilliant".  If someone is going to express something, why 1/2 @$$ it right?  Mediocrity births more mediocrity after all.  So I am glad you were polished because you were clear with what you liked and didn't like.

So I just said it like I see it.

Cheers
     - Kevin
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Silkcuts: That would be awesome
    Amegashita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26  Edited By Amegashita

Great video.  and great collaboration, congratulations on your success ;D.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.