wmwadeii's Action Comics #22 - Atomic Knights, Part One; The World of Krypton, Part 3: Darkest Depths review

Action Comics #22 Rating

Cover & Solicit - 3/5

• Would I pick-up or buy the comic based on the solicit or cover alone?
  • Are the alternate covers appealing?
  • Does the solicit and cover portray what happens in the issue?
  • Do I like the artist's style on the cover?

Art, Colors & Inking - 3/5

- Weighted Double

• Do I personally like this artist's style?
  • Does the artist stay true to the characters appearance?
  • If there are multiple artists do they blend well and not disturb the reading experience?
  • Does the coloring/inking blend well with the artist?
  • Is the coloring and inking enjoyable to the eye?
  • Is it easy to distinguish what's happening?

Layout & Flow - 3/5

• Does the layout of the issue make it easy to read?
  • Does the issue have a good flow of the plot and keep me engaged?
  • Can I easily read the issue, to include lettering?
  • Is there too little or too much dialogue or monologue?
  • Is it easy to understand what's happening without reading previous issues, or other titles?

Story - 3/5

- Weighted Triple

• How well did the issue further develop the current story?
  • How well did the issue further develop the characters?
  • Did the writer stay true to the history and characteristics of the characters?
  • Did I simply enjoy reading the issue?
  • At the end of the issue do I immediately want to read the next one?

Verdict - 3

- For additional ratings see my blog at Images Unplugged.

Other reviews for Action Comics #22 - Atomic Knights, Part One; The World of Krypton, Part 3: Darkest Depths

Superman: Downfall 0

After the trippy Morrison epic, and even the amazingly character rich Andy Diggle story, Action Comics has hit it's downfall with this issue. It feels like an issue of the New 52 Superman, which is appropriate because it shares the writer, Scot Lobdell, and carries over many of the plot details. SO basically Action Comics is now the place for Lobdell to dump his extra story to give us his mediocre Superman twice a month. Up until now, Action Comics felt very interesting and unique in the way it ...