What's with the Displayed Picture?

#1 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is their a picture of Rick Jones being displayed on the Abomination page?

#2 Posted by No_Name_ (12593 posts) - - Show Bio

HAHAHA

oh Rick Jones. I read that too quickly and I thought it said "Rick James"

NVM

#3 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

Cause Rick is the new Abomination.

#4 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

Shaper says:

"Cause Rick is the new Abomination."

no he isn't...he just looks like him

and even then this is Blonsky's page not Rick Jones'

#5 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

so I take it no one is going to read this thread...or take action

#6 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

but that's the thing he's not Abomination, he's A-Bomb...Abomination is dead

#7 Posted by Buckshot (18685 posts) - - Show Bio

Abomination is the mantle and Rick is carrying it now. This is the Abomination page, so if Rick is acting as him now, his picture can be used.

#8 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

...again with the ignoring the thread

#9 Posted by Buckshot (18685 posts) - - Show Bio

aztek_the_lost says:

"but that's the thing he's not Abomination, he's A-Bomb...Abomination is dead"

I didn't make the changes, but I thought Rick was the new Abomination. Him calling himself A-Bomb doesn't mean he's not Abomination, he might just have given himself that as a nick name (which would be like the aliases that pages already have). Hulk getting called the Green Scar didn't make him not the Hulk, and I'm not sure there's a difference. Maybe a mod that knows better can change it, but I don't see the problem.

aztek_the_lost says:

"...again with the ignoring the thread"

As much as I love this site, CV isn't the only thing I (or any of the other mods) do. People have things to do and just because you're not answered immediately doesn't mean you're getting ignored. You need to learn to be patient.

#10 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"aztek_the_lost says:
"but that's the thing he's not Abomination, he's A-Bomb...Abomination is dead"

I didn't make the changes, but I thought Rick was the new Abomination. Him calling himself A-Bomb doesn't mean he's not Abomination, he might just have given himself that as a nick name (which would be like the aliases that pages already have). Hulk getting called the Green Scar didn't make him not the Hulk, and I'm not sure there's a difference. Maybe a mod that knows better can change it, but I don't see the problem.

aztek_the_lost says:

"...again with the ignoring the thread"

As much as I love this site, CV isn't the only thing I (or any of the other mods) do. People have things to do and just because you're not answered immediately doesn't mean you're getting ignored. You need to learn to be patient.

"

well, if he's never called himself Abomination then technically he wouldn't be Abomination would he?

I am doing other things too but I will try to be more patient

#11 Posted by Buckshot (18685 posts) - - Show Bio

aztek_the_lost says:

"well, if he's never called himself Abomination then technically he wouldn't be Abomination would he?"

I did some looking at the Marvel catalog and the comics and Marvel calls him Abomination in solicitations, recap pages as well as through characters in the story. If something comes along and changes that, then the page and picture can be changed, but from what I see, Rick Jones is Abomination for now.
Post Edited:2008-05-13 00:54:25

#12 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"aztek_the_lost says:
"well, if he's never called himself Abomination then technically he wouldn't be Abomination would he?"

I did some looking at the Marvel catalog and the comics and Marvel calls him Abomination in solicitations, recap pages as well as through characters in the story. If something comes along and changes that, then the page and picture can be changed, but from what I see, Rick Jones is Abomination for now.
Post Edited:2008-05-13 00:54:25"

ok then, sounds good to me I guess...

#13 Posted by DeathAwaits (16 posts) - - Show Bio

lol! nothing wrong with the profile picture. =D totally different than the movie of course but still good.

#14 Edited by Vrakmul (23849 posts) - - Show Bio
aztek the lost said:
"

but that's the thing he's not Abomination, he's A-Bomb...Abomination is dead

"
Knowing comic books he's probably not dead for long.
#15 Posted by Vrakmul (23849 posts) - - Show Bio
DeathAwaits said:
"lol! nothing wrong with the profile picture. =D totally different than the movie of course but still good.
"
I like Comic book abomination's look better than movie abomination. 
#16 Posted by DeathAwaits (16 posts) - - Show Bio

movie abomination looks more mutant like. Comic version makes him look more weak for some reason and alot like Toad LOL! =D!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.