Follow

Abomination

Character » Abomination appears in 540 issues.

Craving for the power of a Hulk, Emil Blonsky purposely had himself infected with triple the amount of gamma that the Hulk originally had. However, it turned him into a monstrous amphibious reptoid as being originally more than twice the strength of the normal calm Hulk, at the cost of never being human again.

Tim Roth's "Abomination" Might Make His Return!

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_

No Caption Provided

We first saw Tim Roth's Emil Blonsky /Abomination character in The Incredible Hulk. Did you think that we would never see him again? You are mistaken! According to a report from Sci Fi, Marvel has officially  confirmed that Roth's character will make his return to the big screen in another Marvel film! The question now is, which film will we see "Abomination's" return? Will there be another Hulk film? Will Abomination make his return in the upcoming Avengers movie?

The return of Roth's "Abomination" character somewhat infers that we will be seeing a lot more of Edward Norton's "Hulk." What are your thoughts? Did you like "Abomination"? in the movie? Are you looking forward to possibly seeing him as well as Edward Norton's "Hulk" in the upcoming live-action Avengers film?
    King Quisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By King Quisling

I miss the signature ears.

Rod12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Rod12

Its probably going to be in the Avengers, another Hulk Movie or possible Thor maybe as a earth Villian while Loki will be the Main Villian and the Asgard Villian.
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#3  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I loved him in the Hulk movie, he got the villain's role down and I wouldn't mind him returning in the future, maybe as the Leaders little pawn in the next Hulk movie, and if Norton and his Hulk returns I will be one happy comic book fan :D

Venom-Hulker_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Venom-Hulker_1

I got to post this on Hulkspace!

Omega King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Omega King

Sweet, i can't wait to see him return

jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By jefprice

As long as they keep this tie in thing going and keep doing as well as they have, I think we'll see a few franchises birthed from these.  

I'm glad to see Tim back.

Luthorcrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Luthorcrow

I love Tim Roth.  I have always enjoyed him in films until I saw this one.  He just didn't was not believable in the role.  The key problem was his character just wasn't a believe military guy.  He was too erratic  and cartoon evil to be a believed.

Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Meteorite

Tim Roth played an awesome Abomination, but if they make a sequel to Incredible Hulk, I'd rather see the Leader as the villain considering how it was implied Samuel Sterns was turned into him near the end of the first movie.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#9  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Meteorite said:
    "Tim Roth played an awesome Abomination, but if they make a sequel to Incredible Hulk, I'd rather see the Leader as the villain considering how it was implied Samuel Sterns was turned into him near the end of the first movie. "
    They could have two villains in the next one and Abomanation could just be the leaders pawn, I wouldn't mind seeing She-Hulk in a sequal as well
    Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Bruce Vain

Hell yes I would love to see Tim back as the Abomination he nailed it perfectly. Plus Tim is just a badass all around.
    Jamiracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jamiracles

Any and every opportunity see two huge dudes beat the crap out of each other is pretty much my ticket sold.

Nahero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By Nahero

yeah A-bomb coming back

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Decept-O
    @King Quisling said:
    "I miss the signature ears. "

Ditto.  That and the green skin; guess the studio thought audiences wouldn't be able to differentiate between the two.  My only complaint about the Incredible Hulk movie was how Abomination looked.  Can't have it all right I guess.  

Still its good news no matter how you slice it and it has me excited to think what could possibly happen in any subsequent movies!
    Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

I'd rather see Doc samson
    glforthewin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By glforthewin

Awesome

Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Aronmorales

Abomination was awesome, only missing those ears.

Chaos Agent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Chaos Agent

I'm wondering why they didn't simply specify which movie he was appearing in, I would love to have it as a confirmation that there will be an Incredible Hulk sequel (as long as the cast is back)

gerald2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By gerald2

The director decided not to make him have the ears and fish type gimmic because it didn't make sense to him.

" I really wanted to wrap my head around the original scaley-with-big-ears monster that was in the comic book, but I couldn’t justify it. The guy isn’t crossed with a fish; he’s not crossed with a lizard. Just like the Hulk he’s an über-human — his body, everything, grows out. And the way he gets injected with the serum, he’s shot in the skin and the muscles, and shot inside the spine. That makes his bones grow thicker and bigger and longer, making him a super-weapon."   from 
    http://reelsuave.com/2008/03/14/the-incredible-hulk-exclusive-director-on-hulk-secrets/

I have to agree with him, the fish ear'd thing was great for the 60's(was that when he was introduced?), but now it doesn't make as much sense.

Still, I thought Abomination was awesome, Tim Roth is great and I'd love to see him return.

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19  Edited By FoxxFireArt
     Abomination would seem to fit for the Avengers movie. You are going to need someone that can face off with the Hulk. Someone the rest of the Avengers would have a problem facing.
    The Hobgoblin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By The Hobgoblin

It'd be cool if he evolved since we last saw him into the Abomination we all know and love from the comics.

johnjcoe9198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By johnjcoe9198

I thought Tim Roth did a good job of conveying how seductive that power could be.  Especially to a soldier who's nearing the end of their career as a field operative.  Look at all the Marines that came home from Iraq and horribly abused and killed their wives!  As much a toll as combat can take on a soldier, when the battle is over and its time to go home, the sheer tranquility of civilian life can become like a punishment to someone who doesn't know any other kind of lifestyle.  That's why most Marines make a career out of service.  They become addicted to it. 
         I thought Tim Roth portrayed that perfectly.  I'm extremely glad he's coming back.  There is one downside to Roth's ABOMINATION, though.  If they ever put DOOMSDAY in a future SUPERMAN movie, it'll look like a total rip-off!  I don't know if it occured to anyone else while watching THE INCREDIBLE HULK, but this take on the Abomination looks an AWFUL lot like Doomsday.  The bulk, the protruding spinal column and bones, its too much of resemblance to just be a coincidence....  

Now, tell me you don't see it!

bigmoneyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By bigmoneyb

am kool with it  as long as edward norton stays the hulk 

TheBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TheBat

I wish he had the ears too. Whether it's in a sequel to The Incredible Hulk or in the Avengers movie - I'm just psyched in general to see the Hulk coming back - hopefully played by Norton.

darkgundamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By darkgundamz

Tim Roth is a great actor, I just could buy him as "military bad-ass" Blonsky. Physique wise he didn't work. If Blonsky would have been played as evil scientist in the film , Roth was it.  Jason Statham would have been perfect for what they had in mind for Blonsky. Saw some of the early Abomination designs the production rew had in mind & a few were a lot closer to what end up on screen. I personally wouldn't  have mind seeing this design as the final look. 

Anomoly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Anomoly
    @War Killer:
    You and your She-Hulk... Hah 
    I'm actually excited that Abomination will be around for another movie. I really enjoyed the unique movie interpretation of him.
    cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By cascadeking09
    @johnjcoe9198: i do see the resemblance, i really dont care. if they were gonna copy doomsday they might as well have let him keep his dang pants on, thats just rediculous to have him walkin around naked with that fake cup over his privates, just let him have pants on in the next movie. hulk never lost his pants.
    Moomin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#27  Edited By Moomin123

I hope he is in the Avengers movie. He could team-up with Loki. I hope Red Skull and the Mandarin join in too.
    Divine_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Divine_Monkey

About the design of A-bomb... I've ready what the director said before, and I still don't buy it. Having no ears at all makes more sense than having pointy ones? Really? And you don't have to be crossed with a fish to have scales. There's a couple of human skin disorders that gives the apperance of scales. Being injected through the skin with a gamma iradiated formula might cause some skin problems, you know. And it's not like the rest of the look iwas very realistic. And there was no reason at all not to make him green.

I just think they liked the idea of designing a villain on their own.

G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By G'bandit

I love the scene when Abo is shot with a rocket launcher, he grabs the missile an crush it against his chest XD 

liked Abomination in the film better than the comic one to be honest

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By NightFang3

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar image for mysteriomaximus
    MysterioMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#31  Edited By MysterioMaximus
    @King Quisling said:
    "I miss the signature ears. " 

I thought he was decent, but this was my biggest beef too. You don't take a characters signature characteristic away. I know it's fanboyish to complain about visual appearance changes in movies, but common...there are things you totally must retain. Can you have Doc Ock without tentacles? What about Wolverine without claws? That’s their main way of identifying them. Well...Creature from the Black Lagoon on steroids or not...I wanted my Abomination with ears!

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Media_Master

He was a cool Hulk villian and worth seeing him again

Adam Michaels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Adam Michaels

I enjoyed Tim Roth as Emil Blonsky. And I REALLY love the way they made Abomination, and Hulk for that matter. I'm a HUGE fan of The Incredible Hulk film and really wish they were a lot more assuring of the franchise's future (like how RDJ and Favreau were enthusiastic about the Iron Man franchise).  

This does kind of coincide with Kevin Feige saying there will be Hulk characters in the Avengers film. Unless they plan Abomination for someone else, which I'm ALLLLLL for. I love the mix and mashing here. It's only right for Marvel to have their characters cross paths in the films like they do in the comics. Not to mention I love the fact they make it a point to get the same actors for the roles. It only adds to the continuity.  

All I have to say is that it seemes everybody is excited about these things. Downey Jr. and Favreau along with Marvel announced the sequel the day after the first Iron Man film was released. Louis Leterrier wants to get back in the mix for another Hulk film and has actually said he'd love to do Avengers. Tim Blake Nelson wants to return as Samuel Sterns/Leader and here we have Tim Roth returning as Emil Blonsky/Abomination. The only one that isn't sure is the one that's killing me the most, and that's Edward Norton.

rightprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By rightprice

I'd like to see a partnership between Abomination and Leader in a movie.  They could have the Leader  trying to get a physically powerful body like the Hulk while keeping his intellect intact and using the Abomination to capture Hulk, and Abomination could be helping the Leader in exchange for him finding a way for Blonsky to be able to change back and forth between human and Abomination forms at will.  That would be a reasonable way to do it.

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Night Thrasher
    @johnjcoe9198: two birds, one stone
    box turtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36  Edited By box turtle

AWESOME NEWS!  I'LL BET HE'LL BE A VILLAIN IN AVENGERS!
    King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By King_Saturn
    This Could Be Very Cool... Very Cool Indeed
    DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By DH69

yay...ish
    Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#39  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

Good Stuff, I really hope they get Norton on board for the Avengers I couldn't see anyone elce doing his part now it would be a massive blow to the initiative

Drafta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Drafta
    @Divine_Monkey said:
    " About the design of A-bomb... I've ready what the director said before, and I still don't buy it. Having no ears at all makes more sense than having pointy ones? Really? And you don't have to be crossed with a fish to have scales. There's a couple of human skin disorders that gives the apperance of scales. Being injected through the skin with a gamma iradiated formula might cause some skin problems, you know. And it's not like the rest of the look iwas very realistic. And there was no reason at all not to make him green. I just think they liked the idea of designing a villain on their own. "
    And that's exactly what the audience (who haven't read the comics) would've thought right?  Not "Why the heck is he part fish?"
    Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Hadrelius

Since he has some of connection to the super-soldier experiment, it has to be the Avengers movie or Caps.
    Green ankh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#42  Edited By Green ankh

Either would be great.  would go to a new Hulk film. But my guess is that he'll be in the Avengers film.
    Phorqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Phorqe

Roth was great in the film. I think his performance shows that he'd be excited about returning to the role.

grimreaper1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By grimreaper1980

that's what i'm saying, loki, abomination, red skull and maybee others to make up the masters of evil

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.