Nicholas Cage's Action Comics #1 shows up again!

xkoenig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By xkoenig

Well, I didn't know he'd lost it in the first place, but boy, I would be happy to have THAT comic back in one piece!! Doesn't say how much he paid for it originally though...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/nicolas-cage-and-the-return-of-the-1m-comic-2266959.html

Mr. Ubiquitous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Mr. Ubiquitous

It was stolen out of his home back in December of 2000 (along with a Tec #27)...as he was having  a Christmas party (nice guest, huh?)  He was paid I believe $500,000 at the time by his insurance co. so, the book now belongs to the insurance co.  At this, present time, the book is valued somewhere in the $1.2-$1.5 Million range  :0  I'm certain he will attempt to work out a deal claiming "Heirloom" status on the book...but, regardless, he is not getting it back for $500,000....bank on it!

Mr. Ubiquitous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Mr. Ubiquitous

He paid roughly $200-$300K for it back in 97' from Metropolis Collectibles, in NYC, I believe? I could have the specifics wrong, but I'd gladly claim that i'm close in those numbers.

xkoenig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By xkoenig

Interesting - so he seriously won't get it back then?

gucciyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By gucciyan

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.